It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces he will eliminate ALL tax on overtime pay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

When you pass 40 hours a week, your overtime hours will be tax free

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Social Security

No Tax on Overtime

Let’s do no Tax on Income next

Twitter - video in links

Trump going to go full Libertarian Tax Is Theft?

I’m liking the trend and hope it continues.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

No, no,no,no !!!

This is BAD, very BAD, because....because it makes Kamala LOOK BAD !
And it's HER TURN to be President !!!
HER TURN !!!!

TRUMP TOOK HILLARY'S TURN IN 2016 !!!
And he's doing it again !!

I wanna woman President !!
I don't care about taxes or overtime or facts or competence or track record
I wanna woman President.
I wannna
I wanna !!!

/sarc off
Your typical female democrat voter....

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   
From inside a Trump rally....Electrifying: gettr.com...

Maybe Kamala will start paying more people to attend her big announcements, since she's not moving the needle much.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I saw this earlier and don’t have any issue with the concept but I’m not sure he could get it passed.
Especially since it helps the working class.

This probably wouldn’t be a complete no tax on overtime since state and local would still apply. Also I wonder how it would affect social security because you and your employer split that tax. Employers would like not paying social security on overtime too. overtime pay would be less expensive.

This is definitely a great promise to make for working adults but again I wonder about getting it passed.
Remember the wall? He tried but it kept getting shut down. Damn politics
edit on 12-9-2024 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The MSM didn't mention when Donald Trump promised to make tips tax free.

The MSM told the world when Kamala Harris promised to make tips tax free.

The MSM = The #1 Enemy of Americans. Worse than HAMAS, ISIS, PUTIN and illegal immigrants..COMBINED!

Military Tribunals await the (treasonous) Top Executives at ABC/CBS/NBC/NYTimes/WaPost.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Bye bye Kamala.

It's going to be epic watching you lose.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I was already voting for the man and now we are in the bonus round.

Waiting for Kamala to announce the same thing, because she doesn’t have an original thought of her own.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

This is definitely a great promise to make for working adults but again I wonder about getting it passed.
Remember the wall? He tried but it kept getting shut down. Damn politics

Those who want Trump need to work their butts off to ensure the House and Senate are MAGA Republican as well.

If the Senate isn't, you'll get old-school Republicans confirmed for Trump's cabinet. Not MAGA.

If the House isn't, you'll get old-school Republicans who whine about the National Debt, which will prevent large scale Trump Admin designed MAGA-AF programs from being approved.

MAGA-AF for the White House/House/Senate is what will make Americans happiest, the fastest!

*MAGA-AF = Making America Great Again by putting Americans First!

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Hopefully, shortly after taking office, Trump will announce a general call to civil service, requesting light and heavy militia to supplement the operations needed to empty cartels and criminal Chinese from our public lands, reservations and national parks.

This is a major MAJOR problem that's not being given it's due attention and respect. We may see localized or sectored off areas of our country that we're going to have to TAKE back by force!

It'll be something folks can really get behind.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Democrat Campaigns get hit . . . . . 🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If Donald Trump makes it so my over time pay isn't taxed; will he have to raise the taxes on my regular pay to make up for the short fall?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

When you pass 40 hours a week, your overtime hours will be tax free

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

Twitter - video in links

Trump going to go full Libertarian Tax Is Theft?

I’m liking the trend and hope it continues.

The POTUS doesn't have the authority to eliminate taxes. That requires an act of Congress. Promising to eliminate taxes on Social Security, tips, and overtime is equivalent to promising to make Mexico pay for his big, beautiful wall. And Trump knows all this, even if you don't.

The POTUS DOES have the authority to unilaterally impose tariffs on imports, which have many of the same effects as increased taxes. For one thing, they are paid by consumers of the country that does the importing, NOT the country that does the exporting. This is something that Trump consistently lies about all the time, because if he told the truth it would be obvious that his proposals to increase tariffs are equivalent to raising taxes. He lied about this the other night during the debate, for example.

Tariffs create a disproportionate burden on the lower economic classes because it is those people (that's you and me, in case I have to spell it out) who have to spend a larger fraction our incomes on imported goods. So increasing tariffs is a sneaky way of redistributing wealth from the lower half of the income distribution to the upper half.

Tariffs do nothing to increase the productivity of the nation UNLESS they are offset by coordinated actions to increase the production of competing goods in the US. For example, the Biden Administration recently placed selective tariffs on Chinese EV batteries while simultaneously starting up factories in places like South Carolina to provide US consumers with a US alternative to supply those batteries. In general, across the board tariffs have the effect of subtracting a large chunk of economic activity from the country that imposes them. And that's before the countries that are targeted by the tariffs put in place their own retaliatory measures. Which they will. The net and predictable result as modeled by many non-partisan financial analysts is to simultaneously create the conditions for stagnation (a net reduction in the nation's economic activity) coupled with an increased and unmeetable demand for goods (inflation). That's stagflation, and you have to work really hard in the direction of stupidity to achieve both simultaneously.

The reason I mention this is because in recent months Trump has said repeatedly that it is his exact intention to work hard in this particular direction of stupidity if he gets re-elected.

So he promises to take actions that he has no capability or intention of actually taking (and he knows that, of course), but you like that because all you hear is the "no taxes" part of it. Simultaneously he promises to undertake actions that he not only can take, but DID actually take when he was POTUS the first time. And those actions, if he did take them would place the country (and the world, actually) into almost instant stagflation. So we would end up with all the previous taxes in place because he has no authority to remove them AND we would have an additional layer of tariffs in place on top of that.

And you like that trend.

I will probably never understand the MAGA mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

As an employer who hires hourly workers, I see this as a win, they'll want to work more, I'll be able to bill more, and the government takes less.

YAY!

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:05 PM
link   
No tax on overtime is great. Stop giving everything to immigrants and lazy people and take care of the workers.

Love it

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

How will he pay for this? Where will the money come from?

edit on 3020242024k10America/Chicago2024-09-12T21:10:30-05:0009pm2024-09-12T21:10:30-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

Has any politician ever worried about that?
They love making promises but when it comes down to brass tacks it never happens.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

Maybe the government spends less. Eliminate the Department of Education, return it to the states.

Just spit balling here . . . .
edit on 12-9-2024 by DBCowboy because: boomer

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
If Donald Trump makes it so my over time pay isn't taxed; will he have to raise the taxes on my regular pay to make up for the short fall?

Tariffs

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

Hopefully by cutting the federal government down HUGEly…

Trump fans will hear that last statement in their heads. Lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join