It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews Anchors Spread Fears Of Al Qaeda Link To California Fires

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

FoxNews Anchors Spread Fears Of Al Qaeda Link To California Fires

www.truthnews.us

Fox News anchors couldn’t help speculating about a terrorism link to the blazes ravaging southern California.
Investigators have determined that one 15,000 acre fire in Orange County was deliberately set.
Fox anchors returned to fanning the terror fears, digging up a four-year-old FBI memo and presenting it as new information relating to an al Qaeda link to the fires.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The spin machine is in action without a doubt.
Could be terror.
Could be false-flag terror.
Could be a firefighter who wanted work.

Time reveals all.

www.truthnews.us

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

The spin machine is in action without a doubt.
Could be terror.
Could be false-flag terror.
Could be a firefighter who wanted work.

Time reveals all.

or it could all be a bs made up story.

www.truthnews.us

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

what else do you expect from Fox?
they are like the Arab version of Ajazera except with fit dumb women

Aljazera spread some arab properganda (from terrorists in war zones)

Fox well some right wing properganda

also edbaseball17
whats the point in quoting AS without any imput from you?

edit: just saw that the only input you have put in is this

or it could all be a bs made up story.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by bodrul]

[edit on 24-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What the fires are not global warming, is alqaida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn the enviromentalist got me fooled, if Fox said is Alqaida it most be the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh
My
God.

I'm surprised they haven't blamed Terrorists for the continuing decline of the average IQ in America.
Of course, we know that has more to do with Fox 'n the like...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i did notice that they never mentioned how the fires started until today. me and my wife kept asking each other how did these fires start? i almost emailed fox to ask.
my state had the second largest fire in state history and every single report said it was started by lighting.
and now authorities in cali have someone under arrest. mildly interesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

sorry, new to this forum. I'm not knocking you, i'm just saying that the way the news is today, it's hard to believe anything, you know? They could just be fabricating that story to scare everyone.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
California, Nevada.. its all mud... with some kind of sparse vegitation.

Why plant trees in Israel when the usa needs them in Hollywood.

Ever think of that, perhaps we should.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The next big trend here in the farce we have come to know as homeland security, I'm afraid, is going to be the creation of a domestic threat, either real or literally flase flagged into exsistance, to justify more extreme measures to control an ever more uneasy population. The more educated and informed we become, the tighter they will have to clamp down on dissent and the flow of information which is increasingly indicitive of some very shady dealings within the highest orders of our ruling classes. Big Brother has a weakness, it's called paranoia.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
To be honest the first thing I thought of was a possible Al Qaeda connection to the fires. That was a stated plan of theirs why is it so far fetched? Based on past covered up islamic attacks such as flight 800 and the Oklahoma city bombing, the knee jerk reaction of the media is actually to cover up such attacks.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Terrorists are the new scapegoat. If anything goes wrong, some people blame the terrorists first, before thinking. I'm surprised they haven't blamed terrorists for a lot of troubles in the world: Global Warming, droughts, a cup of coffee at Starbucks costing $6, everyone being over weight, decline of social security, etc.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Based on past covered up islamic attacks such as flight 800 and the Oklahoma city bombing, the knee jerk reaction of the media is actually to cover up such attacks.

You're saying the Oklahoma City Bombing was a cover up, and is really an "islamic attack"?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Fox News didn't pull the possibility of "Al Qaeda" out of their anal orifices. This WAS raised a few years ago. Even though it may not turn out to be the case with THESE wildfires, can you really berate Fox for exploring this possible angle on the story?

USA Today 07-11-2003

Maybe Fox News is just doing their job. You know, examining as many angles on the story as possible, rather than the myopic views of the likes of CNN, Al Jazeera, etc.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Wow, Fox digs up an old FBI report that explores the possibility of terrorists starting fires when the Santa Anna blows, and they report it, and suddenly they're fearmongering?

Hmm... How about instead we say they were doing their jobs? You can bet that they weren't the only ones that had that thought.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Hmm... How about instead we say they were doing their jobs? You can bet that they weren't the only ones that had that thought.

That would be fine if pure unproven speculation was their job, but that's not proper journalism for a major news media, is it?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by seagull

That would be fine if pure unproven speculation was their job, but that's not proper journalism for a major news media, is it?

Its not "pure" unproven speculation. Move one post up from the one you replied to and actually click on the link. It might be speculation, heck, it might be completely unrelated (which I think is more likely) but to say its "pure unproven speculation" is kind of slamming the door since there is a source in the link I provided (USA Today last I heard is not owned by Fox)

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I do remember that the huge forest fire that ravaged Italy, France and Greece last summer are supposed to have been started by arsons too. I know that in this case the cause of some fires has been reported to be downed power lines, yet I gotta wonder how many nuts are out there worldwide just itching for the chance to set countries on fire.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So far from what CNN.com is saying is that police shot and killed one man trying to flee an area where one fire started and they have a second man in custody. Federal agents are on scene at several spots where the fires are believed to have started.

As of 1:00am mountain time San Diego police public trunk line 1 is saying that there are more small fires starting. I heard one officer say over the radio that he put out three small fires with help from other officers and fire fighters and that he was going to another scene where a suspicious person was seen.

Sounds like this thing could be bigger than just one crazy fire bug.

Here in Colorado where I live the Hayman fires were started by a government employee who wanted humans out of the wilderness area!

Check out CNN.com and click on the right top California fire article and it talks about one suspect dead and another in custody.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Based on past covered up islamic attacks such as flight 800 and the Oklahoma city bombing, the knee jerk reaction of the media is actually to cover up such attacks.

Aha ha. Okaay. It generally seems that the "knee jerk reaction of the media" tends to automatically blame funamentalist muslims. I'm guessing that your justification for the Oklahoma bombing being a muslim attack is the the whole John Doe 2 story with the "olive-skinned" man blah blah.

When the fires in Greece occured didn't the Greek government blame terrorists and anarchists (a 65 year old arsonist was arrested in one area), I thing some property developers were also accused of starting the fires. Also the heatwave didn't help.

Arson, especially in a hot, dry area, would make an extremely effective form of attack. But not with a particularly great chance of success, since the emergency services in such an area shoud be equipped to deal with the situation. But, it could simply be nature.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join