It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces he will eliminate ALL tax on overtime pay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yeah, thanks for the link, haha. There isn't 1 single private school on that list, not one!

There is 23 or 24...look again where it says public or private. Are you just gaslighting me...lol

HAHA

I just wanted you to do your own homework, not pass it off to me to do for you.

Then, you got pissed off when I did it for you and you think I got the answers wrong! HAHAHAHAHA

Thats what you get. Next time, do your own homework and you won't have to come back and fix it when someone sets you up!

Now, tell me, how many state championships did Concord win? You didn't say, and that was the question.

edit on 2120242024k12America/Chicago2024-09-13T15:12:21-05:0003pm2024-09-13T15:12:21-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How many state championships did those high schools win?

I'm not doing your homework for you either.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You were the one suggesting private schools have crappy sports.... Here is a quicky...

Private Schools

Despite new rules designed to restrain them, private and city schools won more state championships this academic year than last, meaning the GHSA could be back to the drawing board when it reclassifies its 458 member schools this fall.

In a sports season that ended last week, the GHSA’s 46 private schools won 61 of the 187 titles; the 20 city schools won 17. In the previous year, private schools won 58, and city schools won 16.

The former Class A Private schools that were allowed to compete for state titles against public schools for the first time in a decade were especially successful under the new format, winning 37 championships compared with 17 when confined to their own classification in 2021-22.

Hebron Christian players celebrate their 68-36 victory over Lumpkin County in the Class 3A girls basketball championship game at the Macon Coliseum on March 10, 2023. Hebron Christian's girls basketball team was among 37 former Class A Private teams that won state championships this past academic year.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So many Private schools in TN they have two whole divisions of teams that play and are not playing the Public schools as they have proven to be so superior the Public schools forced them into those two divisions. The Private schools play better football, basketball and baseball, but only in Football is the difference very noticeable. I guess all those liberal Music folks want their kids raised to be smart and the Public schools are producing dummies.
Vanderbilt and other places like MIT prefer smart people so much that a public education rarely results in schollies for those children.

edit on 13000000303020249America/Chicago09pm9 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Punahou.
Punahou won the Hawaii State football championship in 2008 and again in 2013.

www.punahou.edu...

edit on 0520242024k36America/Chicago2024-09-13T19:36:05-05:0007pm2024-09-13T19:36:05-05:00 by Sookiechacha because:

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Punahou.
Punahou won the Hawaii State football championship in 2008 and again in 2013.

www.punahou.edu...

They do well because they cheat, they recruit. They are also the size of 2A HS that have the power of a 4A. But anyhow...

The public school systems are bloated monsters that just bleed money through a system that looks like an upside-down pyramid with teachers at the bottom, and not the other way around that would be correct.

So, the question is, do we let failing schools fail and allow private schools to take over in those cases, AND do we allow parents to pick and choose where they want their kids to go with a school voucher? Do we tell the public school systems to cut 5 to 10% of the bureaucracy each year and not grow anymore?

Last week I was at a hotel and in the morning, I was sitting there talking to the lady that cleans up and she told me her nephew was killed and if she had some way to get him out of that environment in the past, he would be a different person and alive today. I told her that many of the problems in these extremely troubled areas are we cannot get the kids out of the bad cycles that live there and even something as going to a different school in a different area would create such a new perspective that many kids that live in this cycle of dysfunctionality will see another path, and she agreed 100%.

edit on x30Sat, 14 Sep 2024 08:13:18 -05002024257America/ChicagoSat, 14 Sep 2024 08:13:18 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

They do well because they cheat, they recruit.

They do well because they can offer federal grants to low-income families, through the Department of Education, who wouldn't be able to send their kids to a K-12 school that costs $30K a year, otherwise.

So, the question is, do we let failing schools fail and allow private schools to take over in those cases, AND do we allow parents to pick and choose where they want their kids to go with a school voucher?

No, the question is, do we fix the system we have in place, or do we tear it down and farm out the responsibility of educating our kids to the highest private bidders, like we do with prisons?

If we tear it down, the next question will be for the Supreme Court. Do American children have a constitutional right to an education, and if so, what is the standard of that education and who is responsible for its execution and protection?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I support public education

EVERY CJILD deserves that right.

There are children who WANT to learn.

In SW AZ the starting salary for a teacher was $35,000 per year. That is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   

They do well because they can offer federal grants to low-income families, through the Department of Education, who wouldn't be able to send their kids to a K-12 school that costs $30K a year, otherwise.

We are talking sports here, and more like 15 to 18k but who is counting? My point is still true, no clue to what you are getting at here.

No, the question is, do we fix the system we have in place, or do we tear it down and farm out the responsibility of educating our kids to the highest private bidders, like we do with prisons?

It's called choice...

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In SW AZ the starting salary for a teacher was $35,000 per year. That is ridiculous.

