It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Your vote Yes Or No: Was Thermite used in Twin towers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit
Absolutely not.

I don't believe it was a controlled demolition. However, IF IT WAS, they wouldn't have used thermite.

Explosives would've been easier to secretly install, easier to cover up afterwards, and would've had less chance of failure--bombs don't have different burn times, they just blow up or don't.

Well i would have to go with beam cutters. Easy to install and conceal.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
wizard,
you can thank a pfizer and a few others for my mood.
jk

well, in the absense of contrary PROOF, i cant say you are wrong, and of the theories ive read yours is at least plausable on some levels.

i dont agree with you however i respect your opinion and thank you for putting it in an articulate post.

regards
damo

ps besides, according to some 911 is solved, didnt you hear? i personally rigged the buildings rofl

wheres my check again?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
Hello Pharaoh!

I cast a big fat yes — that thermate (instead of thermite) was used to assist in the demolition of the twin towers. Specifically on the outer perimeter columns.

How much? Well, let’s do the math. There were 110 stories and 259 outer perimeter columns. If we blow up only every third floor that would equal 28,490/3=9,497 demolition charges. Of course there were probably some thermate packets placed on the interior core columns as well. So at a minimum there were 10,000 or more bomblets positioned at each WTC tower for a total of over 20,000 at WTC-1 and 2.

Just remember that the bulk of the destroying was done by something a little more powerful — fusion bombs.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 3/18/2007 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

good post and good calculations !!!
I believe what you say here.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No, absolutely not.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Dear Pharaoh:

Glad ya liked my contribution. But before someone else rips me to shreds, I need to make a corrections in my calculations — cause they stink! There were only 240 outer perimeter box columns. Therefore the math should read 110x240/3=8,800 outer column demolition charges (not 9,497). My sincerest apologies. We’ll still leave the total amount of thermate packets at 10,000 per tower, since that’s a guesstimate anyways.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
um, this is NOT an attempt to derail the thread, but i just have to ask...

wizard, after reading your last post, the fusion bombs aside, i just have to wonder...given that thermite reactions are VERY bright, even in the daylight. how on EARTH did NO ONE see upwards of 20,000 thermite bombs going off?

i

edit to add: ultima, thanks for the links

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Damocles]

There are many types of thermite, some just quicly cut through metal without explosives, SuperThermate I believe is explosive. Who knows for sure which types of thermite were used in the WTC? The beams IMO look like they were cut using thermite it would be interesting to know more about how thermite is used in Controlled demo's. Interesting topic, I have been told that these few companies which do the controlled demo's have thousand of different kinds of explosives, thermite plus how they are set, the list goes on and on, it's the experts who decide and basically design how and where to use them in a building and which types of explosives to use. yes it's a very interesting topic.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PHARAOH1133
There are many types of thermite, some just quicly cut through metal without explosives, SuperThermate I believe is explosive. Who knows for sure which types of thermite were used in the WTC? The beams IMO look like they were cut using thermite it would be interesting to know more about how thermite is used in Controlled demo's. Interesting topic, I have been told that these few companies which do the controlled demo's have thousand of different kinds of explosives, thermite plus how they are set, the list goes on and on, it's the experts who decide and basically design how and where to use them in a building and which types of explosives to use. yes it's a very interesting topic.

www.valis.cjb.cc...

WTC#7 became the first steel-frame building in history to collapse through fire. The collapse generated pools of molten steel in the debris piles at the site, consistent with the ignition of chemical (thermite) cutters pre-positioned by wireline inside its structural box columns and the remote-controlled detonation of atomized aluminum powder or ‘rocket fuel’ bombs in segregated column sections.

Schlumberger’s “Casing and Tubing Cutters” document has, “Cutters used to sever tubing or casing .. Jet cutters cut casing in a flat plane perpendicular to the casing wall. Chemical cutters burn the casing .. Applications: .. Burr- and flare-free cutting with chemical cutters; Bomb for heavy drillpipe or casing [base of box columns 4” thick]”.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

www.valis.cjb.cc...

