It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Milton - Are you in the path?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This storm is enormous, moving slow and is set to be the strongest Atlantic basin storm ever. With the area just getting over the brush with Helene and the damage then this is set to be worse.

I grew up a large part of my like in St Pete and Treasure Island. Skim-boarding Mad Beach and when you could actually surf on North St Pete Beach. Even Clearwater. The damage I saw, and had family and friends experience in the last few weeks is still way too fresh in their minds.

If this comes in the way it is showing you are looking at many areas, easy, under 10-12 feet of water or more. The ground is saturated. Flooding is going to destroy multiple urban areas and we have seen what happened with Helenes response.

I am in a direct line right now to get the NE side. The brunt. I hope any members who live or have family in Florida are safe, smart, stocked and loaded. This is going to be a rough few days. Don't let the liquor run out....

Remember to help your neighbors as soon as this is over. Check up on friends and those you know could need help.

For the love of god if they say evacuate....GTFO.

Good luck everyone.

Keep up to date
edit on 7-10-2024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE
Please keep this about the approaching storm.....this is NOT The place for politics......that is for another thread.

edit on Mon Oct 7 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I am not in the path, of super hurricane Milton, but my son and daughter in law are, they live in St. Pete, they has gotten ready but seems that soon they will be ask to evacuate, they are in zone D, but now been in cone they are in the red zone for surges up to 9 feet.

Hopefully the front that is giving GA and northern FL beautiful weather will drop enough to save them from full disaster.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

yup, I am in Champa Bay, ground zero. Luckily I am far enough away from the water that most of the severe flooding will top out about a mile and a half south of me. We are anxiously awaiting our Apocalypse , because that is what this is going to be unfortunately. I feel bad for Pinellas, I suspect I will not recognize the coastline/beaches again for years and years. Pinellas will eat the brunt of it so Hillsborough county at most should experience a high Cat 3. However all of south Hillsborough from Apollo Beach through Manatee county will have the bay flood them out for miles, so anybody out there get out now! I was doing survey work out there last month, and the little manatee river gets bad just from afternoon storms.

We will thankfully accept and receive all prayers and well wishes and good luck. There have been at least six fights that have been reported to me by witnesses at Home Depot and Lowes today over plywood. Talking straight fist brawls that ended in arrests. They will be safe in jail at least, hopefully the idiots did not leave their families as a result of their inability to think.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It is sad, it will be total devastation, my son and his wife just been living in their home for only 2 years, they are close to water but in the inside facing Tampa on almost to the tip.

Sadly, this is one of the prices to pay for living in the coast, sadly most of the Tampa Bay is nothing but a big sad bar and so the littler islands that were developed to create prime real estate.

People wanting to live by the water do not know that they actually live in a big sandbar in the water.

Nature is a force that when unleashed will claim what rightfully belongs to it.

It will be catastrophically loses, just like NC the place will never be the same, but is always a future, look at Mexico beach, another sand bar that was created for development, after been hit by Michael that also devastated my are in GA, it has come back again.

Michael cost me and my husband over 30 thousand dollars on repairs, our house does not resemble what used to look before the hurricane.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Nope they did not, but the carpet baggers and developers are salivating once everything calms down to come and buy the land of poor people with no insurance for pennies on the dollars, BTW I have a friend that live in that area by the river, brother and sister got flooded she did not, but for years they have been fighting the developers that wants to buy the pristine and picturesque woods surrounding their communities in the mountains.

I guess the developers will get their wishes comes true without fighting anymore.

edit on 7-10-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
a reply to: lilzazz

Nope. Helene made Biden Harris look really bad.

OK, stay safe!! They can control the weather!!!

www.newsweek.com...

edit on 7-10-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

link   
We been lucky for a hundred years. I suspect if Tampa is finally taking the big hit, the Big Quake is coming soon for South Cali as well. I do not believe anyone is creating this storm, but weather manipulation is also a hundred years old, it may very well be possible to guide the path of storms using some kind of mass array of high frequency/power antennas aiming at the atmosphere or something. I wonder if something like that exists??

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Isnt Hurricane Insurance Mandatory, like car insurance?