Do you support choice, or do we push kids into failing schools in failing areas? We already pay a ton for crap education, but hey it is public, so I guess that means it is good.... Liberals have such F'ed up view points.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   

We are talking sports here, and more like 15 to 18k but who is counting?

Tuition at Punahou is $30,480. www.privateschoolreview.com...
And, we're talking about a lot more than just sports. Most private schools just don't have the resources that public school do.

My point is still true, no clue to what you are getting at here.

What point is that?

It's called choice...

It's called right wing Marxism. www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   

that wasn't what was said. Move the goal posts if you feel it makes you look less foolish. (pro tip, it doesn't)
I quoted you, and answered. Lay off the sauce when posting maybe.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Tuition at Punahou is $30,480. www.privateschoolreview.com...
And, we're talking about a lot more than just sports. Most private schools just don't have the resources that public school do.

The average is 15 to 18, so what is your point? By the way, what resources are you talking about? You are now just throwing spitballs against the wall and seeing what might stick. Our public schools lack resources unless it is in a higher-income neighborhood. I'll take a 12 to 1 ratio, updated computers, advanced lessons etc over what does many public schools bring that a private school doesn't have?

What point is that?

Go back and read and not just derail in some strange direction.

It's called right wing Marxism. www.nationalreview.com...

So not choice is Marxism just like Math is racist... OK you all are long gone.
edit on x30Sun, 15 Sep 2024 09:03:16 -05002024258America/ChicagoSun, 15 Sep 2024 09:03:16 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Do you support choice, or do we push kids into failing schools in failing areas? We already pay a ton for crap education, but hey it is public, so I guess that means it is good.... Liberals have such F'ed up view points.

Every man for himself. Right?

Forget the village.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that wasn't what was said. Move the goal posts if you feel it makes you look less foolish. (pro tip, it doesn't)
I quoted you, and answered. Lay off the sauce when posting maybe.

This was what I said/asked:

Which ones? I bet you can't even name 10 private schools that have won a high school football, basketball or baseball state championships, let alone even have teams.

I only meant to ask for 1 team that has won a high school football, basketball or baseball state championships, not 10. I realize that 10 is to high of a bar.

edit on 0220242024k20America/Chicago2024-09-15T10:20:02-05:0010am2024-09-15T10:20:02-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

How does this tie in with Trump's idea of tax exempt overtime pay??

Oh I see. These underpaid (and probably over educated beyond their capacity) teachers can get tax free overtime pay!!

If teachers are qualified for higher pay, why are they working cheap and not moving to areas in higher demand? 😃

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Forget the village.

What's the reasons for high paid teachers in big cities that constantly graduate students that fail at all basic scholastic tests????? 😬
edit on Sep-15-2024 by xuenchen because: 🤡

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Forget the village.

I get it, there is no village without a bloated Government system overseeing it, right? I know it is all about Teacher's Union which is mainly progressive in their views and actions, and you all don't want to change that pattern even if it means failing school systems.

This doesn't really account for bad failing schools either. I'm sure you love the fact that a family is stuck living and growing up in a depressed area just because their income forces them to live there. I spent 7-9th grade in such a school where it was mostly gangs, you couldn't go to the bathrooms, you might get attacked walking to the busses, no learning environment, no band, woodshop, etc etc. It set me back so far that it took 1/2 a lifetime to overcome it all.

But hey it was a village...lol

edit on x30Sun, 15 Sep 2024 10:31:53 -05002024258America/ChicagoSun, 15 Sep 2024 10:31:53 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The average is 15 to 18, so what is your point?

The average private school doesn't have the resources that public schools have for sports, special needs, performing arts, etc.

What's your point? All you've pasted are excused why paying for Trump's proposed tax cuts by eliminating the Department of Education is reasonable. It's not.

I'll take a 12 to 1 ratio, updated computers, advanced lessons etc

You're making assumptions and asserting that may or may not be true, without any sources. There are a lot of private schools and home schools out there that don't even have the most basic resources that public schools have, an are especially lacking in the community involvement that things like sports and performing arts bring.

So not choice is Marxism just like Math is racist...

You brought out the race card, not me. A classic Marxist move.

edit on 1320242024k39America/Chicago2024-09-15T10:39:13-05:0010am2024-09-15T10:39:13-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I only meant to ask for 1 team that has won a high school football, basketball or baseball state championships, not 10. I realize that 10 is to high of a bar.

Geez, here is your original statement.

They can't really participate in competiive sports, like football, baseball and basketball.

I then posted that the No. 1 HS sports program in each state is close to 50% private schools. Then you went off on some weird rant about naming state champs, and wanting more links, or something. You want 10, and I could provide that, but why as it had no meaning to your original point, and why do I care what you want? Maybe snap your fingers next time, it might help.

The whole point was you were wrong, and private schools have some of the best sports programs going.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join