It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces he will eliminate ALL tax on overtime pay

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why don't you link your sources?
Do those "private school" stats include home school?

At any rate, those percentages aren't that impressive, considering the sheer number of children that pass through our public schools, compared to those that attended K-12 private schools.

Also, how many years did those private school students spend in public school, learning the basics, before they went to a private school?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What is the difference between progressive and liberal?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I then posted that the No. 1 HS sports program in each state is close to 50% private schools.

No it isn't. You posted a link that highlighted the top private schools in each state that have a quality football team. That's not even close to 50%. Thats 1 private school team per state, not 50%.

You want 10, and I could provide that

You couldn't even provide one.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The average private school doesn't have the resources that public schools have for sports, special needs, performing arts, etc.

Geez, this again? Want to go down the part of the performing arts comparing private to public as we did with sports? As to special needs, Bush F'ed that up with his no child left behind program. Nice thought, but no money was also provided to make it work. My teacher friends will have special needs in their main classroom with no helper and it is a mess, you like messes I guess. How about a private school for special needs kids, now that is a thought...

What's your point? All you've pasted are excused why paying for Trump's proposed tax cuts by eliminating the Department of Education is reasonable. It's not.

Wait...my bad, you are the expert, I stand corrected...

You're making assumptions and asserting that may or may not be true, without any sources. There are a lot of private schools and home schools out there that don't even have the most basic resources that public schools have, an are especially lacking in the community involvement that things like sports and performing arts bring.

Now this is an assumption. I post statistics and you say, but but but a lot of them suck. You do not know one way or the other. The overall statistics in ALL areas are they are better than the public.

And more importantly, it gives parents choices to where they want their kids to go.

You brought out the race card, not me. A classic Marxist move.

Marxist is where you have a government school system that teaches the party line to all, kind of what we have right now. Private schools do not do this and are flexible to the environment and programs. So, what the hell are you talking about?

Also, Marxist move if I invented it, but the left invented it and just pointed out just how stupid the left tends to be with examples.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm sure you love the fact that a family is stuck living and growing up in a depressed area just because their income forces them to live there.

Actually, you don’t know what I think.

#1 — people shouldn’t pump out kids if they can’t afford them.

Currently there is a growing trend of 1 child or no child at all.

I do support a literate society. All children need access to an education.

Just wanted to add my support to public education. It has its flaws — but it’s needed.

DONE — really not on topic.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

No it isn't. You posted a link that highlighted the top private schools in each state that have a quality football team. That's not even close to 50%. Thats 1 private school team per state, not 50%.

It was the best school in each state for sports, so what that means is each state listed one HS as their top HS for sports, so 50 HS total, understand now? Out of the 50 top HS close to 50% were private schools, and that is a crazy number with how many public schools there are in comparison. Nowhere did I imply that 50% of top sports schools in each state are private, which doesn't even make sense since the private schools make up about 10% of the schools.

The link wasn't just private schools, just schools in general, go back and look again.

You couldn't even provide one.

It wasn't your point in your original post.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Actually, you don’t know what I think.

Actually, I kind of do as you post it quite often.

#1 — people shouldn’t pump out kids if they can’t afford them.

Currently there is a growing trend of 1 child or no child at all.

OK, what does this have to do with what we are talking about? I hope you do know a 1 or 0 per female leads to population collapse, right? 2.3 keeps it at no growth.

I do support a literate society. All children need access to an education.
Just wanted to add my support to public education. It has its flaws — but it’s needed.

Let's add to your point, ALL children need access to a GOOD education and that is what I'm talking about.

Do you know that in New York and California in 2024 23% of the population there can't read or write while costing the most per child at 2x most other states? How does that happen? How do we fix it? How do we provide better education at a lower cost? How do we get these kids out of a never-ending cycle of dysfunctionality?

edit on x30Sun, 15 Sep 2024 11:16:21 -05002024258America/ChicagoSun, 15 Sep 2024 11:16:21 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort69

I remember a US Economics expert, 10 years ago or so, posited that to solve a lot of issues, was to instigate an across the board 13% or something Tax on Everyone.....Individuals, Companies, Corporations, etc a FLAT 13%....for Everyone.
At the same time, introduce a Flat 10-13% Consumption tax on Everything, for Everyone. Whether you buy a Bugati or a bubblegum, you pay the tax.
The Caveat was that ALL, as in ALL deductions, claims, perks, lerks and jerks would Stop....Everybody paid the same rate of tax.

Of course, the Lawyers and Accountants hated it.

Sound idea though.

Then you would only need 3 people in the IRS...lol

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Geez, this again?

Yeah! That's my point.

Private schools can't compare to the sheer amount of resources available, to all kinds of kids, including sports, swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, tennis, basketball, track and field, band, performing arts, debate competitions, community involvement and outreach and special needs. Not to mention the massive numbers of f children being educated, fed and nurtured through the Department of Education.

I'm not against private schools getting federal funds, through grants and loans, like Punahou School, I'm against vouchers, that take away funds from a public school and gives it to a private school, regardless of that school's discriminating policies.

I'm against eliminating the Department of Education to pay for Trump tax cuts.

Marxist is where you have a government school system that teaches the party line to all, kind of what we have right now. Private schools do not do this and are flexible to the environment and programs. So, what the hell are you talking about?

Pffft.

I'd love to tear this statement apart, clause by clause. But this is a discussion for anther thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Less taxes equal stronger American people.

We the People are only kept poor, tired and hungry so we don't have strength to conduct an actual legit insurrection.

