It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of teen suspect in Georgia school shooting charged with 2nd-degree murder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

"But if you are a psycho and you want to make headlines, you realize that our schools are soft targets. And we have got to bolster security at our schools. We’ve got to bolster security, so if a psycho wants to walk through the front door and kill a bunch of children, they’re not able."

Sounds like an invitation to me.

Very poorly worded.

I know the truth is hard for y’all . . .

I am not required to agree with you.

You do not define truth for me.

I agree with Sookie on this.

Of course you do.

Then you tell me what he said that isn’t truthful? What do you not agree with in his statement?

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Considering the parents knew of the FBI INQUIRIES certainly carry the bulk of the responsibility here.

But generally, until the core problems of mental health, bullying, and overprescribed child and teen mood drugs are addressed we will have incidences such as these. Still lots kids get bullied, lots of kids has mental health issues, but relatively few cross over to violent reactions.

The school administration has to be able to identify potential issues and have the authority and ability to counsel and or remove potential children who are struggling, right now they do not have the resources, training or legal recourse to preemptively remove a student.

additionally, there is a need for more robust forms of security.

^^^ THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^

I'VE BEEN PERSCRIBED MORE PSCYH DRUGS THAT I CAN RECOUNT AND BEEN THE VICTIM OF BULLYING, BUT I WOLDN'T VOLUNTARILY HARD ANYONE. HECK, IT TAKES A LOT FOR ME TO EVEN SQUISH AN INSECT, BUT WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE,I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY THE FATHER MAY HAVE ARMED HIS SON.

PUT CAMERAS IN ALL CLASSROOMS WITH SOUND AND AUDIO, FULL COLOR AND HEAT INDEX SENSORS.

LOCKDOWN PROTOCOLS INCLUDED.

MAXIMUM SECURITY INSTITUTION TO SAVE THE LITTLE BRATS FROM THEIR OWN HUBRIS AND CRUELTY.

I GREW UP ON BASE SO...YEAH.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   

"But if you are a psycho and you want to make headlines, you realize that our schools are soft targets. And we have got to bolster security at our schools. We’ve got to bolster security, so if a psycho wants to walk through the front door and kill a bunch of children, they’re not able."

Very poorly worded.

Of course you do.

Then you tell me what he said that isn’t truthful? What do you not agree with in his statement?

I stated it sounds like an invitation and it’s very poor wording.

I stand by that statement.

I’m not gonna play semantics with you because you don’t like where I stand.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It’s not a gun problem.
The people in charge keep dropping the ball…

JUST IN: The mother of Apalachee school shooter Colt Gray called the school on the morning of the shooting, warning them of an "extreme emergency."

According to WaPo who obtained text messages, the mother appeared to have advanced warning of what was happening.

"I was the one that notified the school counselor at the high school," a text message from Marcee Gray to her sister read.

"I told them it was an extreme emergency and for them to go immediately and find [my son] to check on him."

A call log shows that Marcee Gray had a 10-minute phone call with the school just 30 minutes before the tragedy unfolded.

"A counselor told Gray during the call that her son had been talking about a school shooting that morning," the WaPo reported.

The school then looked for Gray but there was confusion between Gray and another student with a similar name.

The administrator left the classroom after neither student was present

The shooting happened moments later.
x.com...

It is way past time to start holding these fools accountable.
The parents, fbi, PD, school faculty etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   
it is interesting that once again the FBI had him on their radar and prevented nothing.

How many times do we have to watch this unfold before we put our foot down and tell them to stop spying on us if all they are going to do is watch tragedy happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Very poorly worded.

Of course you do.

I stated it sounds like an invitation and it’s very poor wording.

I stand by that statement.

I’m not gonna play semantics with you because you don’t like where I stand.

What sounds like a invitation? What did he say in full context that you don’t agree with? Can you not answer that? Let me guess… he’s a conservative and you have to find fault in what he said no matter, right? Isn’t that how your mind works?

I’ve read it a few times and can’t find nothing wrong with it, matter of fact I agree with him fully. It’s amazing how you lefty’s twist # around to fit in your lil box of hate.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
it is interesting that once again the FBI had him on their radar and prevented nothing.

