It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, democrats...how do you feel about your Nominee being selected for you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Joe Biden was not primaried.

Oh for the love of God ... you are thick.

Joe Biden had to go through the primary process just like anyone else in order to get the nomination. Every state had a primary. Did you crawl under a rock and go to sleep all through the spring? The primaries were on TV being reported. The winners of the primary in each state, even if running without competition, get the delegates. At the end, the delegates cast their ballots for the person who won them and that's how the party gets the nominee for that election.

Dean Phillips ran against Biden so he was not 'unchallenged' and it wouldn't have mattered anyways if he was 'unchallenged', she still has to go through the process.

Biden went through the primary process.

HERE ARE THE RESULTS OF THE 2024 DEMOCRATIC PRIMARIES

They happened.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes but how do you feel about having your choice and actual represtentation usurped? You seemed to have dodged that part of the OP...

How can you act like Trump will destroy democracy when your own party takes your choice/vote from you? Seems to me the left are the ones destroying democracy wouldn't you agree?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

How can you act like Trump will destroy democracy when your own party takes your choice/vote from you?

I can choose WHO to vote for, but I can't choose who my choices are. Not really.

Yes but how do you feel about having your choice and actual represtentation usurped?

I am currently represented by tons of people I never voted for. So are you.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't think folks understand.

They have no problem, even very happy, to have their vote and voice go unheard.

This is a good thing to them.

That is why when they cry "threat to democracy" you now get to laugh and mock.

When they cry "unqualified" you now get to laugh and mock.

When they cry "tyranny" you now get to laugh and mock.

(that is if you were not already laughing and mocking these husks of thinking humans)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
a reply to: spacedoubt

We were willing to pick a questionable candidate over Trump.

That's the problem.

Democracy was subverted, and you cheer.

They are both still presumptive nominees.
There hasn’t been a convention yet.
A lot of us expected an issue at the convention, a lot of us expressed our concern after his appearance at the debate.

The only real issue now is Trump sucking his thumb in a fetal position.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Joe Biden had to go through the primary process just like anyone else in order to get the nomination.

No. He didn't. I promise you that Joe Biden didn't have to do the stuff Marianne Willianson had to do.

Every state had a primary.

Yeah. Primaries aren't only for presidents.

But Joe Biden wasn't "primaried" in 2024, which is what I keep saying. Because he wasn't primaried, he didn't have much, if any, competition. That's by design. He didn't attend any debates to defend his policies. The Party accepts his policies without question, they are his platform, what he's running on, another 4 years to finish the job.

edit on 1720242024k44America/Chicago2024-08-07T13:44:17-05:0001pm2024-08-07T13:44:17-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

That's the problem.

A lot of us expected an issue at the convention, a lot of us expressed our concern after his appearance at the debate.

The only real issue now is Trump sucking his thumb in a fetal position.

So it's not real yet, is this what you're saying?

What if they do put in someone at the convention. Will you accept them too without a vote?

I think you're missing the point as much as you're missing the fact that a far left ticket is perfect for Trump to run against.

Your purity tests are self defeating.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

FFS ... I already posted the link showing the results of the 2024 Democrat presidential primaries. Biden was in them. Biden won them. Biden got the delegates. He went through the process. You keep doubling down on being wrong. Sucks to be you.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What would be the reaction if they pull the plug on this ticket at the convention?

Would anyone even frown about it? I'm not convinced.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

That's the problem.

That's not correct. The 'vote' has already taken place...just as I stated in the OP. There is no other vote to take place. The decision has already been made for you! No 'ifs', 'ands' or 'buts'; it's a done deal. You had no say; they made the decision (already) for you. There's nothing 'presumptive' about it. Period. There isn't. You can go look it up, every news outlet has the story. They held a "virtual vote" and selected the nominee, Kamala Harris. It's done. Finished.

Harris wins presidential nomination; virtual role call

The convention is purely academic; there is no vote to be taken. It's over.

No issue to be had. The "convention" is pure entertainment, the votes have already been cast. The official nominee is Harris.

Your vote already got made for you, whether you like it or not.

Kamala Harris was your choice; that's how you voted.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

No. This is not about defunding. This is about his plan to protect cops such as this one, to allow the bad ones free reign with no consequences while exoneratating people that were convicted of violently attacking the cops because they did it for him.
Most of the people in prison for 1/6 weren’t attacking cops. I vividly remember thousands of cops being attacked and federal employees being cemented in their federal buildings while rioters outside tried to burn them alive. Meanwhile democrats did nothing but encourage it and lobby for it to continue. Which is exactly what Kamala Harris did as well as her VP Walz. He watched his cities being destroyed and burned to the ground and did NOTHING as did other democrat leaders across the country. The democrats refused to call in the guard to help stop it until it was way past the point.

You really have zero moral high ground to grandstand on frogs. It’s always a guarantee that whenever the dems try and point the finger at the other side, they’re always doing the same thing but 10 times worse. I can always bank on that.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

From your link:

Biden didn't have any competition because, as the incumbent President, he wasn't primaried. Now maybe, if he'd have shown the same symptoms that he displayed at the debate, earlier, he would have been primaried. But, by the time we became aware something wasn't right with Joe, it was too late to primary him!

That's why we're where we are now. It was a brilliant political gamesmanship move to avoid being "primaried", to hand pick his heir, and keep all the money and delegates "in the family"

Plus, it knocked Trump off his game.

edit on 4220242024k59America/Chicago2024-08-07T13:59:42-05:0001pm2024-08-07T13:59:42-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

It is absolutely real. Absolute fact.

See my link above in my reply to Spacedoubt from AP. Done deal. Harris IS the democratic presidential nominee. No ambiguity at all.

edit on 8/7/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So you're gonna stick with the "we didn't know until the debate that Biden was mentally gone!' routine?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm just wondering what tangent these loons are on.

From justifications to denial to outright lies, they can't seem to keep their stories and talking points straight....

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if it was a rhetorical question or what, especially given Spacedoubt's reply which clearly begged the question. Hopefully I've put it to rest here. This was the whole point of the OP.

The denial, obfuscation and lies are staggering.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
From your link:

Oh my god ... seriously ... READ THE INFORMATION AT THE LINK. You showed two primaries that were cancelled. The rest of the primaries happened. And the two that got 'cancelled' the process still happened that the delegates from Delaware and Florida had to get awarded to Biden who was still in at the time. Biden still had to collect the delegates and they still have to vote on him.

I'm done talking about this. It's too f'n stupid to keep spoon feeding you.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So you're gonna stick with the "we didn't know until the debate that Biden was mentally gone!' routine?

It doesn't matter. Biden wasn't primaried. Maybe he would have been...IF. But, I think that's the brilliance of their plan. Or, dumb luck.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

You are incorrect. The peaceful protesters are not in jail needing a pardon. The "political hostages" that Trump plays their "choir song" at rallies are convicted Seditionists and violent criminals.

This is not about me, or Dems. Again it is about the candidate on the campaign trail promising cops who are similar to the one charged with first degree murder for shooting a woman who called about an intruder in the face that they "will get their power back" and be " immune from Prosecution".

Additionally promising to pardon violent cop assaulters because they did it for him. Obviously the only reason because it's opposite his "Law and Order" " Back the Blue!" stance.

I'm supposed to be paying attention to Trump right? " Don't listen to the media!" " "Listen to Trump’s policies!" Yeah, I did. Loud and clear.
edit on 7-8-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

The trespassing and improperly used, per SCOTUS, interference charges disagree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join