It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

How do REALLY feel about Kamala not getting any votes in the Primaries and hand selected by delegates?

It’s a pitiful nitpicking nothing burger.

The Democratic Process is a nothing burger ?

Jeez Annee .

Are you an enemy of Democracy ?

Seriously!!

You think there should be a separate special election to vote on Kamala to run for president.

That is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

It’s just nit-picky to have something to complain about.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Again, maybe you need to watch not me. Fetal abnormalities, non viable. I know he has a slight accent. You will also notice he mentions multiple doctors have to come to the conclusion in the case of a medical abortion, and again, if the child is delivered, the doctor and family decide whether they just want palliative care.

This alternate universe of people murdering babies after they are born, people running around stealing your dog and killing it for dinner, is wild. I do understand why mentally you have to double down,but yeesh.
edit on 11-9-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

There you go again, pretending women, and their doctors, want to kill their healthy, viable, full-term fetuses, moments before birth, because, what? "Bitches be crazy"?

Like the projected fear that immigrants are eating your pets, It's just not a real issue. No doctor would perform such an abortion, no hospital would permit it, and both of their insurance companies would never approve or cover it.

edit on 1120242024k25America/Chicago2024-09-11T17:25:11-05:0005pm2024-09-11T17:25:11-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

How do REALLY feel about Kamala not getting any votes in the Primaries and hand selected by delegates?

Jeez Annee .

Seriously!!

You think there should be a separate special election to vote on Kamala to run for president.

Whats to stop them from doing it every time ?

" Oh our candidate isn't working out , We wanna do over ..... "

I guarantee you if Harris had bombed last night they would do it again , No primary no nothing .

They'd just Throw Waltz in there since he's got access to the Money , then pick another VP and do it again if necessary .

And so on and so on they could do it until kingdom come . They've completely bypassed the whole Democratic process.

edit on 11-9-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Nothing is stopping a candidate, or even the nominee, from dropping out of the campaign, for whatever reason. What would happen should Trump have an incapacitating stroke today? Who would replace him?
edit on 2920242024k18America/Chicago2024-09-11T18:18:29-05:0006pm2024-09-11T18:18:29-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Nothing is stopping a candidate, or even the nominee, from dropping out of the campaign, for whatever reason.

Secretaries of states......
edit on 11-9-2024 by wAnchorofCarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nothing is stopping a candidate, or even the nominee, from dropping out of the campaign, for whatever reason. What would happen should Trump has an incapacitating stroke today? Who would replace him?

Who indeed ? I assume you think Vance would .....

Where does it say the VP is the de-facto pick to be the Primary candidate should the Primary leave ?

It doesn't ..... The VP is the VP it's a whole other Job and position . Hints why the VP has a separate debate .

Nothing including ' The Lefts panic is an excuse to bypass the democratic process.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What stood out to me was the parts where Kamala Harris starts cheerleading for the big oil companies and the weapons manufacturers and arms dealers.

I noticed Biden did the same thing a few months ago at his farewell debate.

I am eternally confused as to why all the hippies that hate oil war and big evil corporations vote for Democrats.

I swear they would buy snake oil if they were told to

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know I'm woefully late for the show. I'll just slide this in here.

Regarding the OP title, I have to declare that I don't think a 'winner' is possible until the engagement becomes an actual 'debate'. What we saw last night was not even close. I wish for a time where one asks a question. the other is allowed time to respond, and the questioner allowed a short followup. Then it is reversed, and so on. That is the classic format of formal debate all the way back to ancient Greece, and perhaps beyond that. Debate has rules for a reason. The rules remove moderator bias, which I saw a lot of last night. The rules of this "debate" were supposed to cut off the microphone when it wasn't the person's time to speak, and yet Ms. Harris interrupted and stepped on Mr. Trump's statements several times.

I consider myself to be a fair person. I don't think I would be able to create questions for political pundits that were 100% neutral. What I saw last night didn't seem neutral at all. Thus, I think that "debates" should adopt a format that is exactly that -- a classical debate format. Of course, you still need someone to cut off the microphone at the second that the allotted time is elapsed.

