It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Hezbollah members injured in Lebanon when the pagers they used to communicate exploded

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Microwave it's a Faraday Cage.
Sometimes i'd like to flush all my tech down the crapper.

originally posted by: nugget1
Makes me wnt to run out and fill my house with as many lithium-ion battery products as I can find!
Right now all I have is a tablet and a laptop (I know; poor side of town) that I should probably start putting in the bathtub when I go to bed at night.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.timesofisrael.com... Lebanese authorities raise death toll in pager blasts to 11, say 4,000 injured

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I Always Liked the one Long Distance is the Next Best Thing to Being There.

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: RickinVa
I was going to reply....but somebody is beeping me....brb

I want to know if it was sent to specific pagers or if it was like an email/text "blast" pardon the pun

Let's see if Ryder says anything in his presser

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

From Druze journalist Fitzal Al-Qassem

"What happened today to Hezbollah can be classified as the most fantastic pre-emptive strike in modern history. It can be compared to Israel's pre-emptive strike on the Egyptian Air Force before the Six-Day War.

Today, Hezbollah has thousands of brand new disabled fighters, and if they enter the war now, its wounded will not even find one free bed in the hospitals in Lebanon because the hospitals are now bursting with injured.

Even worse - Hezbollah has lost its security and military means of communication." (Abu Ali)

x.com...

It sounds like a multifaceted win for the Israelis.

Amir Tsarfati puts it this way on Telegram…

Israel will be mapping out injuries, hospital admissions, social media posts, electronic communications, news footage, and medical records, linking them all to people who had these pagers today. Forget the injuries and deaths; Israel just created a massive and growing trove of information about both known and previously unknown Hezbollah militants, as well as their supporters, partners, friends, family members, colleagues, workplaces, vehicles, and homes.

t.me...

edit on 17-9-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

it was a pretty smart plan, made me think about years and years ago how they targeted a couple of leaders of the PLO. they called the target where ever they were suppose to be on the phone and when they answered the phone a helicopter swooped down and fired a missile through the window and one was a wall.

]
edit on 17-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Yep, I remember that one.

This is an interesting Reuters article from July…

Israel's electronic eavesdropping - including hacking into cell phones and computers - is also widely regarded as among the world's most sophisticated.
Hezbollah has learned from its losses and adapted its tactics in response, six sources familiar with the group’s operations told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive security matters.
Cell phones, which can be used to track a user's location, have been banned from the battlefield in favour of more old-fashioned communication means, including pagers and couriers who deliver verbal messages in person, two of the sources said.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   

i see what you did, from your link.

On Nov. 22, a woman from south Lebanon received a call on her cell phone from a person claiming to be a local official, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the incident. Speaking in flawless Arabic, the caller asked whether the family was home, the sources said. No, the woman replied, explaining they had travelled to eastern Lebanon.
Minutes later, a missile slammed into the woman's home in the village of Beit Yahoun, killing five Hezbollah fighters including Abbas Raad, the son of a senior Hezbollah lawmaker and a Radwan member, the sources said.
Hezbollah believes Israel had tracked the fighters to the location and placed the call to confirm whether there were civilians present before launching the strike, they told Reuters without disclosing further details.

Israel Backing up the new with tried and tested old school tactics. brilliant

edit on 17-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
I wonder if Democrats have their own separate form of communication? (As most evil networks do.) Blackberries? Are they hackable? Have lithium batteries?

It sure would be interesting to see who all had the same "number".

I got so many questions like does the company supposedly Apollo Gold in Taiwan have a security breach or were these stolen during shipping, if so how did Mossad know which pagers went to which Hezbollah soldiers.

Did every Apollo Gold pager get beeped? if not how did Mossad know which ones? Im thinking the way its being explained would be the text was only sent to certain pagers whose batteries heated up and exploded.

evidently, these were from an order 5 months ago.

