It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces he will eliminate ALL tax on overtime pay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
a reply to: pianopraze

Waiting for Kamala to announce the same thing, because she doesn’t have an original thought of her own.

Except with Kamala it's just words and she don't mean a single bit of it. Trump means it and he will follow through.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Hey Boomey...you're nearly 80yo mate...you should just be happy you can get up every morning. You should'nt be worried what the looney left does, you should be conservative as ever and pray to your spirit in the sky. You lived through the great years mate, 50s, 60, 70s, even 80s.....other than a bit of duck and cover and some Asia fest, you had the good times. So Live it up Man! ..in US parlance.....while you can. Jump in your Classic US Muscle machine, toon up your Beeza or Trump
, or 70s Superbike, give em a rev and blow the cobwebs.

I remember a US Economics expert, 10 years ago or so, posited that to solve a lot of issues, was to instigate an across the board 13% or something Tax on Everyone.....Individuals, Companies, Corporations, etc a FLAT 13%....for Everyone.
At the same time, introduce a Flat 10-13% Consumption tax on Everything, for Everyone. Whether you buy a Bugati or a bubblegum, you pay the tax.
The Caveat was that ALL, as in ALL deductions, claims, perks, lerks and jerks would Stop....Everybody paid the same rate of tax.

Of course, the Lawyers and Accountants hated it.

Sound idea though.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Eliminate the Department of Education, return it to the states.

I approve this message! The average IQ continues to drop despite all the money being thrown at public education.

Idaho has one of the most 'underfunded' eductional systems in the country, yet the IQ average of students is 98%...on par with national average.

A study published in 2023 analyzed data from 2006 to 2018 and found a two-point dip in the national average IQ, the first recorded decline since 1905.

Clearly, throwing billions at public education each year is not effective. Or, maybe it's just a lack of teachers who are fluent in kimbucahueta.....

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What about not taking our tax dollars and sending them to Ukraine?
I mean, you know, in the 100s of billions
🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DBCowboy

You think less money for education will make Kentucky kids smarter?

How about this… start paying teachers hourly and not tax them on overtime? Bet that would lead to some smarter kids everywhere in the US.

Maybe actually encourage the teachers to teach.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:56 AM
link   

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Social Security

No Tax on Overtime

Let’s do no Tax on Income next

How will he pay for this? Where will the money come from?

All the same places the $25k for first time home buyers would, and the $6k kid tax credit.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tolkien

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

From the tax money not WASTED on government handouts and services for Biden's open border migrants/bought and paid for imported Democrat voters

It would help if immigrants didn't have to wait 6 months to get a work permit. It would be great if they could work as soon as they're documented. Then they wouldn't need "handouts". Too bad Trump tanked that immigration bill, that would have fixed that.

What year was that bill introduced?

eta:
Sookie, why are you not asking these same questions with regard to how Harris is planning to pay for all her handouts? Trump is talking about stopping income tax on overtime, which is much different than pulling money from government funds to give away. maybe Trump can implement a tax on unrealized income.
edit on 13-9-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

Maybe the government spends less. Eliminate the Department of Education, return it to the states.

Just spit balling here . . . .

That will be Elon Musks job - I am fairly confident he will be able to cut Govt spending by 50% without having any impact at all.

All Govts are the same these days - bloated and inefficient.
Here in the UK we constantly moan about funding our National Health Service - in the last 20 years our population has grown by 15%, yet the number of employees in the NHS has nearly doubled. I daresay most of the new hires are pen pushers.
edit on 13/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
He did this to see if Harris will play copycat. Also a bit of a tactic to play the long game, it’s just a game at this point.

I Do hate overtime taxes though, pisses me off to no end when I get my paycheck and see 38% goes to to porch dwellers. Three steps forward, one giant step back.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

When you pass 40 hours a week, your overtime hours will be tax free

No Tax on Tips

No Tax on Overtime

Twitter - video in links

Trump going to go full Libertarian Tax Is Theft?

I’m liking the trend and hope it continues.

His promises make the little people better off, but some people will still swear it is just for the rich. Well, the damn pay stub folks have been getting tells the tale when they take that to the grocery or to renew their rent.

The little folks like us need to quit being their cash cows. We are affectively slaves to these damn taxes now. I will lose my house if I don't pay property taxes.

Folks like me on a small pension or SS payments can't handle too much inflation. It gets to the point us old people have to decide on heat in the winter or paying such income taxes, or our rent and other bills. We have to move to some cheap place or freeze.

edit on 13000000563020249America/Chicago09am9 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Do they? I don't think that's true. I guess it helps that they don't have to deal with "special needs" kids, of all kinds. They can't really participate in competiive sports, like football, baseball and basketball.

