It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE 4th Dimension is time??????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Strange. I am using Firefox right now, and I do have the latest Reader...hmmm...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Can you send the PDF via U2U? If not, message me through that and I'll give you an email address to send it to. I'd like to take a look at it.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The fourth dimension is the human unknown,the spiritual realm this is where time is non existant.Yet it conicides with our reality.Its like there being ghosts inside a room and they could fill millions of them in that space yet when it comes to physical laws this would be impossible.The metaphysical laws would be more sufficient on this topic.Another way to say the fourth dimension is where we defy or redifine time.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by menguard]

[edit on 25-5-2005 by menguard]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That was a cute description, I'm not sure whether to laugh or take you seriously. When I was reading "The fourth dimension is the human unknown,the spiritual realm..." I was expecting to see "where pixies and fairies alike prance in dewy meadows, and unicorns feed from the oak trees." I don't mean to rag on you, I just like to throw humor in here and there for a message board that is far too serious at times

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
T jesus personally I like when people show there personalities, it adds humour to the posts to not take ourselves so seriously we can have fun and post.But seriously, I posted my truth."Just because people don't see it doesn't mean it's not there."This whole topic is very intriguing.I would love to read The Holographic Universe it most definately sounds profound.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, just think, there's like 6 or 7 more dimensions according to string theory, although that aspect of physics doesn't hold my attention as much as what I work with, electrodynamics and surface physics. I like to work on things I can actually play with and manipulate.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is an interesting PDF regarding the next 20 years in particle physics. I like it it pretty straight forward... so most people could gather a lot of information from it. It actually explains everything in layman terms and doesn't start spewing off endless mathematical formulas. Check it out.

It is all about Stars, Galaxies, Neutrinos, Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Regular Matter, and Anti-Matter. I am currently reading it now. 18.9 megs... it does present a lot of topics for further discussion and research.

hitoshi.berkeley.edu...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well, particle physics still has a very long way to go to prove to be of any use in my mind. Too many major theoretical particles haven't been discovered yet...i.e. Higgs Boson. I'm not as bad as a chemist friend though, who thinks all of particle physics is b.s.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
T jeseus, Thats very interesting that you say twelve or thireen dimensions.I would be willing to say those are problay accurate,if not exact calculations.I don't know the string theory,but in one of Carlos Castanadas books, Don Juan talks about there being twelve dimensions.They are both toltecs/shamans.And we only use or have three connected dna strands,so if we used the rest we would probaly be able to view all these dimensions.Each one of these dna strands probaly does enable one to view outside other layers of our third dimensional reality.Could you sum up the string theory for me please?Meaning how they come to the conclusion of other dimensions.I think I am on to something.I have read somewhere that this is what we are doing now is reconnecting our other dna strands,hence the spiritual evolution taking place.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can't see the hyper-cube correctly, am I supposed to see it, or is that one of the things the human mind can't descipher?

I don't get dimensions, I only know it as like 2D is like a square, and 3D is a sphere (just naming shapes). Like my keyboard is 3D, but the letters on the keyboard are 2D. I don't get the other dimensions. Of course i'm just 15 and havn't gotten past biology yet. Someone want to explain in 9th grade "easiness" ?

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Ken_Allen]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
hmm... I suggest you read this entire thread with a fine tooth comb and check out all the link suggested if you want to learn more. You should skip the scientific theories etc... if you are to young to grasp them.

I don't know what the 4th dimension is. That hypercube theory doesn't make sense to me either, because it is, in fact just a 3-d shape like anything else.

Time, on the other hand, is more intreuging as it pertains to the passing moments and not a physical dimension per say.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ken_Allen
I can't see the hyper-cube correctly, am I supposed to see it, or is that one of the things the human mind can't descipher?

I don't get dimensions, I only know it as like 2D is like a square, and 3D is a sphere (just naming shapes). Like my keyboard is 3D, but the letters on the keyboard are 2D. I don't get the other dimensions. Of course i'm just 15 and havn't gotten past biology yet. Someone want to explain in 9th grade "easiness" ?

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Ken_Allen]

I feel you on this one =) Naturally though, we can't explain what we don't experience so no one can describe what the higher dimensions would look like in that sense. I think all people can offer on this is mathematical theorems.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
here is a video i made that explains the dimensions
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
String Theory is just that, theory. In fact, after over 20 years of conflicting papers, number of dimensions, and lack of any predictable results, it is beginning to fall into disfavor. It's adherents are very similar to someone who watches TV at 3AM in the morning. They end up watching a meaningless, tired, and totally useless program. When asked why, they respond- it was the only thing on TV. String Theory today is the "only thing on", when it comes to trying to come up with a solution to the search for the "theory of everything". If something more promising comes along, I believe that string theory will go the way of the covered wagon.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by menguard

No, the 4th dimension is time. It's very well understood. It's not mysterious, it's not fantastic, it's not otherworldly, it's not spiritual. It's time.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join