It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Republican VP Dick Cheney Supports Harris

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Xtrozero

Just in case anyone thought I was exaggerating:

300,000 migrant children have gone missing under Border Czar Kamala Harris

Like I’m gonna take any heavily slanted article seriously that refers to Kamala as the border czar.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

originally posted by: theatreboy

When scuzballs like Cheney are willing to hold their noses and vote for Harris it means that even scuzballs know how bad Trump 2 will be.

Or, just how bad they are...how afraid they are of their deeds coming to the public eye.

Dick Cheney afraid of his deeds coming to the public eye? Was he not exposed during the Bush period. He sure was to many of us. Did any of his ''deeds'' come to light and him find punishment at all during the eight years of Obama? Did any of his deeds get made more public during the four years of Trump administration or the four years of Biden's administration? Just what do you think he could possibly be afraid of coming to the public eye under another four years of Trump.....

So like your personal Friends with Dick Cheney right ? You and him have had beers together ? You two were in the same fraternity ?

My point is .

You don't know this man , you don't know any of these people in the least. They are not your Friends , They do not like you , you are not one of them . They are in their own Club mate .

Cheney , Bush , Obama , Clinton , Pelosi , McCain , Biden ........

They all metaphorically serve at the same alter to the same Master , They draw water from the same well .

They all have Skeletons in the closet . How many of them do you think were in Bed with 'Ukraine' ? How many of them were shorting stocks in 2008 or buying pharmaceutical stock in 2019 ? How many of them do you think are helping China to buy more and more American land ? They all have their own Districts of American Land........

SNAP OUT OF IT

These people are not your Friend.

They do not like Donald Trump . Why ? Is it because he is a Threat to Democracy ? Christ on a Cracker No !!!!! He is a Threat to their POWER !!!!!!!! THEIR POWER.

Trump has the support of the People and we are supposed to be a PEOPLES REPUBLIC . The media will drone on and on about How Trump is losing and down in the polls and Kamala is gaining ground blah blah blah .....

The Main stream Media is not the People , It's not the voice of the People nor a Representative there in. It's Propaganda , it's entertainment . The Media is an extremely powerful and effective tool of the Deep State Establishment .

Wake up mate , Life is to short to be so scared of the Truth .

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
How about the New York Post?

Of course your narrow tunnel vision sources are not going to show it to you.

edit on 9 8 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Like I’m gonna take any heavily slanted article seriously that refers to Kamala as the border czar.

Just quoting for the irony......

Watching you go senile is bittersweet.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

are you saying she wasn't the Border Czar ?

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Offshore betting has Harris favored over Donny.......

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

.... cuz you can't handle that the appointed candidate actually really was the unofficial border czar, and the left wing media even referred to her as such.

Fact Check - Harris was Bidens Second Border Czar Despite Recent Media Claims

Media suddenly changes its tune on calling Kamala Harris the ‘border czar’ — despite giving her the title

Republicans and Democrats Reiterate Harris Was Failed Border Czar

She embraced the honorary title when she though thought it gave her clout. But now that it is known she failed at it, she's disingenuously screaming that it wasn't an official title and she wasn't it. Which is poppycock.
edit on 9/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drugstorecowboy56
Offshore betting has Harris favored over Donny.......

I'd go all in if I were you 👍

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

.... cuz you can't handle that the appointed candidate actually really was the unofficial border czar, and the left wing media even referred to her as such.

Fact Check - Harris was Bidens Second Border Czar Despite Recent Media Claims

Media suddenly changes its tune on calling Kamala Harris the ‘border czar’ — despite giving her the title

Republicans and Democrats Reiterate Harris Was Failed Border Czar

She embraced the honorary title when she though thought it gave her clout. But now that it is known she failed at it, she's disingenuously screaming that it wasn't an official title and she wasn't it. Which is poppycock.

I can Google too.

I prefer independent thought.

Just because you want something to be — doesn’t make it so.

Kamala Harris and the border: The myth and the facts

No, Kamala Harris is not a “border czar.” But that doesn’t matter to Republicans.

There’s just one problem. The vice president was never in charge of the border. That job belongs to Alejandro Mayorkas, the secretary of homeland security, and to Xavier Becerra, the secretary of health and human services.

Still, a combination of right-wing spin, media fascination during Harris’s early tenure, miscommunication from the White House, and growing migrant surges during the Biden presidency have all made that label stick. Now, it stands as one of the more serious challenges Harris faces, whether she’s the vice presidential or presidential nominee.

www.vox.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

When scuzballs like Cheney are willing to hold their noses and vote for Harris it means that even scuzballs know how bad Trump 2 will be.

