It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 200 Bush, McCain, Romney alums endorse Harris for president, criticize Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

"Look guys, the people we called war criminals for two decades now support us! It must be because we're so heckin' liberal and these war criminals are now dedicated to doing what's best for the citizens, not because we've capitulated to the MIC and corporate lobbies! Yay liberalism!"

Enjoy your big coup.

I'm sure this will swing a lot of centrists and independents that can't afford their groceries, but who also want to fund a few more wars and 10,000 illegal immigrants a month while struggling to pay their bills. There must be dozens of them, dozens I tell you.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   

And this pleases the Democrats?

Clown World indeed. 🤡

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: LSU2018

Yeah there's a reason McCain and Romney lost, I'm not the only one who didn't vote in their elections.

And as members here are mostly MAGA, you're not alone. Many others here didn't vote for them.

But these are large groups of people who will get more people to go along with them.

Do you think Trump can afford to lose his own party vote to Harris? Their letter is to other moderate Republicans and conservative independents, not to MAGA. They are asking them to find courage, not for MAGA to flip.

Asking? more like begging, the RINOs have mostly been excommunicated and Trump is polling better than 2020.

Now we can argue its because the DNC is running an unlikeable incumbent VP or jettisoning the RINOs has made Trump so popular he can have 34 indictments,1 conviction, be hounded and impeached, FBI raided, almost assassinated, and still be in better shape to win than 2020.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Asking? more like begging, the RINOs have mostly been excommunicated and Trump is polling better than 2020.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about too. He splintered the party and now some of those 30% of the US that make up Republicans have been excommunicated. And now they're endorsing Harris. So can we say Republicans are 30% any more? Maybe 25%? 22%? How many were RINOs among all Republicans that are leaving, or not leaving but endorsing Harris?

I don't know if he is polling better than in 2020 or not, I don't know those numbers, but he sure is not polling very well at the moment.

This is from RedState. You all know RedState and just how far, far right it is? Here is what MediaBias has to say on them.

And here is their article, and their polling published today. Polled on Friday and Saturday and included some after Kennedy endorsed Trump.

Harris up by 4 among registered voters. Up by 7 among likely voters.

If that is polling well, what would you consider polling poorly?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
Trump should consider this a badge of honor. The Bush-Cheney administration was corrupt to the core. I could literally post examples for the next three days. McCain was a crook and an uber war-monger. Don't even get me started on what a pos Romney is.

Trump has Tulsi and Bobby in his corner now!

Definitely a badge of honor! I'm sure you feel the same way when certain people in real life or social media trash you for supporting Trump-MAGA. I glow with satisfaction when they "hate" me. 🥳

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't care how many people endorse either candidate. I think Trump is the lesser of two evils. I do not like the way the upper sects of the Democrat party are acting these days, so I have a right to vote how I want to vote. Trump is no saint, but even though he is pissed at the Democrats for targeting him, I feel he will still be better than Kamala/

I have only one vote and just do not want to vote for those in the Kamala campaign. If she wins, she will do it without my vote, and I will accept her as president. I think she might be better than Biden, at least we might save a lot of money if she does nothing during her presidency like she did in her vice presidency.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think she might be better than Biden, at least we might save a lot of money if she does nothing during her presidency like she did in her vice presidency.

Biden didn't do anything either.
The same people that were running him for the past several years...will be running her.
They took Joe out...and put Kamala in...and ALL without a single democrat vote.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about too. He splintered the party and now some of those 30% of the US that make up Republicans have been excommunicated. And now they're endorsing Harris. So can we say Republicans are 30% any more? Maybe 25%? 22%? How many were RINOs among all Republicans that are leaving, or not leaving but endorsing Harris?

I don't know if he is polling better than in 2020 or not, I don't know those numbers, but he sure is not polling very well at the moment.

This is from RedState. You all know RedState and just how far, far right it is? Here is what MediaBias has to say on them.

And here is their article, and their polling published today. Polled on Friday and Saturday and included some after Kennedy endorsed Trump.

Harris up by 4 among registered voters. Up by 7 among likely voters.

If that is polling well, what would you consider polling poorly?