How many times do we have to watch this unfold before we put our foot down and tell them to stop spying on us if all they are going to do is watch tragedy happen.

In the documentary Bad Faith Elizabeth Neumann states that during her time in office they were repeatedly trying to get domestic terrorism recognised as a security issue so that there was a legal framework with which to prosecute offenders who appeared "on the radar" but who law enforcement were unable act against until they did something without an infringement of "rights".

Surely, given the bigger picture, you don't want the FBI or LEOs to have the power to arrest someone because they have said they might do something, you only want to give that power to them under very specific circumstances?

The FBI can only do what they can do until given the power to do what may or may not need to be done.

Trump's administration may not have wanted to restrict domestic terrorism for their own reasons, but has Biden's done anything to empower LE to be able to address domestic terrorists in a pre-emptive way without limiting the right to free speech?

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Fair enough.

You've made the argument that the entire NSA and FISA system should be dismantled, torched and ashes spread into the wind since it provides no purpose.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

It’s amazing how you lefty’s twist # around to fit in your lil box of hate.

Just think what same disgruntled psychos will do with JD's invitation!

Look Crabby, no matter how triggered you are by other people's opinions, you're not changing any minds with your full threated approval of JD's words.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

A Red Flag law would have gone a long way in this case, and 4 people might still be alive if only Georgia had one in place.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Funny.

I don't recall you trying to bring up this talking points for Crooks.

Nor did the MSM.

But I repeat myself.....

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

I don't recall you trying to bring up this talking points for Crooks.

Why would I? I'm opining on what JD Vance just said, regarding a school shooting in which 4 people were killed.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You wouldn't.

People with standards and honesty would.

Thus .....my point.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
Fair enough.

You've made the argument that the entire NSA and FISA system should be dismantled, torched and ashes spread into the wind since it provides no purpose.

I did? I thought I was just asking a question.

Which, incidently, I have started to find the answer to here >

www.whitehouse.gov...

Hmmm...so Trump's administration wouldn't touch it because they didn't want to restrict the activities of some of their primary support base who's activities would be criminalised under that legislation - and then Biden's administration only seem, from the fact sheet above, to be driven by reactionism to the 6th January "insurrectionists" which basically leaves the lone-shooters, which Neumann claimed they were specifically trying to get covered still on the outside of that framework.

I have no idea where NSA and FISA fit in to all this but I am sure you will be happy to elucidate on that.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

The charges come after Gray “knowingly” allowed his son to possess a weapon,

Guess the devil is in the detail.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

You wouldn't.

People with standards and honesty would.

Thus .....my point.

How is Crooks relevant to this thread?

Thomas Matthew Crooks, the shooter at former President Donald Trump’s July 13 campaign rally, does not have a public criminal history, according to records. The FBI said Crooks was not on its radar prior to the shooting.

www.politifact.com...

A Red Flag law wouldn't have helped, in Crooks case, even if Pennsylvania had one in place. And JD Vance extended his "invitation" to would be psycho school shooters much later.

edit on 1320242024k14America/Chicago2024-09-08T11:14:13-05:0011am2024-09-08T11:14:13-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No, he didn't.

But don't let that stop you from continuing advertising your commitment to willful ignorance.

I mean that, you're providing a valuable service.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
A Red Flag law wouldn't have helped, in Crooks case, even if Pennsylvania had one in place. And JD Vance extended his "invitation" to would be psycho school shooters much later.

I presume it wouldn't have applied because, unlike Gray, Crooks didn't advertise his intentions and therefore no flags were raised red or otherwise. Am I understanding the Red Flag Law principle correctly?

link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

What ignorance? LoL You just said I got it right!

link   
www.cnn.com...

The mother of the teenager suspected of killing four people during a Georgia school shooting called to warn a school counselor prior to the shooting, the suspect’s aunt and grandfather said Saturday.

Colt Gray, 14, apologized to his mother Marcee Gray on the morning of the mass shooting at Apalachee High School — sending an alarming early-morning text that prompted the mother to warn the school, his grandfather told the New York Post.

Marcee Gray’s father, Charles Polhamus, told the New York Post his daughter was at his home in Georgia on Wednesday morning when Colt texted her to say: “I’m sorry, mom.”

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join