It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female is Not a Feeling

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Some men lie about identifying as a woman in order to gain access to highly vulnerable women? Some even go so far as to take hormone treatments to further the ruse?

You don't say.

Perhaps we need to define the difference between woman and girl because you're blurring the lines a little.

Lol.

Anyway, yes, we have a new framework in place in the UK for this very reason.

www.gov.uk...

The assumption being that the vast majority of those faking-it won't go the whole way but that is still based on a considerable level of ignorance about sexually predatory behaviour, but it is what it is a measure.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you so much for being a kommakaze, and the little low brow insinuation because I'm debating in a foreign language, English is the forth language I learned. how many languages do you speak? Making assumption on someone based of their grammar is kind of a simpletons approach... So yeah must be important to some...

Why do you think there are quotas and a gender pay gap?

I mean the only job that is women dominated is everything that comes down to feelz and pampering other humans.

High competitive jobs all need quota for women because they couldn't compete, the pay gap is due to more working hours by man...

Of course they can compete, and there sure are incidents where a women makes the race, but that's the exception not the rule...
The rule is quotas, and pay gap...

English is my third language and the word you are looking for is kamikaze.

So you are essentially saying that any time a woman competes and wins in business management (for the sake of this discussion, in the United States), it is an anomaly.

Now, we can toss historical data and empirical evidence for this because we are not talking about anything but your personal opinion.

Which is valid... after all, personal opinions shape the world we live in.

Now, I spent some time as an officer in the US military.

I noticed that men are generally horrible at war games, military planning... down to troop distribution and resource management.

They "go with their gut" and often miss out on the actual objective by doing so.

Do you think that males dominate that particular discipline (in the United States) because they are genetically superior in the ways of warcraft, or because women generally don't climb high enough in the military to make a difference?

Looking forward to your reply.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Do you think that males dominate that particular discipline (in the United States) because they are genetically superior in the ways of warcraft, or because women generally don't climb high enough in the military to make a difference?

I very much doubt the former.

It would depend on a couple of things.

Firstly - The level of basic training that new recruits have to achieve, particularly those based around physical strength and endurance and the highest rank that can be achieved via that entry route, ie as an NCO. Are most women going to have to work harder than most men to achieve those standards?

Secondly - Does the US, as we do in the UK, have a seperate entry route for officers and do they have to complete the same basic training as the above?

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Depends. Yes, they can go through college ROTC into the officer pipeline. But, they can also come up through the enlisted ranks if they can qualify for and complete Ofiicer Candidate School (OCS). The latter would have them go through the 'same' basic training of any (female) enlisted recruit, although there are differences for men and women, or at least there used to be.

edit on 9/8/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Depends. Yes, they can go through college ROTC into the officer pipeline. But, they can also come up through the enlisted ranks if they can qualify for and complete Ofiicer Candidate School (OCS). The latter would have them go through the 'same' basic training of any (female) enlisted recruit, although there are differences for men and women, or at least there used to be.

But the former would not?

ETA, do the "differences for men and women" result in a limit on the choices of roles available to female recruits?
edit on 8-9-2024 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

There is still a PT requirement for ROTC cadets, if that's what you're getting at, but it is not as regimented as the PT requirement for general enlisted recruits.

ETA - Now? No. Not to the best of my knowledge. The big differentiator for a long time was 'active combat' roles, but many of those rules have changed in recent years. Not sure if they've been completely changed though.

edit on 9/8/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

I could make a IT cyber joke but I agree with you 100000111111000000.000011000010100001%

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There is still a PT requirement for ROTC cadets, if that's what you're getting at, but it is not as regimented as the PT requirement for general enlisted recruits.

That's exactly what I was getting at

ETA - Now? No. Not to the best of my knowledge. The big differentiator for a long time was 'active combat' roles, but many of those rules have changed in recent years. Not sure if they've been completely changed though.

If, historically, women would have been excluded from active combat roles - what role does active combat experience play in the promotions department?

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

you're always going to be seen as one or the other, even if you're third gender.

- A former transgender acquaintance.

Even in the LGBT community there are tons of transwomen that go to girl-centric bars and mostly pair off with each-other, but not exclusively.

More "cisgender" (normal) women than you'd think respond. A large number of lesbians actually do qualify "male lesbianism" to some degree. Some men really do give off the same sapphic vibe women give off. And they don't even need to dress or identify as women to do so. Thats entirely a feeling. And when they put in the effort to cultivate curves and soft skin through body modification, you gotta applaud the extra effort.

I do wish they could develop an ovary cramp simulator pill though. One that induces clenched abdominal pain. To really give the taste of what your uterus wrenching itself clean feels like.

As for the transitioned ones, regardless of orientation, it still comes up before too long, usually before anything happens - often at the insistence of the transgender person. There is a closed doors acknowledgement of what people say.

I just cannot find a criticism outside taking 1st prize away from the top biological female. Title IX protections to transwomen only bugs me when it strips the legitimate win from the real apex woman.

And I don't think their inclusion should come at the expense of the top biological competitor. Second gold medal is fine, or strict class guidelines and handicaps applied. (Like the paralympics)

The crux: Is womanhood being eroded or redefined? One could argue archetypes are just recycling towards a matriarch. And (M-F) transidentities may be a result of a transition towards a more female dominated culture.

In many male-dominant societies women need external ovaries and a metaphorical dick to rise up the social strata. Adapt to the alpha male dominant culture. It took PC/progressive/liberal/LGBT movements to change the outlook for women succeeding in that man's world. Maybe men wanting to be women signals a shift of all that?

And I think if we throw the non-breastfeeding SS agents out with the DEI bathwater, the very ideals that helped level the playing field for women get thrown away with it. Woke and Women's issues are a continuum.