Yeah polls a few days after an announcement woohoo, Trump is going to concede tonight or tomorrow

Polls work better from an aggregate and in a relationship to where the polling was the last time

Real Clear Politics has this but it is well documented elsewhere too, not to mention I got a few threads on polling that show where Im am when it comes to the polls.

For example, 270 to win shows Madame VP has 9 paths to 270 while Trump has 12 Trump is doing better in every battleground state than he did in 2020, significantly better

Furthermore, Kaplan not exactly highly rated according to 538 coming in 82nd in its pollster ratings, FWIW Kaplan was off in 2020 when they had Trump up huge in some states

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

and here is an article discussing this exact topic that refers to Kaplan

townhall.com... 38392#google_vignette

From your linky

redstate.com...

Kaplan said that while Trump is close, the Harris lead is now outside the margin of error.

The Harris lead is also outside the deviation error in national polling created by the fact that California and New York State make up roughly 15 percent of the population, but those states are virtually uncontested by Republicans. This means Democrats run up a tally of surplus votes in those two states, which have no impact on the Electoral College but are reflected in the national polling.

“This phenomenon means that if the Democrat is ahead of the Republican by three points, the race is essentially tied,” Kaplan said.
In the past, Likely Voter polls were considered the gold standard, so that once pollsters got closer to Election Day, all polls would be Likely Voters.

Likely Voter polls, however, have had an abysmal record capturing the true strength of Trump support, both in 2016 and 2020, both nationally and in the individual states.

Kaplan said that keeping the sample open to Registered Voters captures those voters who only vote for Trump and have no enthusiasm for voting in elections when Trump is not on the ballot.

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyeoftheHurricane
Bush Jr is third generation Bonesman… you know, “The Order of Skull and Bones” out of Yale and they mostly go on to become esteemed members of the CFR.
If you are new to genuine conspiracy theory… welcome to the wake-up call.
Bush Jr a right Hegelian ran against John Kerry a left Hegelian in 2004, it really wouldn’t have much mattered which one won ultimately. That is the left/right Hegelian dialectic embraced by the skull and bones secret society and the Russell Trust at Yale brought by people from Germany
An excerpt from Antony Sutton
www.scribd.com...

Vance is Skull and Bones too.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I'll ignore that fact that McCain sold out America for the price of fruit and teatime. What we need to remember is that this situation in Ukraine is a product of McCain and Graham interfering with the democratic process over there.

How much do you think that those people that worked with McCain, Romney and many others have made money from dealings with foreign assists that the public seems to ignore, and that this world crisis we are seeing has been nothing but profit for these people.

With all that said, the letter it's self is suspect given that it states that George Bush, the late McCain, and Romney came together. Did Bush and Romney dig up McCain or something?

As to the people, I guess those 200+ people don't want to get exposed for treason so they can't have Trump in charge now can they.

And that 2025 thing has never been a Trump approved program. Why does the media keep pushing it as if it was, or are they doing that to conceal that Obama 16 year plan that Trump's time in office messed up?

The last part of that letter cracks me up. I think it's due to Harris' bail out money for rioters, and Walz failure to protect his state from them as well.

We’re heartfully calling on these friends, colleagues, neighbors, and family members to take a brave stand once more, to vote for leaders that will strive for consensus, not chaos; that will work to unite, not divide; that will make our country and our children proud.

Those leaders are Vice President Kamala Harris and Gov. Tim Walz.

"not chaos" that's funny.

Oddly if someone was bored enough, the list of names on that letter could be fun to see what they are doing now, see where shills go to roost kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Neocon whores, all. None have seen a war they didn't support.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   

What kind of a message is it sending to the independents when you can't even hold your own party together?

As an independent, I have an easy answer.

It will be TLDR for some, but here goes...

Over the years, the Republican party turned into a bunch of Technocrats for what is now termed the Uniparty.

Progressive Republicans got the bills passed (See: The Patriot Act) so that their Progressive friends on the Democrat side could expand them and use them further.

The Republican party got an infestation of Progressives.

Not as badly as the Democrat party (that was completely taken over by Progressives in the 70's) but enough that both parties seemed pretty much the same to Independents.

Two wings of the same bird... the Uniparty.

Trump rocked the boat that is the Republican party.

Which needed done... the people you listed are Progressive(R) instead of Conservatives.

They don't belong in the Republican party.

