It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell..... (pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Please post a daytime photo in the same location as the nightime one. I can see the object, but it looks like you are shooting it through the leaves on a tree. Was it sparsely cloudy that night? Maybe that's what I'm seeing as leaves. A daytime photo of the same area would be very helpful. Thanks.

[edit on 6/20/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Escamilla's photos show nothing but satellites, IMHO.
There are 1000s of them and its not very unlikely that you capture one while skywatching with a telescope etc.

The OPs pic is most likely a satellite too, may be its a geostationary one. I tried to enhance the pic and there seems to be some structure hidden in darkness with very faint spots of lights. The smudge and blur are most likely due to digital zoom and chromatic aberration of the lens.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
Busted dude, using the same lens as our mate with the "Space craft off orion" thread." All his posts are gone from space.com. Nice trick with the black cardboard with small holes for stars with a prism in the middle. Wanna give us a break dude? This aint the ISS. Its a scoobydooy "ROAX!!!!!"

What thread is that BTW, the"spacecraft off Orion" one...?thx

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

here a video of me trying to capture the North star, its blurring an what not but you can see the pulsating flames and such, but I have yet to get a weird image like the one in this thread, im sure we can find some odd things in there somewhere.

You need to fast forward about a min, im in a hurry and have things to do at home with the kids, and dinner, but had enuff time to upload.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am most familiar with film and still cameras. Doesn't the digital zoom just enlarge pixels and spacing, akin to resizing in a photo editor. It is not working like optical zoom does in changing focal length and therefore truely enlarging the image. So the 20x with 2x converter is really getting a 40x optical zoom.

What is the camera's lens lower end focal length?
Where in the sky, in relation to saturn, is this object?

Edit: Guess what I am getting at is maybe part of what is being seen is an somewhat 'exploded' version of the object due to the digital zoom.

[edit on 6/20/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
You're welcome, shearder!

If you need upload space, you can upload up to 250MB at savefile.com.

Just create a free account and upload your video there.

Hope that helps.

Definitely! I will create one now and upload in the next few minutes.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I'm not pointing this out as a solution. I don't know enough about how these shots were taken. I have no idea what he body of the thing is. But the along the top you can see the outline of what looks like wings in multiple exposure. The loop around the end is the right shape, and they have a tranlucent look to them. Any chance?

The pics were taken with the video camera as it can take stills though not top quality. the pics i will post next are frame grabs from the video. There is no way it is a bug, moth or airplane. I will be uploading and giving a link to the video shortly.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
Please post a daytime photo in the same location as the nightime one. I can see the object, but it looks like you are shooting it through the leaves on a tree. Was it sparsely cloudy that night? Maybe that's what I'm seeing as leaves. A daytime photo of the same area would be very helpful. Thanks.

[edit on 6/20/2007 by Spoodily]

I accept your analogy and it would appear as such, however, as mentioned i am placing a link to video and with panning etc there are no trees that were blocking the view as you will also see from the video when zooming in and out and moving around. Again, I am not saying everyone's ideas are rubbish, purely because i do not know what it is myself, hence the reason it is on here BUT what i will do is eliminate any and all "possible" identification based on assumed anomalies so that we can ALL get an answer - if there is one. If not, i guess it falls into the file that never gets opened again.

[edit on 21/6/2007 by shearder]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
wow i can tink of anything that could be but only a ufo with the hanger open

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ok i have uploaded more pics and a small vid. I have tried to keep the vid small but not bad quality. See how i zoom out, move to saturn and the moon and zoom back in. Now see the different shape this thing has at times.

www.savefile.com...

That's the link.

Notice on the pics and the video it has a bluish glow in the centre but when it appears "closed" the blue glow is on the left of the object. Perhaps it has turned - I don't know. Not an insect or spec on the lense.

You will also hear at the end of the clip i also question whether it could be branchesof a tree - which it wasn't as i moved and filmed again and got the same results about 20m from the original spot with no trees in front, to the side etc.

Please just trust me when i say no trees were in the way. A co-worker asked the question whether it was not "space clouds" - who knows as this is where Venus was to have been!

[edit on 21/6/2007 by shearder]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I am most familiar with film and still cameras. Doesn't the digital zoom just enlarge pixels and spacing, akin to resizing in a photo editor. It is not working like optical zoom does in changing focal length and therefore truly enlarging the image. So the 20x with 2x converter is really getting a 40x optical zoom.

That's it - 40x Optical with the converter. I am not sure how the digital zoom actually works but i would assume the same or similar anomaly would have been seen when zooming into Saturn or the Moon.

What is the camera's lens lower end focal length?
Where in the sky, in relation to saturn, is this object?