My personal opinion: I don't think either one of them shined. I was surprised that Mr. Trump refrained from most of his facial contortions, and in general, behaved himself. I thought that he should have focused on Afghanistan, the economy -- with empasis on statistics from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, and border control. However, he couldn't help himself.

I thought Ms. Harris focused too much on Trump, rather than what she proposed to bring to the table.

I don't think either of them shined, and therefore there wasn't a 'winner'. Probably doesn't matter much. I think almost everyone has already made up their mind. I think it's going to be a bumpy ride, regardless of who is able to orchestrate the outcome.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I assume you think Vance would .....
Where does it say the VP is the de-facto pick to be the Primary candidate should the Primary leave ?

I think the Republican delegates would decide. There certainly wouldn't be another primary.

Nothing including ' The Lefts panic is an excuse to bypass the democratic process.

The candidate, who is the current sitting President and the head of the Democratic Party, and was the incumbent candidate, withdrew from the election after the primaries but before he accepted the nomination.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I still want to know how they are going to get around the battle ground states that had the deadline for changing candidates names changed already pass before the convention.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I still want to know how they are going to get around the battle ground states that had the deadline for changing candidates names changed already pass before the convention.

Just like in Michigan, they said they couldn’t remove Kennedy’s name from the ballots even though they weren’t even printed yet.
They do as they want.
They’ll do anything to rig the system and cheat.
Harris got zero votes in the primary yet they appointed her candidate, opposing 14 million people who voted for somebody else.
The democrat party isn’t very democratic.
They are the party of By Any Means Necessary.
She’ll win Michigan and Wisconsin but the other battleground states she’s toast.
No road to 270 for her.
Soon they will realize that and start using that money for the senate races instead of wasting it on Harris.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The only reason they appointed her as far as I can see is, boxes checked and money.

Her name was on the ticket so she got to keep the money raised for sleepy joe, and I am guessing the dark money couldnt find a work around on that in time or they would have chosen someone else.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I assume you think Vance would .....

I think the Republican delegates would decide. There certainly wouldn't be another primary.

The candidate, who is the current sitting President and the head of the Democratic Party, and was the incumbent candidate, withdrew from the election after the primaries but before he accepted the nomination.

Withdrew days after he said it would take his creator to keep him from running.

Withdrew via a X post.

Just a few factoids to add.....

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:44 PM
link   

But? whatabout the Electoral Democracy! whatabout popular vote! 🤣🤣🤣 Desperation like we see is out the window!

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Jeez Annee .

Seriously!!

But she didn't win any elections!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Save The Democracy!
Save The Democracy!
Save The Democracy!
Save The Democracy!

Dictatorships select the leaders !!! Dictatorships!!

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

If that backfires in their faces, watch how they declare a National Emergency and suspend The Election !!!!!!

☠️

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Watched the debate between Trump and Harris.

My personal opinion:

1. (joking) - two lonely people met.
2. (serious) - Americans are forced to choose between war and shame. And as Churchill said, "Whoever chooses between war and shame, gets both war and shame."

Ah!

That explains what is happening there.

Oh, wait, the US isn't at war. Russia is.

edit on 2024-09-11T20:09:02-05:0008Wed, 11 Sep 2024 20:09:02 -050009pm00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Imhere

Because she is VP and Biden dropped out because he is senile?

Well Trump hit what in baseball is called "Home Runs" where he knocked it out of the park. He got point after point in that needed to be said.

Harris said nothing and the Black folks already know Trump will do what he says and she won't. She lost the election on this because she said nothing substantial at all and promised trinkets and yelled "squirrel" again, or ray ray ray racist!

Trump was right about her and if you wrote down her accomplishments your page wouldn't have much after winning rigged elections in California and using her body to get up the ladder of success, and not her brains.

The Uniparty is for her, I am against her.

The folks appear to be for Trump by 100's of times per city. And we have seen the cheating is their best technique for political victory. They have little else but to promise to give money away to people they plan on taking from folks who can barely get by as it is now, then give it to those who hate us while we can't stop them from doing it. Especially, if they cheated to get there. How can we expect to stop this?

We need a reset in the western world. Here's to a bunch of hopium beers getting opened soon for the movie we are all watching, is about to be at our long awaited climax.

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join