It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump goes where no other candidate is willing to go and calls out Kamala for identity politics

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

she pledged to Alpha Kappa Alpha

a reply to: Threadbarer
just sayin'

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated ® (AKA), an international service organization, was founded on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C. in 1908. It is the oldest Greek-letter organization established by African American college-educated women.

Alpha Kappa Alpha is actually an African-American soriety, she is not African-American. Go figure.

edit on 3-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I corrected that thanks! I did know better as I spent some time researching. Thanks for catching that.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

She isn't "suddenly" black. Don't rely on Fox to accurately tell you she's only recently black. Even the rest of the clip Fox has been using, she states she is "half" Indian, but they neglected that part.

I love all these people who seem to know what it is to be bi-racial and you must never refer to only one side as part of your heritage. If when she was elected she may have not been the first black woman, but she was the first Indian woman. As she is both.

Prefer to just use the one drop rule again to make things easier for boomers to understand?

ATS has referred to her as black for a long time. I previously linked to a thread referring to her as black in the title of it. Now Dear Leader questions it and y'all fall in line? Yikes.

Has Vance decided which race his children must decide on? I mean heaven forbid they mention white at one point and Indian at another.

edit on 3-8-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

If you want to be pedantic, she is African-American as Jamaica is part of the Americas and her ancestors were brought there from Africa as part of the slave trade.

That said, AKA was not formed as an African-American sorority as the term did not exist at the time. It was simply a sorority created for Black women who were deprived of taking part in Greek life up to that point in time.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If you want to be pedantic, she is African-American as Jamaica is part of the Americas and her ancestors were brought there from Africa as part of the slave trade.

I'd much rather American.
If you are born here just be an American.
Not African-American, European-American, Asian-American, South American-American or Australian-American just American. If you were born here or have become naturalized than your an American and be grateful because it's the best country, least racist and provides any and all the opportunity to be successful. Identity politics is wrong, we should all be proud to be American. No pandering, no fake accents or upbringing. Just be an American and support the constitution and bill of rights and you'll be fine.
Sadly, Kamala does not do that and that is why she should not be president. She has had a privelaged life and does not appreciate it, we should all be disgusted by it.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

You can hide it all you want but her father was part of the wealthy elite of Jamaca.

He wasn't your average poor descendant of slaves. Cruel slave owners didn't educate slaves and let them inherit wealth.

She benefited from having a wealthy, elite father - and he was wealthy and elite because of slave ownership.

All I'm saying is Harris should acknowledge all the benefits she obtained - it's same the thing she is asking all other white women.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

Please link to his paternal grandmother receiving money from her master. I can link to the slave owner himself receiving 24,000 after he lost his 1120 slaves due to the passage of the British Slavery Absolution Act of 1883, but there is certainly no information he passed any of that money on to his former slaves.

And that's certainly not all you're saying. You made it a point, like some sort of gotcha that she has slave holder ancestry. Without having any knowledge of why so many people of color have that same ancestry and it's not good. Perhaps if schools didn't white wash history, you would have known this.
edit on 3-8-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Tell that to Native Americans?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

Considering there no records showing Harris is descended from Hamilton Brown, how do you know he was educating his slaves and letting them inherit wealth?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Then ask a question. He answered those. The issue is that now it is a 30 second why you are evil pre-speech. You know what she did. No real questions.

Q-Whats a black job? A - A job a black person can get.....

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So, if I was 3% Italian, 75% Irish and 22% American Indian am I Italian, Irish, or Native American?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

They stole land too. Before governments are formed land is taken by force, everywhere. Different indian tribes took land by force from other Indian tribes, it was the way the world worked back then and to some extent today.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Know many?

I do.

They love their heritage. Which includes being American.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You know the Indians were savage and slave owners. Every people throughout the world, throughout history, conquered.

What you probably don’t picture are Cherokee slaveholders, foremost among them Cherokee chief John Ross. What you probably don’t picture are the numerous African-American slaves, Cherokee-owned, who made the brutal march themselves, or else were shipped en masse to what is now Oklahoma aboard cramped boats by their wealthy Indian masters. 

“Obviously,” Smith said, “the story should be, needs to be, that the enslaved black people and soon-to-be-exiled red people would join forces and defeat their oppressor.” But such was not the case—far from it. “The Five Civilized Tribes were deeply committed to slavery, established their own racialized black codes, immediately reestablished slavery when they arrived in Indian territory, rebuilt their nations with slave labor, crushed slave rebellions, and enthusiastically sided with the Confederacy in the Civil War.”

it is a brutal world, history tells tales of slavery barbaric conquering of peoples from every corner of the globe

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You said it yourself. You're 3% Italian, 75% Irish and 22% American Indian.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yes I'm aware of brutality throughout history.

Not sure what that has to do with people thinking it's some kind of "gotcha" to get Harris by bringing up an ancestral slave owner, especially as they have no idea why that happens in lines of people of color.

But hey. For like the 5th time, run with that and see how it plays with voters.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not sure what that has to do with people thinking it's some kind of "gotcha" to get Harris by bringing up an ancestral slave owner

a reply to: frogs453

The current human trafficking, children being sold into the sex markets and organ harvesting going on right now because of the open border policies of the Biden/Harris administration is being ignored. "Coyotes" raping the children, the cartels making billions of $$.
So spare me the "indian land" from 225 years ago or the "slave trade" from 400 years ago. Hell, why not no back to BC. Currently we have the most human trafficking of all kinds going on and so many children have been "lost" in the system last year. This was 100% avoidable. Congressional hearings where DHS said they just don't know what happened. Spare me.

Under Joe Biden, Have 85,000 Undocumented Children Gone 'Missing'?

Kamala the border czar, ya

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Ok. So you're going to run with Harris has a slave owning ancester then? Since identity politics is the thread you're in. Probably about 20 other threads on her that your post would fit.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't care what nationality/race Harris belongs to -.

But Harris is the person bringing up the issue - not me.

It's Harris who is suddenly promoting that she is black and her election team is explicitly saying white woman should acknowledge their white privilege.

She is the one who is changing her normal speech and making herself try to sound black. Listen to her interviews prior to becoming VP - she never had that type of speech.

Culturally, she has never experienced the same cycle of poverty and lack of education as most African Americans have experienced.

But yet, she hides all her benefits of her true heritage. It just seems really hypocritical to do that when you are telling white woman to think about all the benefits they had.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If I were Donald, I would never mention that people can change colors deliberately.
Or, is orange really the new black?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join