It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 200 Bush, McCain, Romney alums endorse Harris for president, criticize Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I guess I should not have capitalized democracies

[ warning: the following quotes are really my own paraphrase due to too lazy to look up the actual quotes ]
Bush: Saddam is an evil dictator who kills his own people, and WMDs are threating the existence of America. We must strike pre-emptively

Senate: Let us now vote to authorize the POTUS to do as he pleases.

One of my state's Democratic Senator: Yes! Saddam is an evil threat to the U.S.

My other Dem State Senator: Granted Saddam is a dictator who has killed his own people. But I've got 400 letters from my constituents that say yes and 30,000 letters that say no. I'm going with the majority. NO.

Senate: The yeas have it, Go Bush.

Bush: Alrighty then.

Iraqi civilian: Granted, Saddam is a dictator. We don't need you to deal with him for us. He's mortal. He will die. We don't mind waiting a few years. Don't do us any favors.

[ musical interlude ]

Bush: Iraq is now open for business. Please contact my friends in D.C. for rebuilding contracts.
==========
All Pubs and enough Dems to "get er done" in a Texas drawl.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'd be willing to bet that well over 74 million voted for Trump.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
The funny thing is that anyone here is dumb enough to think these people supported Trump in 2016 or 2020.
They're called 'NEVER TRUMPERS' for a reason...as in they are 'not ever' gonna vote for Trump.

So...definitely NO net gain for Kamala here.

Well, they've gone ear-blind to the term MAGA. OP is calling us MAGA and saying that's why we didn't vote for McCain or Romney lol. They don't even realize what they're saying.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I am with you on that one....

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: watchitburn

Did you even read it or are you just repeating what the TV told you?

Oh yes, Always.

Every morning I read what Rachel Maddow has said and make sure it lines up with what CNN and Politico say as well.

Although Fox has some good points that parallel what you just said on this subject, It's missing something.

www.foxnews.com...

Where's the nuance to why EVERY Democrat voted against it? The part where that was a border policy for Republicans by Republicans, that mirrored what a Trump policy would look like.

Or as South Park would exaggerate, "A Rape Them All To Death" policy.

And nothing says a majoroty party in the Senate has to do anything, they can shelf one-sided bills indefinitely. Which was the fate of HR2.

Everyone takes advantage of the majority like that.

I've read HR2, but as I've said I have to check on my approved sources to make sure they line up first.

H.R. 2 does nothing to address the root causes of migration, reduces humanitarian protections, and restricts lawful pathways, which are critical alternatives to unlawful entry.

The bill would cut off nearly all access to humanitarian protections in ways that are inconsistent with our Nation’s values and international obligations.

The Biden-Harris administration has said this bill is too restrictive.

I’m pretty sure you have contracted a case of Mainstream Media Poisoning…. Sorry I just had to say it

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think she might be better than Biden, at least we might save a lot of money if she does nothing during her presidency like she did in her vice presidency.

Biden didn't do anything either.
The same people that were running him for the past several years...will be running her.
They took Joe out...and put Kamala in...and ALL without a single democrat vote.

Speaking of the Uniparty …. Even Buzzfeed ran a story about how Biden took credit for crafting the Patriot Act, which if memory serves was around 40000 pages of surveillance state legislation and certainly couldn’t have been written in the mediate aftermath of 9-11
www.buzzfeednews.com...

Another potential sticking point for liberals: Biden not only voted for the 2001 Patriot Act, he, on many occasions, claimed credit for writing it. "I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing," Biden was quoted as saying by the New Republic in 2001.

Just sayin.. it is what it is

edit on 27-8-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Link to Letter | Link to Article

I wrote this in a comment, but it should have its own thread.

The list of names on this weak endorsement of Kamala is so static, I get the feeling some of them may be DEAD by now. Has anyone seen social media comments on this likely-hood?

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

You want to know the real reason why they doing this? Because Trump is promising to release the unredacted files on Kennedy assassination.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

The list of names on this weak endorsement of Kamala is so static, I get the feeling some of them may be DEAD by now. Has anyone seen social media comments on this likely-hood?