And I'd hate to see transwomen wanting to compete in a triathlon as a woman undo the PC things that made it easier for women to rise in rank on their no longer overlooked merit.[/url]
edit on 8-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Tolkien

I think getting into a hissyfit over other peoples life choices on an online echo chamber is pretty much the definition of desperate...

You are the one having a hissy fit, sweetheart.

Other people don't have a right to control other's speech

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I get this from the media and the many trans people I know and love. Where do you get your perceptions from?

edit on 8-9-2024 by Cloudbuster1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster1
I get this from the media and the many trans people I know and love. Where do you get your perceptions from?

It is perhaps a cultural thing then and would naturally tend to depend on who, as you develop your own sense of identity, you consider as your female role-models. The media in the US media has been, in the past, quite narrow in it's depictions of women, and what traits they reward. So you were probably right in the first place that they lack a diversity of style because they're conforming with societal norms based on the examples they were set? I don't think that there is anything more than that to be read into that.

In the UK media, women have a few more choices representationally perhaps. But still, if the majority of CIS-women shave their legs in a particular culture, I would naturally expect the majority of transwomen to too. But in cultures where a skirt is not a pre-requisite and trousers a preferred option, I also wouldn't expect shaving to be such a high-priorty for either either.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I went through the Bootstrap program... started as enlisted, made my way to E4, my tech school was a year long so I had most of the credits I needed for a degree, agreed to spend 3 more years in the service in exchange for doing OCS for a year to get my degree and was offered O2 as a result.

Which I accepted.

I was offered and accepted O3 two years later.

There were no differences then between female and male recruits as far as physical requirements besides the obvious size difference when being recruited.

Much has changed since then, obviously.

I'm still waiting for a response from the person I was having a little debate with.

edit on 100000009America/Chicago9pmSun, 08 Sep 2024 18:47:01 -050047 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

Some men lie about identifying as a woman in order to gain access to highly vulnerable women? Some even go so far as to take hormone treatments to further the ruse?

You don't say.

Perhaps we need to define the difference between woman and girl because you're blurring the lines a little.

Lol.

Anyway, yes, we have a new framework in place in the UK for this very reason.

www.gov.uk...

The assumption being that the vast majority of those faking-it won't go the whole way but that is still based on a considerable level of ignorance about sexually predatory behaviour, but it is what it is a measure.

It's almost as if women need protection from perverted men and deserve to have sex-based spaces...

Keep going, you're almost there.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm still waiting for a response from the person I was having a little debate with.

Patience is a virtue...

English is my third language and the word you are looking for is kamikaze.

Really what are they English, texan, and hopi... Jk...
I wasn't looking for another word "The kommakaze" is the grammars nazis worst nightmare... Its a wordplay...

you are essentially saying that any time a woman competes and wins in business management (for the sake of this discussion, in the United States), it is an anomaly.
no it's in most cases due to quotas...

Our world would be better off with more women taking important decisions but for that to work so much would have to change as of now that's wishful thinking.

High competitve economy defines everything, even the military and especially the US one.
women aren't really savage enough to play the game as intended. why i think man dominate all higer up positions. They are just better suited for the dog eat dog economy... Military, especially the US one is just a business.

So yeah they don't ascend because the disciplines they compete in aren't broad enough to account for those disciplines women could excel in and would serve certain positions better.

We would all tremendously profit socially with more womenhood but we would also slightly suffer economically... Maybe that's what's happening?
edit on 9-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Sure thing... the loaded language speaks a diffrent story....

Who is controlling your speech?

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It's almost as if women need protection from perverted men and deserve to have sex-based spaces...

Is it? And you feel you deserve to have sex-based places?

What is a "sex-based" place? Lol. Do you mean like a single-sex bathroom but you want to exclude anyone you think isn't female enough? Because you're scared of random perverts?

Do you think that perhaps you're a little too pre-occupied with sex and what you perceive to be the perversion of others?

You do realise that statistically you are more likely to be attacked, raped, abused and killed by someone you know and trust than by some random stranger that you have decided is a pervert because you have rendered yourself incapable of understanding their life choices?

And yet you feel as though you deserve "sex-based places" - what is it that you think you have done to deserve these sex-based places? Because you were born with a vagina and a uterus? Lol. If you think you deserve a sex-based place, you go and get yourself one.

Anyway, back to the highly vulnerable women, and let's face it men, I was talking about...

I believe that men and women, CIS and trans and all the beautiful colours inbetween who have been imprisoned deserve not be subject to sexual assaults while they are under the care of the state particularly in the case of those who have been imprisoned because they have been victimised into criminality. They are more likely to have been abused as children by a family member or someone trusted by the family, and in turn may have entered into abusive relationships, substance abuse and other choice limiting behaviours before entering into the criminal justice system. These people are incredibly vulnerable within and without the prison system and very much require systemic actions to facilitate their protection while in the care of the state.

Protections should always be applied to the vulnerable. I don't consider being female, in and of itself, a vulnerability.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sure thing... the loaded language speaks a diffrent story....

Who is controlling your speech?

No one.
Just facts, science and biology.

How much ressources do you wish to spend defending clear, obvious mental illness ?

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How about Furrys?
They dress up as animals.
They Know its just play how ever much they get into character.

When people see a furry Lion.
they dont run away screeming.

They dont call the police and have them Shot!
or tranquilized and put in a Zoo.

Every one KNOWS its Just dress up.
so why are people treating men that dresst as women
as If they are Real women?

Only thing I can think of is that we are Very stupid.
and we are being dehumanized!!!
some thing the CIA would do to Kill are sense of SELF.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Keep ignoring sociology, but don't cry if society considers your opinion obsolete

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join