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Prayers and best wishes for all in the path of this monster storm.
Stay as safe as you possibly can or try to reach a somewhere out of danger.

edit on Mon Oct 7 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD note---------- and please note my post here for the safety of others will not stop post removals as needed.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I believe that is already technology that can dissipate storms, but the government is holding to it.

Also the last hurricane that hit Tampa directly was in 1921, by a Category 3, flatten the entire area it was devastating, but look they came back, and more people live in the area that in 1921.

edit on 7-10-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Not there currently, was going this weekend. Have a place on Sanibel. I'm seriously thinking this one will be a final end to it. I'm not sure if it'll recover if it is anything like Ian. Things were just starting to come back there at about 75%, then surge from Helene damaged some and Captiva, and now this. Have family on a canal in Cape Coral. She was out of town, son 19 is there and isn't leaving. I'm angry about it. I told her yesterday to fly him up to her, but she didn't take me seriously and now he can't get a flight, gas station had no gas. The neighbors will keep an eye on him, but I'm worried.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes but back then most homes were not block homes. Although if you notice when they build new apartments, they make them entirely out of wood. New homes are almost always done with block/cement brick but for whatever reason, the multi-story apartments always still get made out of basic wood and stucco. There goes all that affordable housing that got built over the last three years. Even the ones along Hillsborough avenue between Town and country and Oldsmar. The wife and I kept wondering why they would build them that way (2014 or so) so close to the water. I think some of them will be missing before the end of the week.

a reply to: frogs453
That really irks me I have been trying to get to that Shell Museum on Sanibel for years! Now I may never have the chance...
edit on 7-10-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Yes, both my son and daughter have insurance, for everything because my daughter is in Panama City beach and my son in St. Pete my son's home is brick, something will be left after the hit. Is mandatory evacuation in the Tampa area right now, the traffic is insane, I beg my son to take his wife and go to their in laws that leave on the other side of Florida by the Atlantic.

Very expensive, but a catastrophic event like a hurricane that will flatten everything will take years for people to get their life and homes back.

Many of the people in NC did not have flood insurance, only the more affluence ones that live by the water, but most of the poor in the mountains do not.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I know is going to be flatten with the surge, this hurricane is not joke, is now a super hurricane that will make history, hopefully it will weaken with the front that heading south before it reaches the coast.

Still it will be surge because that is been building as we speak.

And yes houses are built a lot different than 100 years ago.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Tell them to come to Hillsborough county North of Hillsborough and East of Dale Mabry. So long as people are not near a lake or the river flooding should not be that horrendous. Its crazy, I remember when the water got sucked out of the bay and everyone's boats were sitting on dry ground where the river used to be. Now all those boats are going to be deposited on the roads.

My employer has scheduled us off until Friday. Assuming there is anything left of us afterwards. I am going to be working hard to clear up my neighborhood and help out anyone I can. CERT equipment and pack has been pulled out. Brushing up on our triage and markings. Its all hands on board, once I determine we are safe, I am hitting the streets with an army of seven to help out our neighbors. Hopefully others will be ready to pitch in.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Marge, get them out. The wx services are relying upon a slowly-moving low pressure to knock the nuts out of the storm, but that knocking is iffy. Get them out and away into a nice Hilton bunker 327 miles away with room services.

edit on 7/10/24 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   

On my gosh, you are so right, my daughter knows about this, she lives between the bay and the gulf coast, in Panama City beach and she walk to the bay when she heard that the water was been sucked out of the bay, she said it was insane.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure if it could take another 10-12 foot surge. Sorry you never made it. A ton of sand they brought in to put around the lighthouse which just got her new leg this year that was lost in Ian all washed away from the Helene surge too. Sad. I started going there when my parents bought their place when I was 8. Thank goodness they sold theirs literally 2 months before Ian. They are too old to deal with this stuff. I think I'm too old to keep doing it too. And seriously rethinking buying a house near my family member for retirement which I was pretty confident we would do and either rent out or sell the Sanibel place.

Ugh, just thought of Matlacha. I was there a month or so ago for dinner when I was down there and there were so many places that hadn't yet recovered from Ian. Barely upright. Sigh. This is awful.
edit on 7-10-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join