It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Tim Walz Aggressively Manhandle His Son on Stage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Weak.

I wouldn't have Walz pick up the dog doots in my yard, but this is an overreach. He tried to steer his son away from walking into a stand. If a flash facial expression is enough to castigate someone, I'd have been incarcerated long ago. In fact, the one I probably have right now would be enough to put me in the Terre Haute complex.

This is the kind of substance-free nonsense that has me avoiding all the election nincompoopery. I already know, as I'm sure most of us do, who I'll not be voting for. This not only won't change anyone's mind, it's not worth attention.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/23/2024 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What's truly abusive is that haircut they gave him. Like they wanted to Garner sympathy so to make sure you knew he was slow they gave him an Edgar.

It's offensive really.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nuerodivergent. Just say Autistic. It covers the entire spectrum it is part of.

You do not handle a child with special needs like that. I have one. I would be sick to my stomach to see that. What I see is a man who gets angry at his child. I have also coached youth baseball for special needs kids.

Look at his face. The emotion. Body language. The child reached for his had and at first he did not take it. The son wanted his hand held a certain way. He has the actions of a short-tempered abusive parent.

No. I would not want him anywhere near my kids as a coach let alone the VP of America. Tim Kaine 2.0 with the weirdness.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The son has mental illness. It runs in Tims family. Tim went pretty easy on his son in this clip. Things are different off stage in the home.

BINGO. Tim is most likely an abusive dad.

You can tell from his facial expression in the OP video clip and from other clips this week.

I see it all the time with liberals and their children. Don't believe in spanking. The kids are all screwed up as they become teenagers.

(post by Threadbarer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm not seeing the problem.

He was a bit more rough then a mom would have been.

But all he did was steer his disabled kid out of the way of stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Gus Walz will treat his children and wife the same way. Gosh it's sad what Tim has set in motion with his abusive behavior.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Walz could've smacked his son on the back of the head, and the lefties would say "Oh, that's how you're supposed to handle a neurodivergent child. That's how you direct them."

Yet he didn't did he. Your clear wishes to paint him as abusive rely upon nothing more than a quick tug of his hand to escape banging into the telepromoter and help him within one second to gather in the family line and a grimace on the mans face in that split second. That ''interpretation'' has failed so an outlandish extrapolation into fantasy land was your next step.

The hypothetical example I used was to affirm that the left has two settings on their collective dials. Two "speeds", if you will. "Attack" and "Defend". If they view someone as an ally, they will defend whatever that person does or says. If they view someone as an opponent, they'll condemn everything they do. It really is that simple. It's also a fact.
It's where we got the "Everyone Who Disagrees With Me Is Literally Hitler" meme.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Oh we know the intent. After the MAGA crowd got called out for being absolutely disgusting for trying to mock Walz's son's outpouring of emotion they figured they had to come up with some other way to attack Walz. Especially after their own VP pick continues to demonstrate he has no idea how normal people behave.

Tell me you didn't see Walz being aggressive and impatient with his son.
Tell me you didn't see the expression on his face.

It's there for all to see if you are truly capable of seeing what's there.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: CarlLaFong

He was directing his son away from the teleprompter he was about to walk into.

Hor$e#! That teleprompter is 15 feet away, in front and to the side of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

No. I didn't see him being aggressive. I saw him guiding his son away from a teleprompter.

I do see how the DNC is selling Walz as "America's Dad" and the messaging is landing so the Right feels they need to prove that Walz is a bad father.

Meanwhile, Vance, the everyman that pulled himself up by his bootstraps, doesn't even know how to order a donut.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Tim Walz is a donut 🍩

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

A split second in a complex moment. And your idea that ' any paren knows the difference'' is also incorrect as I have been a parent for fifty years, a grand parent for thirty and a great grandparent for 7, Yes I do know the difference and what I saw as a grimace.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Yeah, that flip was very clear. Attack the son to attack the father then defend the son to attack the father. Simple Trumpian mode.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, he is a white male so maybe ol’ tampon was putting on a show for the base voters. Jerkin the enemy around on stage. I don’t see how Tim ever got elected to anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

And Vance has a polycule going on with a mid-century living room set.
edit on 23-8-2024 by Threadbarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

In a previous reply, I made the same observation of conservatives attacking Walz. Attack and then defend depending upon which tactic prevails. An I make no rebuttal that this same ploy is used by the left, it's rather common and hopes are that sooner or later we can all see that it's not a left or right thing but rather actions that are employed by people who want to control the narrative.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: 5thHead

And Vance has a polycule going on with a mid-century living room set.

Your fear of the nobody from Ohio is palpable.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you think your teenage son might hit a teleprompter 10 feet away you should make sure, WAY ahead of time, it is moved or cognizant of it. He reminds me of the kid of parent who could forget their kid in a car. How? You have a child. You protect that child and if you care enough, as the DNC is painting him, you would not have seen what happened last night? Again, I would have made sure my son/daughter was ready and taken care off. I did not see that. He pulled his hand away from his son and was trying to make him grasp his hand a specific way. Go back and watch. No compassion to me.

Is it child abuse? No. That would be an huge step. But seeing a man who cannot control his negative emotions for his own disabled son makes me wonder how he could help run a nation. I am sure he can fake a smile....

I believe kids should be left out of this. T

edit on 8232024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join