It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, democrats...how do you feel about your Nominee being selected for you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by OmegaLogos removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I find it pretty incredulous that our resident democrats will suddenly find this all okay.

I most certainly wouldn't find it okay if this was done with Trump...or anyone else. I've given you dems a perfect opportunity to express your disappointment and dismay, and you still don't even have the common decency to admit you've been railroaded here, but this time you're lying to yourselves.

You're angry about this, and you know it, but you just can't admit that your party doesn't give a sh!t what you think, or what you want; they'll make all the decisions for you. Clearly your party feels you're not smart enough to make decisions on your own, so they've taken it upon themselves to make your decisions for you. Unreal.

I might be conservative, but I'd be screaming bloody murder if the republicans tried to pull this sh!t on the right, and I cannot believe the left isn't equally as mad. You have NO control over your own party, ZERO. They can jamb whatever they want down your throat's and you'll just eat it up. Just unbelievable to me!

Your party is going to do whatever they damn well please, and you're going to like it...because you're not going to be given any other choice. Man, that's got to sting. It doesn't take a 5th grader to know there were plenty of other WAY more qualified democratic candidates for president than Harris, but you got no say in the matter. Instead, nope, you got treated like a bunch of 3rd graders. Just think, you could have had a candidate which would further the aims of your party and its agenda. Do you honestly think Harris will be able to do any of this? She can barely speak a single coherent sentence without stumbling into some esoteric meaningless drivel and word salad.

Back EONS ago, in 2020, Harris couldn't even get 1% of the delegate's votes...even in her home state of California! And now, your party has decided on your behalf Harris is now suddenly qualified to run the most powerful country in the free World.

And...not one of you will say a single peep about it! WOW!! Just WOW!! Really goes to show the intelligence level of your party and all of its members.

edit on 8/7/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Annee
VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

That's not how it works.
She doesn't automatically get the slot because she's Vice President.
Only if he leaves office does she automatically become President.
She has to go through the primaries and/or the delegate vote just like anyone else.
There is no automatic 'succeeding' of the Vice President to get on the ticket.

Correct.

In 2028 Vance will have to win the primaries against Desantis, Vivek, probably Haley again, and whoever else gains momentum over the next 4 years.

It's a given, because Trump will be a Lame Duck from Day 1, if elected. Joe Biden didn't become a Lame Duck until he said he wasn't running after all.

Waiting until after the primaries and after the Republican National Convention for Joe to drop-out was a brilliant move on the Democrats' part, IMO, if they wanted to keep the same administration for 4 more years and avoid all messiness of turning Biden into a Lame Duck too early.

Nah. A lame duck is when the incumbent isn’t voted in Sookie.

This isn’t that with regards to Harris and Biden.

Nice try though.

link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

You sound triggered. Sad...

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it.

link   

VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

That's not how it works.
She has to go through the primaries and/or the delegate vote just like anyone else.

Correct.

In 2028 Vance will have to win the primaries against Desantis, Vivek, probably Haley again, and whoever else gains momentum over the next 4 years.

It's a given, because Trump will be a Lame Duck from Day 1, if elected. Joe Biden didn't become a Lame Duck until he said he wasn't running after all.

Waiting until after the primaries and after the Republican National Convention for Joe to drop-out was a brilliant move on the Democrats' part, IMO, if they wanted to keep the same administration for 4 more years and avoid all messiness of turning Biden into a Lame Duck too early.

“The way the democrat party subverted democracy and their voters was brilliant” 🤡

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I find it pretty incredulous that our resident democrats will suddenly find this all okay.

They've proven time and time again that they can rationalize literally anything.

ANYTHING

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It's honestly shocking to read the words you just typed in response to my comment. Honestly.

If we rewound the clock back to 2019, and Trump fell on his head and dropped out of the race, I (and a whole lot of other Americans) would have been mad as a hornet's nest after getting hit with a golf club if they would have pulled something like this with Pence. Same would have gone for Cheney or Quayle. Same would have gone for Palin if McCain had dropped out.

This country is based on a system of electing presidents, and "The People" have the ultimate say in who that is. No, the people do not elect the president directly, but the electors do, and they represent the wishes of the people. For 247 consecutive years this has been the case, and not once has a president been elected contrary to the votes of the electors. Now, 248 years later, the democrats have taken it upon themselves to break with this tradition. Why? Because your party is out of control, and you have no say in what they do. Do you know what definition this fits into? It's called a dictatorship, which flies in the face of a representative democracy. How can you possibly deny this, and/or be 'okay' with this in ANY capacity??

Democrats were given exactly ZERO say in selecting Harris, and I would put good money down betting had it been left to the people, the democratic people, Harris would NOT have been the candidate chosen.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

That's not how it works.

Correct.

Nah. A lame duck is when the incumbent isn’t voted in Sookie.

This isn’t that with regards to Harris and Biden.

Nice try though.

In politics, a lame duck or outgoing politician is an elected official whose successor has already been elected or will be soon.[1] An outgoing politician is often seen as having less influence with other politicians due to their limited time left in office.

Conversely, a lame duck is free to make decisions that exercise the standard powers with little fear of consequence, such as issuing executive orders, pardons, or other controversial edicts. Lame duck politicians result from term limits, planned retirement, or electoral losses, and are especially noticeable where political systems build in a delay between the announcement of results and the taking of office by election winners. Even at the local level, politicians who do not seek re-election can lose credibility and influence. Uncompleted projects may fall to the wayside as their influence diminishes.

en.wikipedia.org...(politics)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

A party's incumbent president is the head of their party. As such, they don't primary themselves. By law they can't stop people from running against them, but they rarely, if ever, acknowledge thier challengers and never share a debate stage with them.