Camera Specs:
Main features

Camcorder Sensor Resolution: 540 Kpix
Camcorder Effective Video Resolution: 350 Kpix
Webcam Capability: Yes
Media Type: Digital 8
Colour Support: Colour
Optical Sensor Type: CCD
Optical Sensor Size: 1/6"
Min Illumination: 0 lux
Analogue Video Format: PAL
Digital Zoom: 990 x
Recording Speed: SP, LP
Shooting Modes: Digital photo mode, frame movie mode
Shooting Modes: Spotlight, Sunset & Moon, landscape, portrait mode, Beach & Ski, sports mode
Special Effects: Solarisation, Sepia, Mosaic, Stretch, Slim, Pastel, Monotone, Negative Art
Faders: Wipe fader, overlap fader, white fader, random, bounce fader, monotone fader, mosaic fader, black fader
Image Stabiliser: Electronic (Steady Shot)
Max Shutter Speed: 1/4000 sec
Min Shutter Speed: 1/3 sec
Exposure Metering: Spot, matrix
Exposure Modes: Programme, automatic
White Balance: Automatic
Digital Video Format: MPEG EX
Still Image Format: JPEG
Remote Control: Universal remote control - infrared - multi-brand compatibility

Video Capture:
* MPEG - 320 x 240
* MPEG - 160 x 112

Memory / storage
Image Storage:
* Fine JPEG 640 x 480
* Standard JPEG 640 x 480

Lens system
Type: Zoom lens - 2.5 mm - 50 mm - f/1.6-2.4
Focal Length: 2.5 mm - 50 mm
Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera: 42 - 840mm
Focus Adjustment: Automatic, manual
Auto Focus: TTL contrast detection
Lens Aperture: F/1.6-2.4
Optical Zoom: 20 x
Zoom Adjustment: Motorised drive
Filter Size: 37 mm

Edit: Guess what I am getting at is maybe part of what is being seen is an somewhat 'exploded' version of the object due to the digital zoom.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I have been looking at that object you have in the last picture with a 60x spotting scope, for a couple of months, and I don't know what it is, but it looks smashed on one side, and it is spinning because the smashed side changes orientation from day to day. I know it's not venus because I can see craters on it. Please someone who knows astronomy explain what this is.

That is interesting. Why i say that is because in the pics and video you will see that it seems to be turned, at one stage, to the left and you can see the bluish hue to the left and not in the center.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Shearder,

That footage is truly fantastic, you can see that it pulses on the edges like it's alive, and it's definately no satellite. Wonder if it's some sort of space cloud gas, this certainly needs further investigation.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Shearder,

That footage is truly fantastic, you can see that it pulses on the edges like it's alive, and it's definately no satellite. Wonder if it's some sort of space cloud gas, this certainly needs further investigation.

Thanks October. Absolutely! that is the freaky part - almost as if it is alive! But it could be a gas cloud or anything i guess but the weird thing it it seems to retain its shape but when it appears "closed/turned" it seems more oval from where the blue haze is toward the back and more rounded from the front. Hell if it is front or side - who knows.

I am certainly not looking for accolades as to finding the unfindable and if it is never identified then that's how it will remain but I felt it interesting enough to stick my neck out and post it

Glad you like it.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
At first the pics did not impress me at all, but the video is amazing.

I'm not even going to try and begin to explain this one, but whatever it is really does seem to be "alive." I also think the reason you are seeing it so easily is because Venus is directly behind it. If you had been looking at Venus from a different part of Africa that night then you probably wouldn't have seen this "object." So basically you got lucky and were at the right spot to be able to see this weird thing...

Edit: Unless the "object" was very close to Venus then it would probably look the same when viewed from anywhere on Earth...

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I was just thinking, maybe it is one of those C2C drones? You can kind of see Venus behind it as if there is a hole in the middle of this "object." You can also see things that sort of resemble the "prongs" that stick up in the air from the drone...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I just watched the video a few more times and I think it might be an object holding some sort of "being" in the middle. The being looks like it is either hurt or laying down and it kind of squirms around a little bit. The "being's" head would be in the upper left-hand corner of the illuminated part, arm or arms hanging below it, and the legs hanging towards the right side. I could be way off with this though, just throwing it out there...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
At first the pics did not impress me at all, but the video is amazing.

I'm not even going to try and begin to explain this one, but whatever it is really does seem to be "alive." I also think the reason you are seeing it so easily is because Venus is directly behind it. If you had been looking at Venus from a different part of Africa that night then you probably wouldn't have seen this "object." So basically you got lucky and were at the right spot to be able to see this weird thing...

Edit: Unless the "object" was very close to Venus then it would probably look the same when viewed from anywhere on Earth...

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Diplomat]

That was my train ot thought. I have watched this over and over again in high definition. The 15 mins i have got on video is 3.2GB in size. With that said, i also noticed on the bottom right "when it is open" seems to be some pulsating light.

I have viewed more of the video and i will upload another section tomorrow morning. The piece i want to put up seems to be more clear and one can see what looks like plates and it definately appears spherical in shape. Again I questioned whether there is a tree SOMEWHERE but I can guarantee noting was in the way OR it would be seen in the pic where it appears turned. The clip also has a part where it appears to "open" up. So it may not be sideways at times but just closed with light coming out the sides i.e. the blue hue.

Just very interesting.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Awesome video shearder, It almost looks alive, very organic looking.
I hope you'll post some more video, nice work by the way.
I suspect you could get quite a bit of attention over this video if you decided to take it further.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
An interesting video to be sure...

Will you be sending it anywhere?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join