Definitely 👍

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone supports Trump.

Same here....it is beyond my comprehension how anyone supports Harris/Walz.

The rest of us sane people with above average intelligence do not want Trump to further weaken the US.

We do not want some enamored by Putin to be the president of the US.

They way I see it the only people who support Trump are extremely wealthy folks who will make short term gains with Trump's tax cuts and loop holes for the extremely rich, religious zealots who want Project 2025 and effectively turn the US into a Christian theocracy, and the rest of people who are either too ignorant and too arrogant to recognize Trump for who he is.

What folks like you who think Trump is great fail to realize is Trump wants to prosecute people who speak out against him(like what Putin does), he wants to effectively end 1st Amendment rights like protest and believes one should go to jail for burning the US flag, he wants to empower the police further expanding their qualified immunity and allowing policies like "stop and frisk" that have been deemed Unconstitutional, and much much worse.

Hopefully this November will be the end of the MAGA madness.

Mark my words, Trump being elected will mark the end of the US being a super power.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

lol

I'd list the flagrant violations that the left has done against the Constitution, the harm they've done to the country, but OMB.

lol

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The rest of us sane people with above average intelligence do not want Trump to further weaken the US.

Ignoring your delusional diatribe, let's rest on this for just a moment.

Further weaken. Meaning that it is already in a weak condition.

Can you remind me who the current president and vice president are please?

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The rest of us sane people with above average intelligence do not want Trump to further weaken the US

So to save democracy you're going to vote for communist lite?

Is that about the gist of it?

Yall didnt vote for this ticket it was selected for you by the elite, at least trump went through the democratic process to be the nominee.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mass formation psychosis

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Definitely 👍

They way I see it the only people who support Trump are extremely wealthy folks who will make short term gains with Trump's tax cuts and loop holes for the extremely rich, religious zealots who want Project 2025 and effectively turn the US into a Christian theocracy, and the rest of people who are either too ignorant and too arrogant to recognize Trump for who he is.

What folks like you who think Trump is great fail to realize is Trump wants to prosecute people who speak out against him(like what Putin does), he wants to effectively end 1st Amendment rights like protest and believes one should go to jail for burning the US flag, he wants to empower the police further expanding their qualified immunity and allowing policies like "stop and frisk" that have been deemed Unconstitutional, and much much worse.

Mark my words, Trump being elected will mark the end of the US being a super power.

Textbook hurt feelz post.

Especially when none of that is true in the normal world, only in Liberal fantasy world.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Definitely 👍

So much nonsense to unpack. Where are all of these alleged people for a " Christian theocracy" we hear about? If Christians are your boogeyman, you might be caught in the past! Religion, at least Christianity is at such a low ebb as to be a non-issue. The only ones fretting over it are people that seem to have fantasies about handmaidens tale. As for the 1st Amendment drivel you spouted, who was censoring TRUE INFORMATION from everyday folks again? Hunters laptop was not a scheme by the big bad Russians, it was legitimate! And used as evidence by the doj. How about them Twitter files? The receipts have all been laid out and show that Biden and the left used censoring as a shield for their crimes. The media is loosing the battle to stay relevant because of this very issue. It takes a special type of person to believe the most unpopular vp of our lives is suddenly the savior of "our" democracy. But sure keep believing Trump is going to do what the democrats are saying he is going to do. Seems more like take the opposite of what they say and there is the truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Just because you want something to be — doesn’t make it so.

I don't 'want' anything.
I'm stating the fact.
She was the unofficial border czar.
She wallowed in the honorary title when it bolstered her.
And that's what all the left and right wing media called her.
Now that it's obvious that she failed .. she disavows herself from it.

Typical lying politician.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The "Border Czar" title is a bit of a pejorative if you ask me. A jab that may have people believing she was put in charge of border security. That isn't exactly the case. But she was given a level of responsibility and tasked with leading efforts to stem the migration at the border.

These excerpts are from Remarks by President Biden and Vice President Harris in a Meeting on Immigration made on March 24, 2021.

THE PRESIDENT: I’ve asked her, the VP, today — because she’s the most qualified person to do it — to lead our efforts with Mexico and the Northern Triangle and the countries that help — are going to need help in stemming the movement of so many folks, stemming the migration to our southern border.

THE PRESIDENT: And so, this increase has been consequential, but the Vice President has agreed — among the multiple other things that I have her leading — and I appreciate it — agreed to lead our diplomatic effort and work with those nations to accept re- — the returnees, and enhance migration enforcement at their borders — at their borders.