Ok, I'll explain.

They are endorsing Harris and Walz. AND Walz!

That means not only were these people alive to endorse Harris a month ago, but also Walz since he joined her weeks ago.

These are all people who are alive now, 230 of them, but have worked for Republican administrations in the past. They all still identify Republican, but will vote for a Democrat in this election.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Ok, I'll explain.

That means not only were these people alive to endorse Harris a month ago, but also Walz since he joined her weeks ago.

These are all people who are alive now, 230 of them, but have worked for Republican administrations in the past. They all still identify Republican, but will vote for a Democrat in this election.

They kinda have to, since they have been outed as minor Progressives in the Republican party.

I noticed that you couldn't take the time to reply to my post.

Was it too long for you to read?

Just curious.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ok, I'll explain.

Several letters have been put together by one person without getting approval from every name on the list, or even making sure everyone on the list is still living.

Not that it matters much in this case, since the officials these people worked for weren't/aren't Trump-MAGA-AF supporters.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Well, for one thing, more than a few of those people are involved with the Bush family. We are talking Skull and Bones, CFR etc. how predictable.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Several letters have been put together by one person without getting approval from every name on the list, or even making sure everyone on the list is still living.

Not that it matters much in this case, since the officials these people worked for weren't/aren't Trump-MAGA-AF supporters.

It almost seemed like a letter that an AI would assemble. Given how it was quickly picked up by the media, I wouldn't put it past one of the talking heads to get the AI to do it either.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Agreed!! And politicians who keep saying the USA is a "democracy" should be immediately removed from office....we are a constitutional republic...that is much different than a "democracy".

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

The issue was that Saddam had Chemical Weapons. What should be discussed in another thread is how and why did Saddam know when to move his WMDs to Syria, and why didn't the intel agencies tell anyone about it until years later when pressed about the photos of truck trails going from known storage sites to Syria.

Those chemical weapons had been used in Iran and had been seen in use before during the first Gulf War. Where did they all go? Why was it that when Syria decided to no longer work with certain agencies that al-Assad had to be removed. I'm willing to bet that his dad had been taking money from those certain agencies to hold on to the chemical weapons. Like how all that money in the Sahara Desert was in Libya but was labeled for the American and International Red Cross, or how somehow everyone seems to have Bio-Labs in allied and adversarial countries.

We should re-examine the whole Iraq War someday.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This letter doesn't look official whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

It almost seemed like a letter that an AI would assemble. Given how it was quickly picked up by the media, I wouldn't put it past one of the talking heads to get the AI to do it either.

Desperation. I wouldn't want my name on a letter that contains lies about the next President. Especially one who is going to be pressured to deliver revenge, retribution, or however the election losers want to label the processes-to-come.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sylent7

If the letter were important to Trump supporters, the listed individuals would be contacted to get a feel for how many know their name is attached...is being used.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sylent7

If the letter were important to Trump supporters, the listed individuals would be contacted to get a feel for how many know their name is attached...is being used.

True, it would make sense to reach out to those individuals to confirm whether they’re aware of their names being used and if they support the letter’s claims.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Notice the date on this article: Sept. 29, 2023

The U.S. has finally finished eliminating its chemical weapons after starting the process in 1997.

Defense Official Says U.S. Will Continue to Lead in Chemical Weapons Disarmament
Reif, who oversees the Pentagon's chemical weapons demilitarization initiative, said reaching the milestone was no easy task. Nearly 3.5 million chemical munitions, 22,500 bulk containers, and more than 57,500 bottles of chemical agent were destroyed since the U.S. ratified the treaty.

He said doing so required dangerous, painstaking work to disassemble rounds "designed with the sole purpose of detonating on the battlefield and inflicting horrendous suffering on their victims."

"This achievement has relied on decades of hard work by thousands of military and civilian employees and contractors," Reif said. "As a nation we owe an enormous debt of gratitude to those who dedicated their time, talent and efforts to this mission."

Disposing of chemical weapons isn't quick, safe, or environmentally friendly. The U.S. disposal sites still have to get final cleanup and shut down. Which will take until 2028.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join