It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of teen suspect in Georgia school shooting charged with 2nd-degree murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here is an interesting discussion of the legal issues with "parental responsibility":

BBC News - Tough new test of parental responsibility in Georgia shooting case
www.bbc.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

14 that kid was.
when mine were 14 they weren't even allowed a copy of GTA for the xbox never mind a bloody rifle.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Crazy.

The father will deserve everything he gets but not sure the "cruelty" thing might stick.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Vance didn't say it was a fact of life.

He said he hates that it is becoming a fact of life.

Stop lying.

Even the AP retracted their story running that BS.
So.

Who is lying.

Vance when he says he hates it’s BECOME a fact of life.
Take things out of context much? He didn’t say what you’re trying say he said. 🙄

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Vance didn't say it was a fact of life.

He said he hates that it is becoming a fact of life.

Stop lying.

Even the AP retracted their story running that BS.
So.

Who is lying.

Vance when he says he hates it’s BECOME a fact of life.
Take things out of context much? He didn’t say what you’re trying say he said. 🙄

“I don’t like that this is a fact of life,” Vance said. “But if you are a psycho and you want to make headlines, you realize that our schools are soft targets.

The worst part of this part of the quote, is Vance talking directly t "psychos" and telling them that schools are the soft targets they're looking for!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You're late to the party.

Psychos already know, thus the problem, thus the quote....

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Parental responsibility used to be a thing up until 40 or so years ago.

Now there's a wild west mentality with parenting foregoing discipline for friendship, giving objects in place of affection. No limits placed on exposure of adult media/lifestyles etc. etc. all in name of trying to befriend instead of parenting first - basically a life of no consequences in principle.

It's no wonder our young get angry when consequences rear their ugly head to someone not equipped mentally to deal with them constructively a learned skill but seemingly rarely taught by parents brought up the same way.

This particular dad was egregiously irresponsible providing a weapon to son AFTER an investigation of school threats mere months before.

The same reasoning does apply to many other situations involving physical or economic harm to others and there is shared responsibility if parent knew of/or enabled the damaging behavior through negligence, indifference or direct action.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

"Soft targets" are everywhere. Grocery stores, concerts, churches, festivals, malls', there is no need to bring attention to any of them, especially schools. I take it you don't have children.

Vance speech was irresponsible. But I expect that's just what I should expect from Trump's running mate, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Good.

Time to start extraditing anyone’s parents that used their guns to commit murders.

Looking at all the illegal immigrants.

Oh. Wait. FBI, DHS etc. are busy not running down things that were already flagged.

Meanwhile don’t sleep on trains in Chicago. #DNC

Got it.

ETA RIP to the deceased. Vance is wrong for saying this is “a fact of life”. How about we pay for armed guards at every school, so further bloodshed can be mitigated.

And no. Taking guns ain’t the answer or happening.

“I don’t like that this is a fact of life,” Vance said, the AP reported. “But if you are a psycho and you want to make headlines, you realize that our schools are soft targets. And we have got to bolster security at our schools. We’ve got to bolster security, so if a psycho wants to walk through the front door and kill a bunch of children, they’re not able.”

Which is exactly what Vance called for, more security. I don't know why everyone's panties are in a bunch of the spun 'fact of life' comment Vance made.

Fact of life definition:

a fact of life:

something that must be accepted as true and unchanging, even if it is unpleasant.

Regardless, you're correct, taking guns isn't the answer. The interview with the father by law enforcement before the shooting was astounding. Colin Gray states they talked about school shootings "all the time".

Here's at least some of it.

www.youtube.com...

For the record, I haven't watched this whole video but I listened to the audio when it was on the news. I hold the law enforcement liable. As well as the local family services. This kid and his sister was neglected, abused, and even reported to the proper agencies but they didn't do jack to protect these children. And of course, all the government wants to do is remove guns, not actually address the real problems.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

"Soft targets" are everywhere. Grocery stores, concerts, churches, festivals, malls', there is no need to bring attention to any of them, especially schools. I take it you don't have children.

