It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Hezbollah members injured in Lebanon when the pagers they used to communicate exploded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Caution:

Here's some gruesome video looks like from a hospital.

X source
Holy # that’s insane. I would think with that much carnage that they had to be loaded with explosives. I can’t see a pager battery having the capability to do that much damage.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is what the BBC are reporting:

BBC News - www.bbc.co.uk...
Pagers explosion: Thousands hurt across Lebanon, health minister says - BBC News

"Devices might have been loaded with small amount of explosive
published at 17:46 British Summer Time
17:46 BST

Frank Gardner
Security correspondent

The mass sabotage of such a large number of Lebanese pagers required both timely intelligence and technical capability.

Since the start of the Gaza conflict last year, Hezbollah had warned its members not to use mobile phones for fear they could be tampered with Israeli intelligence agents.

Back in 1996, Israel’s Shin Bet agency assassinated a Hamas bombmaker with an explosives in his phone.

Instead, Hezbollah were using pagers to communicate, with a new batch delivered recently.

Somebody - and Hezbollah are in no doubt that Israel was behind this - was able to secretly insert themselves into the supply chain for those pagers.

A former British Army munitions expert, who asked not to be named, told the BBC the devices would have likely been packed with between 10 to 20 grams each of military-grade high explosive, hidden inside a fake electronic component.

This, said the expert, would have been armed by a signal, something called an alphanumeric text message.

Once armed, the next person to use the device would have triggered the explosive. Less than 1% of the exploding"
edit on 17-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Pretty genius tactic but would have taken years of planning/infiltrating the pager supply and a major new attack vector revealed so will be interesting to see what major looming terror attack has been avoided by using it now.

This will massively cripple terror networks ability to communicate for years to come.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Caution:

X source
Holy # that’s insane. I would think with that much carnage that they had to be loaded with explosives. I can’t see a pager battery having the capability to do that much damage.

It's Israel: dailycaller.com...

THAT is the kind of hi-tech stuff I wanted to see used against the IRAN Mullahs who fund HAMAS terrorists.

I knew after a Trillion dollars of investments over the years in our INTEL and MILITARY, we'd have something by now that's a high-tech killer. Hopefully we have little birds that can explode after landing on the shoulders of evil leaders.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
One of those times when you just have to hand it to the Mossad.

This will probably force Hezbollah into something less useful, less secure now they have to abandon these pagers.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Caution:

X source

It's Israel: dailycaller.com...

THAT is the kind of hi-tech stuff I wanted to see used against the IRAN Mullahs who fund HAMAS terrorists.

I knew after a Trillion dollars of investments over the years in our INTEL and MILITARY, we'd have something by now that's a high-tech killer. Hopefully we have little birds that can explode after landing on the shoulders of evil leaders.

That’s been known for a while-

all birds in the United States were exterminated by the federal government between 1959 and 1971 and replaced by lookalike drones used by the government to spy on citizens; the specifics of these theories are not always consistent, not unlike actual conspiracy theories. They claim that birds sit on power lines to recharge themselves, that birds defecate on cars as a tracking method, and that U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated by the government due to his reluctance to kill all the birds.[4][8][9]

wiki

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

One of those times when you just have to hand it to the Mossad.

They’ve always been incredibly impressive for their size.

This goes right up to the top with Stuxtnet.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I remember that! 😄

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I though pagers were outdated, I mean the last time my husband used one for work was like over 10 years ago.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow talk about terrorism Now they got to replace Cell phones radios and other devices LOL

Brilliant! Scared to communicate now that's some James bond stuff right there .
edit on 17-9-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   
my only issue with this is, didn't anybody take their pager apart to look inside?

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: putnam6

Expect this is the precursor to the mother of all invasions about to be inflicted on Lebanon. Israel has been moving masses of equipment and manpower from the Gaza front to the northern front over the past few weeks. Undergroud hospitals too. Keep an eye on action over the next few days. The Yanks were told a few days ago by the former defence minister Gallant that an invasion of Lebanon to neutralise Hezbollah was looking increasingly likely.

Yes, I agree it is the opening salvo to a Lebanon ground offensive, the casualty numbers have Hezbollah pulling its hair out

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Why would anyone take it apart without suspicion?

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Wow talk about terrorism Now they got to replace Cell phones radios and other devices LOL

Brilliant! Scared to communicate now that's some James bond stuff right there .

The problem for those worthless terrorists is that they switched from cell phones to pagers because Mossad compromised them.
Now what?
Carrier pigeons?
When those start blowing up then what?
Smoke signals?

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: Guyfriday

Why would anyone take it apart without suspicion?

Curiosity. Some people like to know what's in the stuff they have.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nice! They just identified all the terrorists. Now, do the U.S.!

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I was going to reply....but somebody is beeping me....brb

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

DING DONG! Moussad Calling BANG !!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I was going to reply....but somebody is beeping me....brb

I want to know if it was sent to specific pagers or if it was like an email/text "blast" pardon the pun

Let's see if Ryder says anything in his presser

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Absolutely rich that he said Lebanon was going to lodge a complaint to the UN.

Your country is either hosting a large terrorist proxy group, or being held hostage by one. They kept swinging at a hornet nest right after it was attacked by a separate (but connected) entity. You put salt in the wound and forced Israel to conduct a multi front war.

But sure, file a complaint against Israel for tagging them back, in an amazingly precise way while minimizing civilian casualties.

Now Hezzbolah is going to let their pride get the best of them even though Israel just showed how dominant they are. And Lebanons government will cry foul on Israel.

I don’t like hyperbole or name calling, but I can’t help myself here, it’s too fitting and accurate.

Lebanons government are Cucks.
edit on 17-9-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join