It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why abortion, particularly late term abortion, is so important to the democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Good morning, could you post the link to those bullet statements? I'd like the full context instead of the cherry-picked Cliff's Notes. THx.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Euronymous2625

The footage captures not only the heartless discussions surrounding organ harvesting but also details on how they manipulate medical procedures to avoid violating federal partial-birth abortion laws while still profiting from fetal tissue sales.

Seems like the issue is larger than the choice between the person and their Doctor.

Or do you normally support Doctors manipulating medical procedures to avoid violating federal laws?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Newly Released Undercover Video from 2015?

originally posted by: Annee
Not new. Film is from 2015.

A verdict awarded the plaintiffs more than $2.2 million on November 16, 2019, and Daleiden was instructed to pay $500,000 in compensatory damages (most of which will be tripled under federal racketeering law), as well as $870,000 in punitive damages to Planned Parenthood.

I hope this becomes part of the states rights debate on abortion.

Why?

It’s none of your business or anyone else’s

How dare strangers debate my reproductive choices.

My reproductive choices are not up for debate.

edit on am88America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How about the issue of Doctors manipulating procedures in order to avoid federal laws and regulations?

Is it possible for a person to be pro-abortion, believe the choice of an abortion should be made and carried out privately between a patient and their doctors.

And also believe that Abortion Doctors should follow local and federal laws? And that Big Abortion companies like planned Parenthood should dispose of the remains ethically?

The Gateway Pundit article is clearly very biased; but if even half of what they discribe was caught on tap I would never want the exposed Doctors to preform surgery on me or my wife or my daughters.

You can be pro-abortion and still accept that there are people and companies who should not be preforming them. When did every issue become so binary.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

A verdict awarded the plaintiffs more than $2.2 million on November 16, 2019, and Daleiden was instructed to pay $500,000 in compensatory damages (most of which will be tripled under federal racketeering law), as well as $870,000 in punitive damages to Planned Parenthood.

Why?

You have a choice to not reproduce or even take the risks.

You do not have a right to kill a baby

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625
This garbage again? 🙄

Abortion is an issue because it's nobody's business other than the patient and their doctor. Lawmaking, religious nutjobs should have ZERO say so in it.

legalize murder. Nice. edgy, but nice.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

A woman's body is her own concern, certainly not the state's.

And to think otherwise simply makes them a second-class citizen.

Property of sorts, chattel no less.

In most forward-thinking nations around the globe, abortion is generally allowed up to 24 weeks of pregnancy.

I can't see anything wrong with that.
edit on 9-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A woman's body is her own concern, certainly not the state's.

And to think otherwise simply makes them a second-class citizen a property of sorts, chattel no less.

I'm most forward-thinking nations around the globe abortion is generally allowed up to 24 weeks of pregnancy.

I cant see anything wrong with that.

why only 24 weeks? that clump of cells isn't a person until they can do dishes I think. I don't know the rules on that, but I just can't see why there are any limits on this, if "A woman's body is her own concern, certainly not the state's."

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Why?

As a voter in a state in the United States of America it is my business, I too have a vote. It is being debated as we speak within many families and groups. Laws in our country are something we should all be involved in making. The marijuana debate has lead to legalization in many states for example. We live in a democracy which means we are governed by the people and so long as the will of the people does not conflict with our constitution or bill of rights then so be it, the will of the people prevails. Our government is a constitutional republic and is also a democracy with certain writ limitations as I have just laid out. Don't get mad at me for explaing that, it is the way it has been since 1776.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Apparently its based on the concept of "viability".

Which is the point at which a fetus is generally considered capable of surviving outside the womb with medical assistance.

Aside from that concept, I'm not quite sure, to be honest.
edit on 9-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

How about the issue of Doctors manipulating procedures in order to avoid federal laws and regulations?

Sounds like doctors working within the law.

Is it possible for a person to be pro-abortion, believe the choice of an abortion should be made and carried out privately between a patient and their doctors.

Of course. Those people are called "pro-choice". Nobody is pro-abortion. That would be like being pro-unwanted pregnancy, or pro-fetal anomalies for more abortion!

And that Big Abortion companies like planned Parenthood should dispose of the remains ethically?

According to whose ethics? Fetal stem cell research has given us lots of medical advantages. What is the ethical difference between selling a dead 20 year old car crash victim's liver for medical research, or selling a fetal liver for medical research?

edit on 3220242024k47America/Chicago2024-08-09T11:47:32-05:0011am2024-08-09T11:47:32-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Sure:

ca.gov

ca.gov
ca.gov

My apologies. Got lazy as it was 3 different links.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Why?

If you can have reproductive issues at this stage of life, it would be of monumental importance. People over 70 rarely can get pregnant.
www.cbsnews.com...
you would make the news.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Apparently its based on the concept of "viability".

Which is the point at which a fetus is generally considered capable of surviving outside the womb with medical assistance.

Aside from that concept, I'm not quite sure, to be honest.

It almost sounds like at some point in the pregnancy, that clump of cells becomes a tiny human. I wonder, does that human have any inalienable rights?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If you want me, as a taxpayer, to help pay for it then it most certainly IS my business.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68
If you want me, as a taxpayer, to help pay for it then it most certainly IS my business.

I’m attest.

Tax churches.

It’s not about you. We all pay for stuff we don’t agree with.

link   

originally posted by: Moon68

True but even if I am not asked to pay I, we, have a voice and a vote as to the laws, the kind of state/country we want to live in.
edit on 9-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

link   

Your nation will be different, possibly even by state i suppose.

But here in the UK a fetus does not have legal personhood or rights until it is born.

And the rights of the pregnant woman are prioritised, particularly when it comes to decisions about her body and health.

Again the law allows abortion up to 24 weeks based on the balance between the rights of the woman and the developing fetus.

The debate is of a philosophical nature based on the law, ethics, and personal beliefs network dude as I'm sure you are aware.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It almost sounds like at some point in the pregnancy, that clump of cells becomes a tiny human.

At what point would that be?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It almost sounds like at some point in the pregnancy, that clump of cells becomes a tiny human.

At what point would that be?

I'm asking, not telling. You don't seem to have any limits, so who can make this call?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join