It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Hezbollah members injured in Lebanon when the pagers they used to communicate exploded

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hundreds of Hezbollah members were injured in Lebanon when the pagers they used to communicate exploded

So was this just a digital hack on the pagers or was it sabotage where Mossad infiltrated a pager company

Alledged video of the explosion of an Hezbollah pager

x.com...

Winter Intel
@wntrintel
·
14m
The pagers of Hezbollah terrorists are exploding across Lebanon.
Winter Intel
@wntrintel
·
12m
No typos, and you read that right. Hezbollah members carry pagers instead of cellphones, as leadership believed them to be more secure.
Winter Intel
@wntrintel
·
9m
The fact that so many exploded suggests that they used a small number of suppliers to source them and the long arm of Israeli intelligence must have infiltrated those suppliers and sabotaged them. Welcome to the Middle East.
Faytuks News
@Faytuks
·
9m
BREAKING: Hundreds of Hezbollah members injured across Lebanon when the pagers they used to communicate exploded, according to Al Jazeera and Reuters

NSFW graphic pics of "pager" victims
edit on p000000309am096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Wow, that's devious. I love it.

Though it raises lots of questions as you said.

If it wasn't sabotage ( explosive devices implanted)

Can a signal be sent to devices to make their batteries explode?
If it can work on pagers, it could work on phones.

We know cars can be hacked (Michael Hastings)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've heard of pagers going off, but Wow.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Wow, that's devious. I love it.

Though it raises lots of questions as you said.

If it wasn't sabotage ( explosive devices implanted)

Can a signal be sent to devices to make their batteries explode?
If it can work on pagers, it could work on phones.

We know cars can be hacked (Michael Hastings)

Whatever it is... it is devious as hell, im thinking they are doing something to make the battery explode can't see them being able to put explosives in a pager.

but yes there are so many nefarious applications for using such technology...

Makes me wonder if it is selective or does it hits every person with a pager

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I think they could probably use Stingray like tech to target specific devices that have visited a certain place or received messages from a few known devices

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Nice.

Serves them right for still using 80s-90s technology.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Fun news to make my morning brighter.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Makes me wnt to run out and fill my house with as many lithium-ion battery products as I can find!
Right now all I have is a tablet and a laptop (I know; poor side of town) that I should probably start putting in the bathtub when I go to bed at night.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
x.com...

See new posts
Conversation
Michael A. Horowitz
@michaelh992
Such an attack would suggest Israel's intelligence has infiltrated the provider of those devices. This is a very high-value op that was just used: the question is for what purpose?

Is this a prelude to a broader operation, or was simply carried out for "shock" value (beyond the injuries)?

I mean if you do have the means to take-out some of the coms network of your enemy, you would most efficiently use it ahead of a broader attack - unless the goal is just to shift Hezbollah's calculus by making it even more fearful of what may come if a full-scale war breaks out.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I’m thinking explosives.

Israelis have put them in cell phones before-

wired

Pager batteries aren’t lithium, they’re typically nickel.

They don’t need as much juice since they’re so simple. Even if you figured out how to “hack” them and make them explode, I don’t think it would have the effects we see in the pictures. Not to say they couldn’t do that, they’ve created viruses to physically destroy centrifuges in Irans nuclear power sector. And Stuxtnet infected a huge amount of global devices but only activated in the specific Siemens Centrifuges Iran was operating.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Nice.

Thats the thing, Hezbollah supposedly thought they were more secure than newer smartphones

x.com...

Israel Radar
@IsraelRadar_com
·
1m
Beepers that exploded in Lebanon are from the latest model obtained by Hezbollah in recent months,
@N12News
reports (looks like someone interfered in the supply chain…). Several critical injuries reported says
@manniefabian
, as casualty toll keeps mounting.

edit on p000000309am096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Gotta hand it to Israel for original thinking technology. 😀💣

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I mean, they probably are if they aren’t tampered with.

Not sure how their networks are there, but a lot of flu phones are standard 2/3/4g these days. At that point, they might as well put GPS in them too, as they can still be under $100. There’s multiple data points you can get from them.

Pagers strictly receive text messages (it’s what SMS was built off of). The only data you can get is the text that was sent, the sender, and the tower ping. The latter is only going to give you a rough area even if there was a recent tower handoff and you have two to go off of.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I think it's to 'nudge' them into using new tech.

Infiltrate a trusted dealer who can them supply them 'anonymous' black phones... pre-loaded with Pegasus spyware... made by non other than the Israeli cyber-arms company NSO Group.

Too convoluted?

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Emergency services in this region still use fire pagers, because they work. Reliable single-purpose devices still have their place.

link   
Is this story a psyop to get Hezbollah to consider upgrading their comms so Israel can utilize the spyware inherent in more recent technology?

link   
laughed when I first heard about portable faraday bags, now that makes me wonder if I should pick one up and store my phone in it rather than just a pocket.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
laughed when I first heard about portable faraday bags, now that makes me wonder if I should pick one up and store my phone in it rather than just a pocket.

You’d still have to take it out of the bag to check missed calls, texts, voicemail.

Second it comes out of the bags the backlogged signals rush in.

The only benefit of the faraday bag would be if you needed to be off grid for an amount of time.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is totaly wild even for Mossad!
How on earth did they do it?

Ambulances still rolling into the hospitals now..
hands blown off,or "pocket"area injuries-reuters saying over 1000 injured.

Hezbollah are likley going to retaliate big time after this-if any of them have any fingers left for launching missiles that is.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

hands blown off,or "pocket"area injuries"

i guess two handed pocket pool is lost to them forever now.

edit on 17-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join