It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, democrats...how do you feel about your Nominee being selected for you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Speaking of freedom, 'liberty and justice for all'...how do you feel about your presidential nominee being selected for you in the middle of the night, behind closed doors...for the first time in history?? I'm looking at you, Michigan, and California (among others). How do you feel about your party changing the rules concerning the elections without your input?

Your state's delegates weren't allowed to vote in a public process. Nope, they had to do it behind closed doors where they could coerce any holdouts or delegates for candidates other than Harris.

Doesn't feel very 'representative democracy' / 'constitutional republic' to me...how about you?

What if your delegates wanted to vote for someone else? More importantly, what if YOU wanted one of your delegates to vote for someone else? Now you'll never know if they even tried. Were you "represented"?? Sure doesn't look like it to me.

edit on 8/7/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Clearly voting never mattered, and now the 1% are out in the open about that, they are no longer hiding this fact.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Democrats....

Aren't they the same ones who cried "threat to democracy" for like a decade?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Democrats....

Yep! Imagine that!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Democrats....

Now I simply reply “I can’t afford your democracy”.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I live in Michigan.

We are used to it.

Just ask ole Gretch about the turbines and solar panels people voted NOT to have in their townships.
Hint: She can know override that and put them in anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Back in 2020, Biden pretty much made it clear that he knew he was old, and didn't have plans to run again in 2024, should he win in 2020. But, he said, "I would never say that, because as soon as you say that, you're a Lame Duck".

But, I got to admit, I was pretty depressed when he kept on, and defied calls for him to step aside. Democrats felt hopeless and betrayed by Joe. But, it was Joe Biden's call, as an incumbent. Not ours. Joe Biden was not primaried this year, because he's the incumbent. We Democrats wanted him to step aside, but we would have voted for his rickety ass anyway.

Now, in retrospect, I think his administration orchestrated the whole thing! His Covid, the seeming pressure from party leaders, and finally Biden's act of humbly and selfishly stepping aside, passing the torch to a younger generation and set of leaders. We were all played, Trump, the Republicans, the Democrats, the media, and everyone in between!

There's no other explanation. Joe comes off looking like a hero, a big part of the Convention will be dedicated to him. There's tons of money for Kamala's campaign, the party is united, happy, excited, and Kamala's numbers are soaring.

We were played, and I'm impressed!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The people voted for Kamala for Vice President.

It was always a possibility in 2020 that the 70 year old man could kick the bucket for both parties. Hence the whole point of a Vice President.

If Trump gets too old to perform his duties, nobody is going to say, who the hell voted for Vance because he's on the ticket.

Conservatives are upset that the Democrats put up a better candidate and would rather the blue team be stuck with running Biden, yet want to complain about fairness?

Let's see if the Republicans can actually win the popular vote this time around against a pre selected candidate.

How do Republicans feel about losing to a preselected nominee?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Back in 2020, Biden pretty much made it clear that he knew he was old, and didn't have plans to run again in 2024, should he win in 2020. But, he said, "I would never say that, because as soon as you say that, you're a Lame Duck".

Yet he also said that it would take his maker to command him in order to drop out of the 2024 race a few days prior to his shameful post on the X platform.

But you keep making excuses and doing your betters bidding. I'm sure it'll work out......

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

Conservatives are upset that the Democrats put up a better candidate and would rather the blue team be stuck with running 

Better than who exactly?

All the information available shows that she dropped out at the bottom of the pack in the 2020 primaries.

But don't let those facts interrupt your fantasy.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The people always get the leaders they deserve.

"We were played, and I'm impressed!"

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

Nobody voted for Kamala. She was so unpopular that the only time she polled over 1% was when she called Biden out for being racist. She was unseen for 99% of the last 4 years and yall didn't like her until the media told you to like her.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Yet he also said that it would take his maker to command him in order to drop out of the 2024 race a few days prior to his shameful post on the X platform.

Yep. Biden kept saying, in so many words, that he was not going to step aside. Until he did.

And, the timing of Biden's withdrawal foiled Trump like a pin bursting his rising balloon, the bump he got from his assassination attempt and Republican National Convention.

It was either dumb luck, or brilliant political gamemanship.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
But, it was Joe Biden's call, as an incumbent. Not ours.

Actually it was your call. The PRIMARIES. That's when Democrats voted on who they wanted. And they picked Joe Biden. It's who the Democrat elites pushed forward. It's who the donors pushed forward. And it's who the voters chose.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It is whatever you want it to be strategically speaking.

Objectively, your betters installed their candidate. A candidate that the people rejected with absolute certainty.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

We Democrats wanted him to step aside, but we would have voted for his rickety ass anyway.

And that friends and neighbors is why I believe Democrats are brainwashed past the point of no return. They knew Joe was/is incompetent, but would vote for him again anyway, despite the damage he's done to this country. They would rather elect a demented failure and let this country go to hell than lose to Trump.

Win at all costs. Doesn't matter that your country is falling apart around you, you get to say your team won.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Yep. Biden kept saying, in so many words, that he was not going to step aside. Until he did.

And, the timing of Biden's withdrawal foiled Trump like a pin bursting his rising balloon, the bump he got from his assassination attempt and Republican National Convention.

It was either dumb luck, or brilliant political gamemanship.

"Sir the assassination attempt failed, we're going to have to go to plan B"

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

but would vote for him again anyway, despite the damage he's done to this country. They would rather elect a demented failure and let this country go to hell than lose to Trump.

Win at all costs. Doesn't matter that your country is falling apart around you, you get to say your team won.

I would have voted for Joe Biden's rickety ass over Trump's rickety ass BECAUSE of the damage Trump has done to this country and because Trump was a demented failure as president and he left this country in the depths of hell, because he lost to Joe Biden.

Now Trump promises revenge. authoritarianism and moral ruin for our nation. You betcha, I'd vote for a corpse before I'd vote for Trump!

edit on 2820242024k31America/Chicago2024-08-07T11:31:28-05:0011am2024-08-07T11:31:28-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join