It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Milton - Are you in the path?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
We got two days tops to clean up as much debris as possible before H-Hour. However, the state did help to get power restored to most folks from the last Hurricane in record time, and we are getting more efficient at it. That is a plus. The best thing we got going for us, is this state is prepared and efficient with storms. The Governor has really taken the lead in getting us through these natural disasters, and I know he will continue to deliver as long as he serves us. God Bless you Governor DeSantis.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is a link to NOAA radar in central Floridia for those who don't know it.

radar.weather.gov...

Thoughts and prayers to all in this storms path.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Could Milton become a Category 6 hurricane? Is that even possible?

Milton’s race from a Category 2 to a Category 5 hurricane in just a few hours has left people wondering if the powerhouse storm could possibly become a Category 6......

The open-ended Category 5 describes anything from “a nominal Category 5 to infinity,” Kossin said. “That’s becoming more and more inadequate with time because climate change is creating more and more of these unprecedented intensities.”

edit on 7-10-2024 by MetalThunder because: STAND YOUR GROUND

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Wishing you the best of luck and most importantly safety.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not in the way. I live on the other end of the country.
We are still facing wildfires with extreme fire behavior and record high temperatures -- in October!
I live at 5100 feet elevation in a forest and still have daytime temperatures in the upper 80s. Very unusual. 30-40 years ago we would have already had the first wetting fall storm by now and getting ready for snow.

Weird weather.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I just saw an interview with the mayor of Tampa and she was asked if she had a message for the people there. Her reply was if you do not choose to evacuate and decide to stay, '' you will die''

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Let's make a Category 6. Then a Category 5 won't be such a big deal, and Category 2 will be a nothingburger.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof
I don't like Mayor Castor, she is a WEF stooge trying to break inroads here in Tampa for the Davos crowd. I cannot beliece she ran unchallenged in the last election. I hope the next mayor cuts the entire DEI part of every city agency and tells all employees that the mission is over, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 will suffice for all future diversity and equality issues.

I never trusted her, and my motto before she went on demanding to the county commissioners that they impose a county wide lockdown, curfew and mask mandates. She had me followed for awhile when I was name dropping the Bilderberg and WEF on the City of Tampa twitter and her own twitter account and calling it all a scam from day 1. of course that is my speculation, but the timing fit.

I said before, vote a Police Chief mayor, get police state policies. And she did precisely that. Thank goodness the Sheriff cut off her nuts and made it clear his office was not going to bother enforcing any of those mandates, leaving it to the idiot private security guards that would routinely harass me when I walked into anywhere without a mask as if I just punched a kitten in the face.

Anyways, she don't do #. She is just like Kamala, just talks a big game, takes some pictures and does not actually do much of anything. I cannot wait until her chapter is behind us all.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Here is a website thats usually pretty accurate and they give amateur radio updates when the net is active.

Hurricane Watch Net

Feel free to use it!

Prayers for all in the path of the storm!

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I hope the next mayor

Well, that is supposing there will BE a next mayor.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I lost a roof to helene, and now depending on if milton goes a few more degrees north, or south will my dads house and sisters house be on the good or bad side of the hurricane.

Also no my dad isnt leaving and my sister and her kids will be in his house, if I had to ride out a Cat 3 or 4 my dads house would be the house I choose.

He built it with his dad, the trucked in a ton of dirt to raise the ground before laying the foundation, cinder block walls, reinforced with rebar, and a brand new roof on it, also no trees close to the house to put it at risk.

Lastly and most importantly zero risk from storm surge hes far enough inland.

But I still worry..

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
The wife and I have friends in Brandon, they just moved down there.

She just talked to them and they are not leaving.

"Not leaving" is a mistake. The question is, can you get very far and should you go NORTH or SOUTH. The last time I went to Florida (2022) it took 3 hours just to drive 100 miles...and it was a normal Saturday! Me and the Wifey immediately crossed Florida off our list of relocation options.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

If they aint out now they aint getting out, Tampa at least was bone dry for gasoline around noon today est.

Also go where?

Risk going south and if the storm turns they are screwed, go north and possibly get caught in the damaged areas of north florida.

throw in the normal terrible traffic that can add hours onto any drive and now pack the road from GA down past tampa, EV's running out of power, people running out of gas.

Yea if your in the storm surge danger area you should have left a day or so ago.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Cat-5 Hurricane Andrew was relatively small, but it obliterated everything in its path. Storm surge was the least of the troubles. Hopefully Milton's strongest winds will also be confined to a 50 mile-wide swath.

Fascinating 1993 Analysis of Andrew's effect on Florida: floridadep.gov...

edit on 1072024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Now that you say that, it explains why Biden made separate calls to her and DeSantis.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

As a life long Floridian not in a flood zone, the best solution is to stay put and batten down the hatches. The problem with Tampa? The most densely populated parts of the City of Tampa are Palma Ciea, Hyde Park, South Tampa and they are all along the water. Thankfully these communities also happen to be, some of the ... well the more better off communities of the city.

Many of them have the resources to recover when they come back.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   

yea was watching a live stream today and saw they are predicting up to 9 feet of water on the land at Macdill AFB.

Assuming the landing point predictions are remotely accurate.

I was born in clearwater raised in zephyrhills, even remember the eye of a hurricane going over our house one time.

this just seems all wrong, where it formed path its taking, I trust my ancestorial home, but I cant help but worry, guess its from being removed from hurricanes for 25 years.

<< 1  2   >>

join