You are moving the goal posts.

You said the incumbent doesn't do primaries and that Biden didn't.

you are flat out wrong.

The president who is in office still has to go through the primary process. It doesn't matter if he debates or not. It doesn't matter if he 'acknowledges the challengers' or not. He still has to go state by state through primaries and get the delegate votes to be the nominee, same as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This country is based on a system of electing presidents, and "The People" have the ultimate say in who that is.

Not really. Not at a party level.

Court Concedes DNC Had the Right to Rig Primaries Against Sanders

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's a given, because Trump will be a Lame Duck from Day 1, if elected.

Donald Trump being a lame duck president has ZERO to do with the fact that Vance would still have to go through the primary process same as anyone else.

Waiting until after the primaries and after the Republican National Convention for Joe to drop-out was a brilliant move on the Democrats' part,

Oh just stop. The Democrats didn't wait to have Joe drop out at a special time. Biden said that only God coming down from Heaven and telling him to drop out would make him drop out ... but what made him leave was pressure from Pelosi and Obama and Donors and elected Democrats in congress and senate. This was a case of trying to take the car keys away from grandpa and he didn't want to give them up. There was no strategy involved. They pushed Joe out as fast as they could and as soon as they could.

Good grief!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ou are moving the goal posts.

You said the incumbent doesn't do primaries and that Biden didn't.

Not what I said. Read it again.

Actually it was your call. The PRIMARIES.

No. President Joe Biden was the incumbent. Joe Biden was not primaried. The choice was Joe Biden's to make, and only Joe Biden's to make.

The president who is in office still has to go through the primary process.

What does that process look like, for an incumbent president. Please be specific.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Not what I said. Read it again.

Yes it is. You said this - Joe Biden was not primaried.

What does that process look like, for an incumbent president. Please be specific.

Exactly the same as someone who isn't already in office. The POTUS still has to declare that he's running, he still has to go state by state to win primary elections, and he still has to get enough delegates to win the primary process and be named the nominee.

Exactly the same.

You were wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Donald Trump being a lame duck president has ZERO to do with the fact that Vance would still have to go through the primary process same as anyone else.

Silly! Vance would be running for a 2nd term as Trump's VP, not against Trump for POTUS. The Republican party would not be encouraging any Trump/Vance challenges, especially with Trump as the head of the Republican Party and his DIL as a Co-Chair on the Republican National Committee.

Joe Biden was not primaried.

Joe Biden was not primaried.

In U.S. politics, a primary challenge is when an incumbent holding elective office is challenged by a member of their own political party in a primary election. Such events, known informally as "being primaried," are noteworthy and not frequent in the United States, as traditionally political parties support incumbents, both for party unity and to minimize the possibility of losing the seat to an opposing party. In addition, officeholders are frequently seen as de facto leaders of their party, eligible to establish policy and administer affairs as they see fit. A primary challenge thus interferes with this "spoil of office," and is largely discouraged.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5020242024k17America/Chicago2024-08-07T13:17:50-05:0001pm2024-08-07T13:17:50-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The Republican party would not be encouraging any Trump/Vance challenges,...

Vance still has to go through the primary process like anyone else.
The number of challengers is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

LOL! So then you agree your party is corrupt, lacks any moral compass and is making decisions for you without any input from you, right?

What happened to Sanders was WRONG! I don't even like the guy, and I thought it was wrong from the start. I was even mad about it because I felt if that could happen to him it could, in theory, happen to anyone. Sanders got robbed, and I don't think I need to remind you who the perpetrator was, right?

edit on 8/7/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
The people voted for Kamala for Vice President.

It was always a possibility in 2020 that the 70 year old man could kick the bucket for both parties. Hence the whole point of a Vice President.

How do Republicans feel about losing to a preselected nominee?

Fact: Kamala Harris was Selected by Joe Biden to be his VP in 2020. Many people still believe, be it true or not, that the election was stolen through the act of fraud. On to the point:

"It was always a possibility in 2020 that the 70 year old man could kick the bucket for both parties. Hence the whole point of a Vice President."

The OP was referring to now, 2024 presidential race. C+ for the attempt at deflection.

"How do Republicans feel about losing to a preselected nominee?"
Won't know how it feels until the election results are in and if the Republicans have lost. A+ though for the better quality deflection!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

LOL! So then you agree your party is corrupt,

Is it corrupt if it's legal? There's a lot of things in government and politics that are immoral and disdainful, but legal. It's not up to me to right the ship of Wrong.

I just do what I think is best for me and mine. That would be to vote Democrat. But, if Trump wins, Trump; who I think is immoral and disdainful, then I have to live with it, don't I?
edit on 2120242024k22America/Chicago2024-08-07T13:22:21-05:0001pm2024-08-07T13:22:21-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

They've proven time and time again that they can rationalize literally anything.

ANYTHING

Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything.🤷🏻

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The Republican party would not be encouraging any Trump/Vance challenges,...

Vance still has to go through the primary process like anyone else.
The number of challengers is irrelevant.

No, he wouldn't. That is, unless Trump made him audition for VP again, which I could see happening.

In U.S. politics, a primary challenge is when an incumbent holding elective office is challenged by a member of their own political party in a primary election. Such events, known informally as "being primaried," are noteworthy and not frequent in the United States, as traditionally political parties support incumbents, both for party unity and to minimize the possibility of losing the seat to an opposing party. In addition, officeholders are frequently seen as de facto leaders of their party, eligible to establish policy and administer affairs as they see fit. A primary challenge thus interferes with this "spoil of office," and is largely discouraged.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join