Did ApolloGold tip off Mossad that the pagers were being purchased by soon-to-be Haznoballahs or was there a supplier

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

This brings up more questions…

…the American University of Beirut Medical Center replaced the pagers of their doctors and staff almost 2 weeks ago.

x.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

This brings up more questions…

…the American University of Beirut Medical Center replaced the pagers of their doctors and staff almost 2 weeks ago.

x.com...

So many questions

We still don't know who made the pagers

Reuters
@Reuters
·
15m
Gold Apollo says it did not make pagers used in Lebanon explosion reut.rs...

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   

somebody had a little heads up.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It isn’t verified but I came across this…

The Taiwanese-Based Pager Company, Gold Apollo has stated that the production the of 5,000 Pagers that were Imported to Lebanon and eventually provided to Hezbollah, mainly the AP924 Model Pager, were Subcontracted to a Company in Europe.

x.com...

ETA: I see you found a Reuters article. I suppose that’s as verifiable as we can expect.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

While searching for the company that holds the Gold Apollo logo rights in Europe, which looks like it may be scrubbed, I came across this…

It contains a lithium battery. (If this is the correct model)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman023
Microwave it's a Faraday Cage.
Sometimes i'd like to flush all my tech down the crapper.

originally posted by: nugget1
Makes me wnt to run out and fill my house with as many lithium-ion battery products as I can find!
Right now all I have is a tablet and a laptop (I know; poor side of town) that I should probably start putting in the bathtub when I go to bed at night.

But I'd have to clean the microwave every day! Oh, the horror!

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

While searching for the company that holds the Gold Apollo logo rights in Europe, which looks like it may be scrubbed, I came across this…

It contains a lithium battery. (If this is the correct model)

Granted it's just internet chatter but Ive heard they were knockoffs of Gold Apollo, FWIW 5000 units would probably fall within the minimum for a knockoff company to make a run. China does well enough knockoffs in other tech and other industries I have no doubt somebody with Gold Apollo specs could have a reasonable copy made. FWIW they could make them and the explosives could have been put in later, even though early reports make it sound as if it was implanted during production. It doesn't have to be China though have no doubt Mossad has fronts that could make a run of 5000 of them

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   

While I understand that the operation may be astounding to those uninitiated in the gruesome underworld of Hadda technology (which is the correct name for the technology that allows the manufacturing and supply chain of electronic components to be altered), the truth is that Hizbullah spends far too much time planning dark futures, and far too little time reviewing the past.

Had it done so, it would have known that Hamas, among others, tasted a bit of Hadda technology in the past:

Hadda technology

See, the Hadda program is dated 1992.

- DENIED tasked SV17q to explore the possibility to make a cell phone explode remotely without having to use explosives

- SV17q final proposal on Hadda Project to include DENIED fibers in the manufacturing process of cell phones which will act as a lethal explosive if exposed to overheat, the heat being released from the DENIED components once triggered by firmware

- SV17q final proposal to encode the triggering piece of code in the firmware of ARM drivers and to deploy the software worldwide

(from the post linked above)

When all the chips come from the same manufacturer, when everything you buy you think you are buying from different companies that, in reality, are only one and always one, controlling a population becomes child's play. Incidentally, this technology also serves the agri-food chain and the pharmaceutical chain. Everything you use can kill you from a distance. You have been warned.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Iran says the devices were Motorola. Guess we have to wait to see if there is a piece of logo left from any of them which I doubt.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Now I'm wondering if a software malware attack could turn electric vehicles into bombs.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:03 AM
link   

There is a country in Europe whose leaders have declared that protection of Israel is part of their reason to exist as a state.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Owlwatcher

Now I'm wondering if a software malware attack could turn electric vehicles into bombs.

Thermal runaway with lithium is more flammable than explosive.

These devices had explosives put in them.

That doesn’t mean cars are safe from attack, as the engine could be killed if they have onstar like features, or run off the road if they have self driving.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join