WTC#7 became the first steel-frame building in history to collapse through fire. The collapse generated pools of molten steel in the debris piles at the site, consistent with the ignition of chemical (thermite) cutters pre-positioned by wireline inside its structural box columns and the remote-controlled detonation of atomized aluminum powder or ‘rocket fuel’ bombs in segregated column sections.

Schlumberger’s “Casing and Tubing Cutters” document has, “Cutters used to sever tubing or casing .. Jet cutters cut casing in a flat plane perpendicular to the casing wall. Chemical cutters burn the casing .. Applications: .. Burr- and flare-free cutting with chemical cutters; Bomb for heavy drillpipe or casing [base of box columns 4” thick]”.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by ULTIMA1]

I checked it out and it was very interesting, I have never seen it before, but it is good to have the info. keep rolling in. there are so many puzzle pieces to put together in this 911 truth movement, it not too had to start making out what the picture is It looks like it reads something like this : 911 was an inside job. what do you think?

[edit on 20-3-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

there are so many puzzle pieces to put together in this 911 truth movement, it not too had to start making out what the picture is It looks like it reads something like this : 911 was an inside job. what do you think?

Thier is not enough evidence yet to prove an inside job but thier is enough evidence to suggest the government knows more then what they are telling us and that they may have let it happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thier is not enough evidence yet to prove an inside job but thier is enough evidence to suggest the government knows more then what they are telling us and that they may have let it happen.

That I can definately agree with.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomX
That I can definately agree with.

My theory of what happened at the WTC.

Their were unconventional high explosives (commercial jet fuel), unconventional delivery (aluminum aircraft, associated metals and oxides) to create high explosive blasts, extreme temperatures from thermite reactions that caused the collapse of the towers.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
No

Previously I would have said yes but now I feel I need to see more evidence.

The more evidence the better.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Look at this then tell me that areoplanes and fires alone brought down the WTC towers!

Never in history has a building built this way been brought down by fire alone.

johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

there are so many puzzle pieces to put together in this 911 truth movement, it not too had to start making out what the picture is It looks like it reads something like this : 911 was an inside job. what do you think?

Do you believe another investigation should or will be done, based on more current and accurate info?
Tell what you think.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
No, absolutely not.

Tell me why you don't believe? In just a quick short summery or a long one if you prefer?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartie
Look at this then tell me that areoplanes and fires alone brought down the WTC towers!

Never in history has a building built this way been brought down by fire alone.

johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com...

Compelling, I have to agree with you for I have not seen any convincing evidence to the contrary as to the fact it is not true, as of this date.

Good post

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I dont know about thermite or not BUT i do believe Explosives were used on ALL THREE buildings and i do believe my Government knew about it and in some way participated in it.
This is my opinion and is considered fact to me and nothing can be done to change my mind and nothing can ever be said or done that I would forgive my Govt. All i could ever hope is that all those responsible are someday brought to justice and charges of treason are brought against them.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I dont know about thermite or not BUT i do believe Explosives were used on ALL THREE buildings and i do believe my Government knew about it and in some way participated in it.
This is my opinion and is considered fact to me and nothing can be done to change my mind and nothing can ever be said or done that I would forgive my Govt. All i could ever hope is that all those responsible are someday brought to justice and charges of treason are brought against them.

Check out the discussion on my other thread and tell me what you think

Thread Link : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yea, i had checked out that thread before but in my opinion it is hard to say if these angled cuts were made prior to collapse or during the rescue/recovery.
Could just as well have been blow torches cutting the beams to remove debris, besides i wouldnt think thermite would be that neat, youd think it would just leave uneven cuts where the steel was melted off of the beams in blobs.
To be honest with you, for the most part i dont participate to much in 9/11 threads because number one it really pisses me off and number two i dont believe those responsible (our Government) will ever get whats coming to them. Which in my opinion is Execution!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Yea, i had checked out that thread before but in my opinion it is hard to say if these angled cuts were made prior to collapse or during the rescue/recovery.

i dont believe those responsible (our Government) will ever get whats coming to them. Which in my opinion is Execution!

And time will tell, we live in interesting times, who knows what's going to happen on the horizion, but I feel the sun is sinking swiftly, and soon there will be a new day and a new light which shines brightly on the truth and our future, so that we will be able to see what has infact, really happened.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join