It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties reported after school shooting at Apalachee High School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: FamCore

Ugh. Hate to hear this. It was traumatizing for both myself and my daughter when she at Michigan State during that shooting. I'm so sad for everyone involved.

I'm also tired of just hearing "thoughts and prayers" or "get over it".

So then, what do you propose?

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Prayer does work. Believe it, or not. That's your call.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

'Also in regards to your mention of school shootings which is not only the topic but very tragic, do you also apply as much concern to the "immigrants" in your own country who are defiling your own countrymen and women?"

Yes I do, thanks.

Quite what that has to do with US school shootings, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

You just asked a question. That's what we are here for. Discussion!

Actually, part of our problem is money. When the uniparty decided to export this nations' abilities to sustain a thriving and healthy economy and the means for ordinary people to create healthy standards of livings for themselves, the decay in our civil society started.

I'm referring to the passage of NAFTA and the exportation of jobs out of this nation. George HW Bush negotiated that atrocity and it was ratified during the Clinton administration. The greed of the uniparty did this to us.

And then along comes George Soros. Satan's archangel on earth.
edit on 4-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

And let's not forget Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" aspirations. Or might I say, "Great Social Welfare Society", that destroyed the family structure necessary for a healthy society. Families don't do well when the father is not present in a household.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I do, and the answer lies in what is acceptable in culture.

...and what is not.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

OK. So what's this got to do with immigrants in the UK?

We don't have all too regular school shootings.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Correct. You have stabbings. Lots. I read about them all the time.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I don't know, secure storage laws? Raise the semi automatic age to 21? Make sure students feel safe to report to a counselor if they see or hear concerning behavior from another student, proper mental health availability? Require permits for all owners? A universal background check for all states for all sales?

There has to be something besides "thoughts and prayers". Where are all the pro-life groups on this? Not so "pro" once over 40 weeks old?

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Yeah? It's doing a great job so far. Tell that to the new parents who just lost these 4 students.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: matafuchs

"We have sent 50 Billion to Ukraine in two years."

Not in cash, though.

But what's that got to do with all these school shootings?

They are saying that our Congress is spending billions on war as compared to security in our classrooms, not to mention that in some of these shootings, purportedly the police were told to stand downs
Of course this does take the focus on the substantial numbers of illegal migrant crimes from and child trafficking….
edit on 4-9-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yes, we do. Fortunately kids are not running amok with firearms.

Like they are over the Pond.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Yeah? It's doing a great job so far. Tell that to the new parents who just lost these 4 students.

What are YOU doing about it?

I'm praying for the parents, praying they are able to get through the next stage of their lives that will be very difficult and traumatic. I pray the family is supported by friends and community and for the strength they will need to move forward.

edit on 4-9-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
You're right. This is a most complex problem and there is no single answer to it's cause.

Maybe it is a naturally cyclical occurrence that can't be avoided? It just has to be endured until the pendulum swings?

A quote: “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

Our children should not have to learn in a fortress because guns are so prevalent.

All 3 of my girls had nightmares through childhood and teen years of a school shooting. Every one of them has dreamt of being shot at school due to the active shooter drills, various school closures because of a threat, or lock down because of some concern. That's not a great way to grow up.

I won't forget the way my youngest ran into my arms sobbing after the MSU shooting and we were allowed to go there to get them. And I was a lucky parent.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Arguing with you that prayer is not the answer and that there needs to be more meaningful laws and using my vote accordingly.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: SourGrapes

Arguing with you that prayer is not the answer and that there needs to be more meaningful laws and using my vote accordingly.

Hope it works out for you!

I'm going to pray for you, too.
edit on 4-9-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Guns are not the problem. Never has been.

Why are some parents raising little psychos?

Answer that and you're halfway to a resolution.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It is not guns though. It is the kids. The US had PLENTY of firearms Pre-Columbine. It is a mental health and home breakdown.

Schools should be more protected and not just for the fact there could be a shooting. It is protecting them from a world that has changed.

I have advocated for this since Sandy Hook. A retired LEO/Military in each school and dressed as a regular person. SROs help schools and can help identify problems also.

GranCops. They should be in every school.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Parents are not allowed to actually parent anymore

Accountability is a word that very few actually know the meaning of anymore

Schools cater to the mentally ill, making them to feel as they can do no wrong

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

I find it interesting that a high percentage of teen trans, or teen non-binary are autistic. It's like we're allowing our schools and politicians to take advantage of students who already have social issues. They're being experimented on, in real time, under our noses. Parents who wants to protect their children are threatened with losing them.

We need to get rid of the Education Department.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join