It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 200 Bush, McCain, Romney alums endorse Harris for president, criticize Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Link to Letter | Link to Article

I wrote this in a comment, but it should have its own thread.

These are the people that have worked in every other Republican administration, but Trump's. They are what Trump and MAGA would call RINOs, Republicans In Name Only.

But to them, they are Republicans -- for some of them their entire lives. Their parents and grandparents may have been Republican. And they were so conservative, and so Republican, they decided to go into public service to try to bring their conservative vision to fruition. But now, suddenly, they are only Republican on a name tag.

What Trump has achieved is mind-boggling. He has managed to splinter his party into factions, and now some of those factions are endorsing the opponent; not for their policies, but for what they all see as protection of our fragile democracy. Things have gotten pretty bad for the Republican party if they are trying to save democracy from their own nominee. Some Republicans think he's the messiah, Jesus' second coming, that he is sinless and without fault, and other Republicans think he's basically the anti-Christ, opposite of all that.

And he did this. He divided his own party, no one else did it. But he needs not only a unified Republican party to win, but also quite a few independents.

What kind of a message is it sending to the independents when you can't even hold your own party together?

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Same group who said Hunters laptop contents was a Russian trap.

Former Attorney General Barr labels them as "political whores".

Barr authorized firing squads in Nov 2020 for those found guilty of treason.

edit on 2682024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Trump should consider this a badge of honor. The Bush-Cheney administration was corrupt to the core. I could literally post examples for the next three days. McCain was a crook and an uber war-monger. Don't even get me started on what a pos Romney is.

Trump has Tulsi and Bobby in his corner now!

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

The usual RINO suspects, Mahogani.
You should remember their names from 2020 and 2016.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
And McCain doesn't count. Unless he plans on voting again from the Other Side......he's been dead since 2018....how OLD is that letter???????

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A damning indictment of Harris if you ask me. If I were endorsed by friends of Bush, McCain and Romney I'd drop out of the race because clearly at some point I must have suffered severe brain damage.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You are confusing Republican and Conservative as being the same thing. They are not. Just like not every Democrat is a liberal. In my state (NY) Democrat politicians run with conservative endorsement regularly. If you are not a R or D its all about staying on the state ballots. So as far as your OP, well Bush followers joining together with democrats is not a huge surprise from most of us on the right. It's more shocking the unquestioned acceptance of this from the same party that equated these very same people as war criminals over Iraq. Guess hating Trump, trumps anything else. Romney? Funny to see him suck up to who ever benefits Romney, he did require Trumps help to get elected and then turns and bites the hand that fed him. You may claim he did it over principles, but then that would contradict what was said about him when he ran VS Obama. Still not as big as former democrats turning around and endorsing Trump. McCain people? Who cares? We had his sequal and that didn't work out to well for her did it?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Why didnt they boot Trump, like Democrats did Biden?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

If only we could get Lindsey Graham to endorse Kamala.

link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
And McCain doesn't count. Unless he plans on voting again from the Other Side......he's been dead since 2018....how OLD is that letter???????

I just went through all 19 pages and John McCain's name is not on it as a signatory. Although if he could sign it from the grave, I'm sure he's trying.

As the letter says, it is the people that have worked for him. Regular ol' RINOs.

How old can it be? How many times have Harris and Walz run for office?

edit on 26-8-2024 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

link   

some of those factions are endorsing the opponent; not for their policies, but for what they all see as protection of our fragile democracy.

I wish I had a nickel for every time the Dems and RINOs play the "our democracy is at stake" card.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This is the bestest of days!

The current regime is now the party of Bush, Cheney and McCain.

What kind of a message is it sending to the independents when you can't even hold your own party together?

Exactly the message we've been trying to tell you for a decade.

Will you now listen?

link   
REVEAL YOURSELF !!!! 👺

Just kidding. Most of us know who these people are anyway.

But it is nice to see them all listed like this.

link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCain is now dead so will absolutely be voting democrat.

So yes, he counts.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I just went through all 19 pages and John McCain's name is not on it as a signatory. 

Top of the very first page.

Some people call it the title....

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
REVEAL YOURSELF !!!! 👺

Just kidding. Most of us know who these people are anyway.

But it is nice to see them all listed like this.

Didn't even need the Revelio Charm for this one.

They just came out and endorsed her all together. Although, I am wondering why the W. Bush people haven't joined them, if his dad's alumni have.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Ha !!! Talk about face palm.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I don't see a list of names...so who are these people exactly so I can weigh my level of GAF about who they endorse. Thats like a commercial saying 9 of 10 dentists support X product...then you later learn it was a poll of 100 dentist that have taken money from the company who makes product X in the form of incentives for selling said product.

What you posted literally means nothing with out those 200 names...the only names I see are of crooked politicans whom the left hated in their day.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

See, you're looking for the through logic that supports what the OP is claiming.

You must change your thinking to match the OPs.

They think that Rs are losing support from the likes of Bush, McCain and Cheney and the Ds are gaining it.

So this makes Rs losers and Ds winners......in the OPs perspective ....

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Here's some straws, keep grasping for them in your unhinged desperation.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
)

They just came out and endorsed her all together. .

I would love to see that picture.
RINOs and a guy dead since 2018.....that would be McCain

See, RINOS are part of the Uniparty. They are not conservative people at all.
RINOs are part of the problem, not the solution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join