Vance speech was irresponsible. But I expect that's just what I should expect from Trump's running mate, though.

Oh, do tell about all these expansive soft targets that aren't focused specifically around children while also attempting to deride what Vance said.

Please do go on....

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Addressing the problem would indicate that the problem is desired to be repaired......

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Oh, do tell about all these expansive soft targets that aren't focused specifically around children

49 people killed and 53 wounded the shooting at Pulse, a gay night club in Florida. 11 people killed in the Monterey Park shooting at a ballroom dance club. 8 people killed in the Gold Spa, massage parlor shootings.

I should also add the Route 91 Harvest music festival on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada, in which a gunman killed 60 people and wounded 413, although there were children present, the concert wasn't focused specifically around children.
edit on 2620242024k49America/Chicago2024-09-07T12:49:26-05:0012pm2024-09-07T12:49:26-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

K, and?

How is what you're doing not exactly what Vance is doing....that you're criticizing?

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
arguing over gun statistics is stupid, long gun deaths are miniscule on the list of causes of death in America.

Normally I hate arrests like this until I heard he bought the AR for the kid after the FBI (assuming the timeline was reported correctly) talked to him about shooting threats last year.

At that point the father deserved to be hemmed up in my opinion.

as for locking the guns up in a safe any 8-10 yr old can figure out how to get into the safe if they really want to get access. Parents typically have patterns for where they store stuff, kids notice these things and all it takes is one trip to the range to know whats in there.

You want to start putting a dent in this kind of thing its past time to return to parents being involved in their kids life. If the kid is being bullied teach the kid how to defend themselves and let them know they are allowed to defend themselves, actually listen to what the kid is saying and talk to them when they are struggling.

you know old school parenting stop being your childs friend first.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Oh, do tell about all these expansive soft targets that aren't focused specifically around children

49 people killed and 53 wounded the shooting at Pulse, a gay night club in Florida. 11 people killed in the Monterey Park shooting at a ballroom dance club. 8 people killed in the Gold Spa, massage parlor shootings.

I should also add the Route 91 Harvest music festival on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada, in which a gunman killed 60 people and wounded 413, although there were children present, the concert wasn't focused specifically around children.

Technically, everyone's a soft target unless they're locked and loaded. Which is why I believe we should all be hard targets, if we so choose. As well, let's beef up security for the softest most vulnerable targets.

And yes, you are enforcing Vance's position, as am I. Go Trump/Vance!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How is what you're doing not exactly what Vance is doing....that you're criticizing?

You asked me what soft targets existed that didn't focus on children. I complied and posted a few. Nobody asked Vance to single out "psychos" and alert them to the vulnerability of schools. And I'm not asking to the American people to put me in a leadership position of wrangling with the issues of "sensible gun control" vs mass shootings. Vance is.

My position isn't that we just have live the fact that school shootings are just a "fact of life". I don't think hardening schools even more than they already are is the answer.

In this case, a red flag law might have meant some people might still be alive today.

edit on 2820242024k33America/Chicago2024-09-07T13:33:28-05:0001pm2024-09-07T13:33:28-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The error in your logic is that you assume, in order to justify your decision, that psychopaths don't know about soft targets.

Your insistence in curtailing rights notwithstanding....

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The error in your logic is that you assume, in order to justify your decision, that psychopaths don't know about soft targets.

They certainly don't need a shout out, or soft target suggestions from a candidate for Vice President of the friggin United States of America!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What makes a psychopath a psychopath again.....?

It's hilarious what hoops you'll jump through in attempts to justify your absurdity.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

JD Vance:: "If you're a psychopath..." If you're thinking of doing a mass shooting, I'm talking to you!
"Soft target" something, something "school", use your imagination, something, something

edit on 0320242024k54America/Chicago2024-09-07T13:54:03-05:0001pm2024-09-07T13:54:03-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join