Student to Teacher ratios are 20 to 22 in public schools and 12 in private. Salaries are 10 to 20k more, and private schools can pick the best and fire the not so good, unlike public schools. Private school sports are top-notch, and they win state championships all the time. They can recruit; if you want your kid to play on a top team, it is often a private school.

To eliminate DoE is to kill a million high-paying worthless jobs that all that money could go to actual schools, teachers, and kids.

That'll be bad for local economies! High paying? LoL
That's a lot of people out of work.

The people in the massive bureaucracy side of public schools are high 6 figures as teachers make 40 to 60k. A friend of mine was a caliculus teacher in HS, and he would talk about these groups of bureaucracy with titles that no one knew what they actually did. Cronyism and Nepotism run rampant too as jobs are created and filled this way. It is easily 10 to 1 ratio of what is needed and what we have, I'm sure it is even higher, so I'm being kind.

Private businesses can't run with 10 people doing the work that one can, but that is how the Government continually grows and never shrinks because there is no bottom line in cost to profit involved. This is also why when the Groupement gets involved the costs are astronomical and the work sucks as people do not need to perform as a person in the private sector needs to.

I'm sure you will want to argue all this, but it is reality.

So you just want your property tax to just feed the machine without making it better? You like it that very high-paid people have little in the terms of deliverables to anyone. I'm in these meetings at times and so many people justify their job because they have 10 meetings a day and they do nothing else. If they left no one would notice...lol
edit on x30Fri, 13 Sep 2024 08:42:52 -05002024256America/ChicagoFri, 13 Sep 2024 08:42:52 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Student to Teacher ratios are 20 to 22 in public schools and 12 in private.

Salaries are 10 to 20k more

Statistics? Citation please.

Private school sports are top-notch, and they win state championships all the time.

Which ones? I bet you can't even name 10 private schools that have won a high school football, basketball or baseball state championships, let alone even have teams.

So you just want your property tax to just feed the machine without making it better?

I don't want my property tax tripled or quadrupled to pay for a federal tax deficit, or public school falling into disrepair.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Cut a bunch of the 'free stuff' programs the Democrats have to get themselves votes. Or cut a bunch of the PORK that both the Republicans and the Democrats push through congress every year. That would do it just fine.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
invigorate the workforce....even if the result is merely 'optics',

which this appears to be as beneficial as 'swapping the deck chairs around -> on the Titanic as the Band Played On...'

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Statistics? Citation please.

easy to look up...

Which ones? I bet you can't even name 10 private schools that have won a high school football, basketball or baseball state championships, let alone even have teams.

Top HS in every state for sports 23 states rank a private school as the best. That is crazy when you look at how many private to public schools there are, now if you want to talk about 2nd or 3rd best in each state there are a large number of private schools there too. In Washington State, my kids played football and all of the private schools were consistently in the top 2 per school size.

Best HS per state for sports

I don't want my property tax tripled or quadrupled to pay for a federal tax deficit, or public school falling into disrepair.

You already do... That is the point

Why do you argue things that are common knowledge and/or easy to look up.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
All this stuff is doable and pay off the national debt once all the criminals are dealt with and their assets collected and all the money they’ve stolen from people is returned

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

easy to look up...

Yeah, thanks for the link, haha. There isn't 1 single private school on that list, not one!

Again, I don't want my property tax tripled or quadrupled to pay for a federal tax deficit, or public school falling into disrepair.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
One of my first jobs after high school was as an orderly at the local hospital. Extra shifts were frequently available.

The rule was: If you work 1 extra shift, work two.

Always an even number because there was little difference between your paycheck with 3 vs 2 ( odd vs even) extra shifts worked because of taxes.
edit on R032024-09-13T11:03:09-05:00k039Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yeah, thanks for the link, haha. There isn't 1 single private school on that list, not one!

There is 23 or 24...look again where it says public or private. Are you just gaslighting me...lol

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

easy to look up...

Again, I don't want my property tax tripled or quadrupled to pay for a federal tax deficit, or public school falling into disrepair.

LOL, if this isn't blatant gaslighting, it's stupidity on a gargantuan level. Please tell me you are just joking and not this slow.

Here are the one's listed as private on that list:

California: De La Salle High School
Private
Florida: The Bolles School
Private
Hawaii: Punahou School
Private
Illinois: Mount Carmel High School
Private
Kentucky: St. Xavier High School
Private
Louisiana: Jesuit High School