It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Meier UFO Contact Hoax: Discussion

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Efebiy

So you believe that is a real dinosaur that just happens to be coincidently in the same exact pose as an illustration in a picture book. And the snake or whatever that is falling from its mouth is the same exact pose. as in the picture book?

And you don't find that remarkable?

You are able to just dismiss the uncanny similarity and believe a man traveled back in time and photographed live dinosaurs?

Really now?

What was it PT Barnum used to say?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

My apologies.......

[edit on 1-4-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by Efebiy

So you believe that is a real dinosaur that just happens to be coincidently in the same exact pose as an illustration in a picture book. And the snake or whatever that is falling from its mouth is the same exact pose. as in the picture book?

And you don't find that remarkable?

You are able to just dismiss the uncanny similarity and believe a man traveled back in time and photographed live dinosaurs?

Really now?

What was it PT Barnum used to say?

What I would find remarkable would be, let's say, if I a took a photo of Christover Reeve in a superman suit and sitting in a wheelchair and what appeared in the screen was Pamela Anderson dressed in a superman suit and sitting in a wheelchair.
Photos aren't supposed to be "uncannily similar" to their subject. They are THE EXACT REPRESENTATION of what was in front of the lenses.
The difference between that photo and the illustration doesn't have anything to do with exposure, focus, or perspective distortions.
Every PROPORTION is slightly different. Both the neck and the head are much thicker in the photo. The right wing is thinner. The "horn" comes from a different place. The snake is unmistakably nearer the head in the illustration (if you flick between the first two pictures that I posted you can see that when you switch from the photo to the illustration the snake stays in the same area of the image while the head comes nearer, as if it was reaching to catch it). The lack of background in the photo can't be simulated by underexposing it. One simply can't be a photo of the other, even if they are "uncannily similar".

Regarding the time travel possibility: why dismiss it? Are you rejecting the fact that this is not a photo of the illustration because you don't believe that time travel is possible?

You could always try to come up with another explanation...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Efebiy

All I can say is I hopeyou are getting paid for this.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Wow, forgot I had these....
They're pretty hillarious, but since I found them while going through some pics, figured I'd share them... I'll provide more commentary on them soon, but I will say that they were confirmed to be genuine Billy pics by Michael Horn....

Notice that the "alien" in the pic (in the stylish gold foil suit) has 5 fingers, not the 6 later claimed by Billy, and his much lauded "handprint" on the car, etc. Why people still believe this guy is anyone's guess, but he damns himself with his very own schtick....

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Gazrok]

[edit on 9-5-2007 by SkepicOverlord]

Thanks for sharing these
very funny in a bitter type way. I was one of those that heard his account in the late 1990's and was pretty hooked (I'd never seen these raygun pics though, in my defence). The images at the time (no CGI in those days) looked well 'real'. I thankfully came to my senses and came across a very good debunk of one of the cake flying saucers. What a tool I felt when the obvious is shown to you! But in my defence and probably the reason for so much hype around the whole ET thing, there wasn’t the level of internet images and analysis as there is today some 10years on. It was mostly pic’s in books you bought and no clever people showing you how you can manipulate in photoshop (much the same way NASA manipulate and clean-up their photos)

If I see something that looks very real I instantly think CGI. It’s exactly because of today’s technology that I think it’s hard to believe in ET. If they exist (as apposed to earth based military/space advanced technology) they would have already shown themselves to the masses in a very open and obvious way, wouldn’t they? All said and done, I do think that they do exist though but can't understand why they don't show themselves? We didn’t make the huge leaps in Computer technology from light bulbs to silicon chips on our own, no way!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm going to send Mr. Meier a challenge.

I will trade MY LIFE - my own living presence - for proof that his alien contacts are real.

Here's how it will work: Billy gets to take his alien death ray and fire it directly at me once. The exact same ray gun in his pictures. No hidden .45s or anything.

If I die, then it will be in good faith knowing that I have helped prove aliens are indeed contacting Mr. Meier.

If I live, then Billy has to finally admit what his wife has - he's a fraud, and a pathological liar.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by evanmontegarde]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
does anyone else find it odd that all of those pics are arm shots only?

all those horrific "alien costume" shots make me think of the Hanson Brothers.

"puttin on the foil coach"

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Originally posted by evanmontegarde

If I die, then it will be in good faith knowing that I have helped prove aliens are indeed contacting Mr. Meier.

I would say that if you died, it would be as the result of a blind belief...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Originally posted by Gazrok

Notice that the "alien" in the pic (in the stylish gold foil suit) has 5 fingers, not the 6 later claimed by Billy, and his much lauded "handprint" on the car, etc. Why people still believe this guy is anyone's guess, but he damns himself with his very own schtick....

The errans, responsible for the contacts, are humans just like us, except for the fact that their earlobes are slightly longer and they live for 10 times longer. We have a common ancestry with their forefathers.
The prints above were made by an extraterrestrial of another race.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
funny how he only has right hand prints. why no left hand prints on the car? anyone care to guess?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It wasn't me crakuer.....

it was the one armed man!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
funny how he only has right hand prints. why no left hand prints on the car? anyone care to guess?

Oh, wow. I had never noticed that before. Very cool catch.

Thanks.

-Derek

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maybe they also have hemispheric asymmetry, and the being was right handed.

Even if he/she was ambidextrous, I don't see the need to touch the car with both hands unless he/she was leaning on it.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Efebiy]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Efebiy,

Where did you get those photos? I haven't never seen those of the toy gun, do you have any more unseen photos of meier's case?

Note: when meier was questioned about that odd looking toy, he made up the excuse that what happened was that the toy was 600+ years old!!

But why he didn't mention that in the first report? wouldn't that be the first thing to write down in a report? but like other excuses it's always after the fact that things weren't looking to convincing for the public so he needed to come out with something. Also a 600+ years old gun* from a 40 million years advanced race wouldn't look like a human toy from the 60's, wouldn't you think? come on!! just imagine what they could have done in 600 years when only in about 40 years they change the time to travel here from 7 hours (i think) to instantaneous using their thoughts.!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MANNYP4

The photos can be seen in Michael Horn's DVD, "The Silent Revolution of Truth".
Below are the claimed effects of the raygun.
Wendelle Steven's description of the gun and the events can be read at Michael Horn's site:
theyfly.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
wouldn't a beam that could burn thru a tree trunk do a bit of damage to the very alive and healthy leaves behind the twig?

I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this.

That is my exact thought whenever I find myself getting involved with any Billy Meier discussion. After a while it's just not worth the time and effort to argue with the ardent believers, because they're never going to consider the evidence (or lack thereof). But I suppose that's the way it is with any religion. Hope blinds reason.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Crakeur and Nohup,

I too, wonder why you are wasting your time here.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Efebiy

After all, you are the only one getting paid for this right Mr Horn ?

...I mean "Efebiy"

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join