At all.

So splintering the party was a needed thing.

Independents see it as the Republican party going back to their original values and will vote for that.

The Democrat party, however...

Even though they have the full force of the media to lie for them, most social media to back them, the current administration to wage lawfare on their enemies and we Independents have that thought in the back of our heads that the 2020 election was kinda weird mathematically...

Independents can still see that what they are peddling economically does not work for them.

Personally.

Independents are also getting up to speed on what Progressives are actually doing to America long term... a "Fundamental Transformation."

Yea... we don't want that.

The Republican party split because it needed to be purged of Progressives.

The Democrat party at this point needs taken out of power and dismantled before it does any more harm.

Because there are no Liberals now in the Democrat party leadership.

The Tulsi Gabbards and the RFKs and other actual Liberals... they abandoned ship.

Like Trump did.

Like Reagan did.

So there is nothing left to save.

edit on 100000008America/Chicago8pmMon, 26 Aug 2024 23:21:50 -050021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Things become clearer by the hour

And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.Rev18

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Do you have any receipts for that ?

I've thought he was probably a lizard person even before I learned he was a lawyer from an ivy league school.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: nugget1

Do you have any receipts for that ?

I've thought he was probably a lizard person even before I learned he was a lawyer from an ivy league school.

All you have to do is google his name to learn everything there is to publically know about him. He's aslo a lawyer; strike two.

I wish everybody would learn to research a candidate's history for themselves before voting; it might prevent continually voting for the same old swamp critters and end career politicians.
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Surely you don't think these establishment RINOs voted for Trump in '16 or '20.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think she might be better than Biden, at least we might save a lot of money if she does nothing during her presidency like she did in her vice presidency.

Biden didn't do anything either.
The same people that were running him for the past several years...will be running her.
They took Joe out...and put Kamala in...and ALL without a single democrat vote.

The same loons who yell into microphones how much they love Democracy and vow to preserve it.
🤪

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

What kind of a message is it sending to the independents when you can't even hold your own party together?

As an independent, I have an easy answer.

It will be TLDR for some, but here goes...

Over the years, the Republican party turned into a bunch of Technocrats for what is now termed the Uniparty.

Progressive Republicans got the bills passed (See: The Patriot Act) so that their Progressive friends on the Democrat side could expand them and use them further.

The Republican party got an infestation of Progressives.

Not as badly as the Democrat party (that was completely taken over by Progressives in the 70's) but enough that both parties seemed pretty much the same to Independents.

Two wings of the same bird... the Uniparty.

Trump rocked the boat that is the Republican party.

Which needed done... the people you listed are Progressive(R) instead of Conservatives.

They don't belong in the Republican party.

At all.

So splintering the party was a needed thing.

Independents see it as the Republican party going back to their original values and will vote for that.

The Democrat party, however...

Even though they have the full force of the media to lie for them, most social media to back them, the current administration to wage lawfare on their enemies and we Independents have that thought in the back of our heads that the 2020 election was kinda weird mathematically...

Independents can still see that what they are peddling economically does not work for them.

Personally.

Independents are also getting up to speed on what Progressives are actually doing to America long term... a "Fundamental Transformation."

Yea... we don't want that.

The Republican party split because it needed to be purged of Progressives.

The Democrat party at this point needs taken out of power and dismantled before it does any more harm.

Because there are no Liberals now in the Democrat party leadership.

The Tulsi Gabbards and the RFKs and other actual Liberals... they abandoned ship.

Like Trump did.

Like Reagan did.

So there is nothing left to save.

I have nothing intellegent to add, but damn...this bears repeating!

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Furthermore, Kaplan not exactly highly rated according to 538 coming in 82nd in its pollster ratings, FWIW Kaplan was off in 2020 when they had Trump up huge in some states

Yes, I know, they are very right wing... very, very right. That's why I posted that. And their polls and their methodology favor the Republicans and the Republican candidates. They are like Rasmussen, but I remember reading 538 dropped Rasmussen from the averages because they are too inaccurate. Kaplan may be more credible than Rasmussen.

And THEY have Harris as +7... they who favor Trump. Which means she's likely +10 or more at this point.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It's worth keeping an eye on.

But it's still better than the democrats and WWIII.
edit on 26-8-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join