THE PRESIDENT: So it’s not her full responsibility and job, but she’s leading the effort because I think the best thing to do is to put someone who, when he or she speaks, they don’t have to wonder about is that where the President is. When she speaks, she speaks for me. Doesn’t have to check with me. She knows what she’s doing, and I hope we can move this along.

(Bold added)

So calling her border czar is a bit of a stretch for me too. It seems she was going to focus on learning what the root causes are driving immigration.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: As the President has said, there are many factors that lead precedent to leave these countries. And while we are clear that people should not come to the border now, we also understand that we will enforce the law and that we also — because we can chew gum and walk at the same time — must address the root causes that — that cause people to make the trek, as the President has described, to come here.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I also look forward to working with members of the Congress who, I think, share our perspective on the need to address root causes for the migration that we’ve been seeing. And needless to say, the work will not be easy, but it is important work. It is work that we demand — and the people of our countries, I believe, need — to help stem the tide that we have seen.

Four months later in U.S. STRATEGY FOR ADDRESSING THE ROOT CAUSES OF MIGRATION IN CENTRAL AMERICA Harris says:

Just after we took office, President Joe Biden outlined our Administration’s vision to reform our immigration system by creating a pathway to citizenship for the nearly 11 million undocumented migrants in our country, modernizing our immigration process, and effectively managing our border. Shortly after that, the President asked me to lead our nation’s efforts to address the root causes of that migration. That is because migration to our border is also a symptom of much larger issues in the region.

(Bold added. Managing. Not Securing.)

What did she find?

Second, providing relief is not sufficient to stem migration from the region.
The COVID-19 pandemic and extreme weather conditions have indeed exacerbated the root causes of migration—which include corruption, violence, trafficking, and poverty.

Recently, I travelled to Guatemala, where one of the largest challenges is corruption. Our Administration knows that, where corruption goes unchecked, people suffer.

What you might expect, in large part, corruption. That's what we often hear, at least.

The word "border" is used eight times in that document. And if not in the context of generally referring to it, the context is trade. Not security.

"Security" is used forty-one times and in the context of corporate/government security in those regions south of the border.

Also worthy of note is, there is no data in the document to back up the claims it makes.

From Why do immigrants come to the US?

Since 2006, work has consistently been the top reason people immigrate to the US, with the exception of 2013–2015 when immigration for work was equal to or slightly lower than for school.

School is usually the second most common reason for immigration except for 2018, when a higher percentage of people began immigrating for family reunification than education. In 2021 school again became the second most common reason.

Safety and diversity have consistently been the fourth and fifth most common reasons for immigration, respectively.

(Bold added)

From Kamala Harris’s Border Responsibilities And Results

It is not surprising that economic opportunity is the primary reason for migration, because the economic gains that are achieved upon migration to the US are substantial. Migrant wages rise between 100 and 200 percent upon arriving in the US and grow quickly after that, ultimately rising roughly to the level of US workers in the same demographic group who are born in the United States.

Given the importance of economic opportunity as an attractor to the US, there is little reason to expect the Biden-Harris strategies of dealing with migration—an anticorruption task force, combating sexual and gender violence, addressing inequality and extortion, promoting respect for human rights and property rights—while laudable, to reduce migration.

Moreover, both Harris and Biden supported policies that incentivized migration. Harris supported decriminalizing illegal entry to the US during her brief 2020 presidential campaign and supported offering healthcare to those who entered illegally. Biden encouraged asylum seekers to “surge the border” in his 2020 campaign.

(Bold added)
Are those a couple of the root causes?

It appears that Harris was not involved in any of these meetings with Mexican officials, even though Biden indicated in his 2021 press conference that she would be leading such diplomatic efforts, particularly with Mexico. It is unfortunate for Harris that Biden chose to exclude her from these negotiations. She is now left only with the strategy of trying to distance herself from the responsibilities she was given in 2021, which now seem to have been taken away.

It just seems to me that they offer a lot of lip service. So when the perception is you're going to tackle the border as Vice President, in whatever official title given, and then the perception is that no progress was made...

You get names like Border Czar.

Hey, if you talk the talk but don't walk the walk. What should you expect?

They're probably expecting a gold star for the "effort."

edit on 9-8-2024 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

We know the truth hurts the "I am not a Democrat" crowd.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Definitely 👍

Rofl wow I've never seen so many inaccurate statements ....

Your like a Dog that takes a big dump in the middle of the Room and then walks out like nothing happened.

The least you could do is acknowledge the steaming pile of # you just took ....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join