It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, democrats...how do you feel about your Nominee being selected for you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Actually it was your call. The PRIMARIES.

No. President Joe Biden was the incumbent. Joe Biden was not primaried. The choice was Joe Biden's to make, and only Joe Biden's to make.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Me too. Heck I certainly would after watching older 110lb Sonya Massey get shot in the face by the cop, now charged with first degree murder, while Trump is on the campaign trail telling us he will give the police "their power back" and that he will make them "immune from prosecution".

Then simultaneously promising pardons to men convicted and in jail because they were caught on camera fracturing the skull and breaking bones of cops protecting the Capitol because these people did it for Trump.

edit on 7-8-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It wasn't brilliant, the failed assassination attempt will be the icing on the cake when the alt-left is left screaming at the sky again and crying about a rigged election like they did in 2016 because it's never rigged unless the dems lose.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Actually it was your call. The PRIMARIES.

No. President Joe Biden was the incumbent. Joe Biden was not primaried. The choice was Joe Biden's to make, and only Joe Biden's to make.

Yea, that's not how it works nor how it's ever worked.

Your betters chose the candidate for you. And now you're stretching to justify it.

Always a spark in there Sookie, but never fully turns on.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

Not how it works.

But do try to justify the blatant tyranny....

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Me too. Heck I certainly would after watching older 110lb Sonya Massey get shot in the face by the cop, now charged with first degree murder, while Trump is on the campaign trail telling us he will give the police "their power back" and that he will make them "immune from prosecution".

Then simultaneously promising pardons to men convicted and in jail because they were caught on camera fracturing the skull and breaking bones of cops protecting the Capitol because these people did it for Trump.

Yes of course. Defund the police until you need them. Democrats.... 😂😂😂

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Speaking of freedom, 'liberty and justice for all'...how do you feel about your presidential nominee being selected for you in the middle of the night, behind closed doors...for the first time in history?? I'm looking at you, Michigan, and California (among others). How do you feel about your party changing the rules concerning the elections without your input?

They will have to wait for MSNBC to tell them how to feel about it, but I assume they will be told to feel ecstatic.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I wish more of our liberal members would chime in on this topic. I wouldn't blame them for being upset and feeling cheated if they'd have the courage to admit it. The Dems, and practically everyone else, have been dreading a possible Harris presidency for over four years!!

How can she be this popular all the sudden? Do they realize how that makes them look??

They're just bots. Automatons. Not even respected enough to have their vote count.

It's really okay to be upset. It's a good sign that some are still in control of some of their capacities.

Let'r rip!!

edit on 7-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Wrong. There were primaries for Democrats across the entire country in the Spring. Biden went through the primaries. Only one person ran against him. Dean Phillips. The Democrats had an opportunity to run other people. They did not. Biden had to get the delegates and win the nomination.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

No. This is not about defunding. This is about his plan to protect cops such as this one, to allow the bad ones free reign with no consequences while exoneratating people that were convicted of violently attacking the cops because they did it for him.

You don't see a problem here? I mean if you want I can play that game too... Law and Order! Back the Blue! Oh, except you guys who were doing it on my behalf.

These two things are separately and equally bad.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

That's not how it works.
She doesn't automatically get the slot because she's Vice President.
Only if he leaves office does she automatically become President.
She has to go through the primaries and/or the delegate vote just like anyone else.
There is no automatic 'succeeding' of the Vice President to get on the ticket.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
No. This is not about defunding.

Yes it is.
AOC "when we say defund the police, we mean defund the police"

Washington Examiner - AOC says Defund the Police means Defund the Police

The suckers who have spent the last few weeks arguing that “defund the police” does not literally mean “defund the police” should be feeling pretty annoyed right now with Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The way the freshman congresswoman tells it, “defund” means exactly what it sounds like.

On Tuesday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and the City Council reached a tentative deal to cut $1 billion from the New York Police Department, “though nearly half will be through shifting school safety from the police to the Department of Education,” according to Gotham Gazette senior reporter Samar Khurshid.

Ocasio-Cortez, who represents New York’s 15th District, did not take the news well.

“Defunding police means defunding police,” she said in a statement. “It does not mean budget tricks or funny math."

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Tired of explaining it, so

We were willing to pick a questionable candidate over Trump.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I stated 2 specific reasons that are sufficient to not vote the candidate for me based on what he said on the campaign trail.

Avoiding the topic and what about AOC has absolutely nothing to do with what he told us he plans on doing when elected.

I don't and can't vote for AOC.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Clay,

You know like I that the Dems are no longer about democracy or any kind of transparency or accountability, especially where voting mischief is concerned.

I'd say the USA would be better off if the Dems disappeared overnight, but the core of the problem is that politics in the USA revolve around a two party system, and there isn't even the semblance of a third party that could become one of the those two parties.

Thus, the Dems have to reform themselves ... but with the track they're on now, it looks more likely that their party will at some point split between what remains of the moderates and the stuck-on-woke.

Cheers
edit on 7-8-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Yet he also said that it would take his maker to command him in order to drop out of the 2024 race a few days prior to his shameful post on the X platform.

Yep. Biden kept saying, in so many words, that he was not going to step aside. Until he did.

And, the timing of Biden's withdrawal foiled Trump like a pin bursting his rising balloon, the bump he got from his assassination attempt and Republican National Convention.

It was either dumb luck, or brilliant political gamemanship.

Oh you mean how he wasn’t shot to death.

Got it.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

We were willing to pick a questionable candidate over Trump.

That's the problem.

Democracy was subverted, and you cheer.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Only one person ran against him. Dean Phillips.

He dropped out. The only person remaining, trying to get Democrats' votes for President was Marianne Williamson. Biden didn't debate her.

A party's incumbent president is the head of their party. As such, they don't primary themselves. By law they can't stop people from running against them, but they rarely, if ever, acknowledge thier challengers and never share a debate stage with them.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

That's not how it works.
She has to go through the primaries and/or the delegate vote just like anyone else.

Correct.

In 2028 Vance will have to win the primaries against Desantis, Vivek, probably Haley again, and whoever else gains momentum over the next 4 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: FlyersFan

VP succeeding President.

Shocking.

Molehill meet Mountain.

That's not how it works.

Correct.

In 2028 Vance will have to win the primaries against Desantis, Vivek, probably Haley again, and whoever else gains momentum over the next 4 years.

It's a given, because Trump will be a Lame Duck from Day 1, if elected. Joe Biden didn't become a Lame Duck until he said he wasn't running after all.

Waiting until after the primaries and after the Republican National Convention for Joe to drop-out was a brilliant move on the Democrats' part, IMO, if they wanted to keep the same administration for 4 more years and avoid all messiness of turning Biden into a Lame Duck too early.

edit on 3120242024k23America/Chicago2024-08-07T12:23:31-05:0012pm2024-08-07T12:23:31-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join