It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Milton - Are you in the path?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

They will get out, but they will go to may daughter in law parents' home, they own a beautiful home by the Atlantic, they should be ok, the problem is that the traffic getting out of St. Pete is insane now, but they have a whole night and tomorrow to travel. is only both of them no children.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Glad they will be safe!

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I honestly can't even begin to imagine how awful it must feel knowing your home and everything you own is in direct danger in a situation like this.
I sincerely hope this is one of those occasions where the reality doesn't quite meet the expectations.
Sorry but all I can say is good luck guys and stay safe.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thank you my friend. That's all I wanted to hear. I don't trust the 'knockingness' of this tropical low. This stom is a bad mother, and following the same track as other historic bad mothers, like Wilma and Paloma. They are unpredictable, creating their own environment, and intensify rapidly. Prior to this, Wilma was the record holder.

I have family and friends in the Tampa/ST. Pete area and they have all run north and west. I have friends in Lake County, who are standing their ground, and are almost certainly to get the crap kicked out of them. This might well be the most serious and dangerous storm that I've ever seen. I hope to be horribly wrong and that Milton ramps down before landfall. I am super concerned about this storm.

ETA: sorry for my brain fart in calling you Marge, instead of Margo.

edit on 7/10/24 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Is either marge, marg or margo, is all good.

Yes, right now, everyone is leaving Tampa, because Tampa is below water level.

Soo they will get flooded regardless.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   
For anybody that needs to see the maps, WFLA has uploaded storm surge charts/maps for area counties. As I suspected, I am ok from the flood waters, but I am not looking forward to the wind.

Town and Country, Oldsmar, Ruskin, Apollo Beach, All Pinellas County Barrier Islands will be under as much as ten feet of water or more! Not cool at all! Davis Island only just barely cleared out their homes and the debris there. Hopefully none of them have refurnished yet.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The wife and I have friends in Brandon, they just moved down there.

She just talked to them and they are not leaving.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

open the link and check Hillsborough county. Brandon is going to be clear for the most part of all the surge. Clair-Mel, just the west of Brandon will be the apocalypse though.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm glad it's not predicted to turn up toward those of us in the Carolinas who may still be suffering. For those in Florida, I spent many of my formative years growing up there. Many of y'all are old hats, but having the one-two punch is a bit much. Stay safe and stay dry.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

open the link and check Hillsborough county. Brandon is going to be clear for the most part of all the surge. Clair-Mel, just the west of Brandon will be the apocalypse though.

Yeah I was just looking at that.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Got hit by Beryl earlier this year.

Anything stronger than Catagory 2, best to play it safe and evacuate.

You can replace stuff, not lives.

Friday is my payday, I'll be donating towards the disaster relief.

Hold in there, Florida.
Thoughts and prayers.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They are saying the pressure in the eye just dropped below 900.

Only 5 other storms have dropped below 900.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Helene was horrible. My mothers house is a flood loss from that one. It was just the surge. Not the wind. They are going to have both now. So many friends who lost is all to flooding.

The barrier islands of Pinellas will forever be changed. Tampa Bay, I mean, I cannot even imagine right now to be honest.

I lived their through a lot of storms. The worst one ever was the no-name storms. Rain for over a week and the flooding...but it was just flooding.

There are still a LOT of the older 2/1 3/1 homes in the Urban sprawl from Dunedin to St Pete Beach.

I hope if you live there you have gotten to someplace safe.

edit on 7-10-2024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The barrier Islands are a permanently evolving geography. Honeymoon Island and Caledesi island (North of Clearwater Beach) used to be one, but were cut in half by a hurricane in 1921. A different hurricane in 1985 then reconnected Caladesi island to North Clearwater beach, making it no longer an island. Now we can walk to caladesi from the beach if you wish rather than taking the ferry from Honeymoon Island. I wonder how Milton is going to break/merge the islands this time around?

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   
896 mb. This is historic and horrific.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Jesus this thing just hit CAT5 !! ☠️

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I just got a call that my nephew will head out with the neighbors tomorrow morning thank goodness. Staying for Ian is one thing, but I'm glad my sister in law is of course staying in WI where she went to help her mom and he will be safe by leaving.

My brother before he passed away said the worst he ever experienced was a super typhoon when he and her were both working for the government and living with the kids on Saipan. The government quickly relocated them to Guam, but 8 months later they still couldn't go back to Sapian. They requested and received positions in Florida and never went back, so they've kind of taken a not too worried attitude about hurricanes. I think that needs to change now.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Is a super hurricane, we had not have many of those, they are higher than 5, but the way the hurricane are ranked they do not go higher than 5

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You are quite correct. I remember the dredging in the late 80's to make a nice barrier for the waves to stop the erosion. It works for normal everyday tides. Sucked for the waves but it has been pretty good over the years. Sand can create something where seemed to be nothing.

This storm is going to permanently remove some of the barrier islands that were created in the 50s. Treasure Island, parts of St Pete Beach..keep going north to Clearwater...even Out towards Ft Desoto. It is not natural. My worry is they will simply be gone.

BTW I still like to take the Ferry....

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I agree with you about all the gulf barrier islands. I pray everyone evacuated as they should have. I'm not looking forward to hearing about the house, but it is just a house. That's nothing compared to loved ones. We'll figure it out after the storm, or if it's all gone, it's gone. Not much we can do.

<< 1    3 >>

join