Which by the way, when done by the people is not illegal, it's Constitutional. We the people are given the sole authority to reinstitute government when it becomes too much.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Declaration of Independence

It is not the Declaration of dependence...it's the Declaration of Independence!

We the People do not consent, to over bearing micro managing government overreach.

I do not consent to corrupt career PARASITE politicans.

I do not consent to any thing repugnant to the Constitution!

edit on 15-9-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's why we pay property taxes, yes?

I don't think they understand the reduced cost either. It only started in 1980, so it isn't like it's been around 200 years, and with over a trillion spent there has been no impact to improvements from pre-1980. BTW I graduated in 78 and I was a hell of a lot better prepared than kids today.

The cost of the Department of Education is phenomenal.
Since its creation, the Department of Education in the United States has spent over $1.4 trillion. This funding, which primarily comes from taxpayer dollars, has had zero impact on test scores. It has come to the point in the United States where teachers must teach to the test in their classrooms to ensure that they can keep their job and their kids can go to a school that is close to their home.

Over the past 40 years, results have stayed flat or declined in most categories, which shows just how wasteful this system happens to be. All the country does is spend more without seeing a return on that investment, which is why there are growing calls to get rid of it.

A few more...

Student scores in the United States are not improving under the Department of Education.

Its presence may not be Constitutional.

It uses its role in the federal government to do its bidding.

The cost of the Department of Education is phenomenal.

Student loans could be privatized to make them more efficient.

It would eliminate all centralization from the U.S. educational system.

It eliminates the bureaucracy that creeps into the educational system.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

How many state championships did those high schools win?

I'm not doing your homework for you either.

that wasn't what was said. Move the goal posts if you feel it makes you look less foolish. (pro tip, it doesn't)
I quoted you, and answered. Lay off the sauce when posting maybe.

This was what I said/asked:

Which ones? I bet you can't even name 10 private schools that have won a high school football, basketball or baseball state championships, let alone even have teams.

I only meant to ask for 1 team that has won a high school football, basketball or baseball state championships, not 10. I realize that 10 is to high of a bar.

no, you are lying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Find those words in the post. I even included your post in case you tried to lie as you just did. Pathetic.
edit on 15-9-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Private schools can't compare to the sheer amount of resources available, to all kinds of kids, including sports, swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, tennis, basketball, track and field, band, performing arts, debate competitions, community involvement and outreach and special needs. Not to mention the massive numbers of f children being educated, fed, and nurtured through the Department of Education.

I have already shown they do, AND many public schools have dropped many sports and extracurricular activities due to budget cuts over the years. Not a winning argument for you no matter how many times you repeat it.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What is the difference between progressive and liberal?

These days, not much.... Progressive is an extreme side of liberal. I have many liberal friends who are not progressive.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

no, you are lying.

You're cunningly disingenius. Quoting your own deflective post doesn't prove I'm lying, especially when I reposted the question I asked, show me private school state competitions winners, for football, baseball and /or basketball.

You gave me a list of quality private schools, boasting their sports programs from each state. That hardly satisfies the deficit of proof that public schools have more sports teams that win state competitions than private schools. Just one example of the lack resources for private schools compared to public schools have access to.

All public schools have access to Department of Education resources. There is no such umbrella of equal access for all private schools.

edit on 3920242024k31America/Chicago2024-09-15T12:31:39-05:0012pm2024-09-15T12:31:39-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I have already shown they do

In your dreams. You haven't made your argument. You're posting your opinions as facts, pretending you've made your point factually, but you haven't.

Private schools are for when parents want or need, and can afford, to give their children the education and attention that is above and beyond the basic standards of public-school education.

edit on 4820242024k06America/Chicago2024-09-15T12:06:48-05:0012pm2024-09-15T12:06:48-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

AND school vouchers

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I was schooled in the UK and I have a better understanding of US history than most Americans.

So I can't rally comment on schooling in the US in the 70's.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   

no, you are lying.

You're cunningly disingenius. Quoting your own deflective post doesn't prove I'm lying, especially when I reposted the question I asked, show me private school state competitions winners, for football, baseball and /or basketball.

You gave me a list of quality private schools, boasting their sports programs from each state. That hardly satisfies the deficit of proof that public schools have more sports teams that win state competitions than private schools. Just one example of the lack resources for private schools compared to public schools have access to.

All public schools have access to Department of Education resources. There is no such umbrella of equal access for all private schools.

I would have just let this go had you showed even a tiny bit of integrity, you did not.

Here is what you typed, and I replied to:

Yeah, thanks for the link, haha. There isn't 1 single private school on that list, not one!

Again, I don't want my property tax tripled or quadrupled to pay for a federal tax deficit, or public school falling into disrepair.

You clearly stated there was not one private school on that list. Now perhaps you just misspoke, but if you did, you would have said that, you did not. You doubled down pretending that you said something else, you did not.

I then found 24 schools on that list that were in fact private and listed them. At that point, your only option was to admit you were wrong. You chose to lie, again. There is no punishment for lying, and you can continue to do it, but from this point forward, anything you say is likely bullsh!t unless you verify it with solid links. Your credibility is zero. Your integrity is zero. You trashed yourself in front of the entire site.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Your credibility is zero. Your integrity is zero. You trashed yourself in front of the entire site.

It's not the first time and I guarantee it won't be the last time.

Lifelong shills for the con artist Dems always expose themselves and they don't care who sees it.
edit on 16-9-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join