It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump goes where no other candidate is willing to go and calls out Kamala for identity politics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No other candidate is willing to go into an environment that is considered hostile. Does this help Trump's candidacy or hurt it?

Trump also asks why Kamala was Indian heritage for many years and then changes and becomes an Africa-American candidate. Is Trump right to ask this question?

President Trump: "She was always of Indian heritage and she was only promoting heritage. I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black. Now she wants to be known as black... all of a sudden she became a black person."

Seems like a good question if you see how she identified as an Asian when in San Francisco
Video included in link
edit on 31-7-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Does this help Trump's candidacy or hurt it?

Neither.
People already know how they are going to vote.
Not much is going to be able to change minds at this point.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing, you gotta give him credit for being willing to face the tough questions. Something Democrats are not used to. The CNN moderators of the Trump-Biden debate were considered traitors by the Left for asking down-the-middle questions to Biden. They're used to the media going all in to help them. There's montages on YouTube of Pelosi belittling reporters who dared to ask her serious questions. The attitude is quite clear: "You're supposed to be on our side. Do your job and shill for us. Any deviation from that will not be tolerated."
edit on 31-7-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Anyone that thinks Trump is scared of the bumbling Liberals in a debate or anywhere else is mentally F'ed up.

Trump takes tougher questions than all the Democrats put together.

He handled her ridiculous question perfectly.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

No other candidate is willing to go into an environment that is considered hostile. Does this help Trump's candidacy or hurt it?

The guy is fearless.
2 cm. from certain death...and moments later...

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Trump was bombing so badly he ran away after only half his allotted time has passed. He also gave the Harris campaign a lot of sound bites to use against him.

This was a massive fail on the Trump campaign's part.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oh boy. Can't say how it's going on its entirety, but he was asked about stating Obama and Haley were not born here, he told 4 congresswomen of color to "go back where they came from", referred to black prosecutors/DA as "animals", black journalists as "stupid" and "racist", had dinner at MAL with a white supremacist,so what does he say to black voters who may not trust you after those kinds of statements as you now want their votes.

He answered by telling the woman he has never been asked a question in such a "horrible way" ( uh she quoted him in her question lol) "you didn't say hello" "do you work for ABC? They are fake news" " I think it's disgraceful, I came here in good spirit", "I love the black population of this country, I've done so much for the black population of this country. "

He also rambled about "black jobs" and immigrants again.

Which again social media has been very funny with clips of people trying to "take black jobs" and people confused as they are both Hispanic and black and are unsure if they are stealing their own jobs.
edit on 31-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Anyone that thinks Trump is scared of the bumbling Liberals in a debate or anywhere else is mentally F'ed up.

Trump takes tougher questions than all the Democrats put together.

He handled her ridiculous question perfectly.

I agree, could you imagine Obama, Biden or now Kamala going into a deep red state/county and getting that question to start out the Q &A session? Typical msm gotcha "set up" but Trump was not phased. I think this helps Trump even though many msm outlets will twist it- in the long run Trump made an honest assessment and brought it up for discussion. Many more people are thinking the same. I look forward to Kamala's explaination.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I love it, refreshing to see a politician just call it as they see it. Got so many of them trying to be so politically correct they either say nothing or some group think, lockstep line. Coming from a business background rather than a political one has helped.

It is a testament to the character of Trump to handle those tough questions on the spot. Biden would make a quick retreat to his bunker if he ever did have anything to say to the media. Trump would try and share what he could as events go on.

A lot of people did get offended by having someone tell them ''you can do better', like the fake news. It is like some of these people have never had any constructive criticism put at them before. They don't know to do with it, so Orange Man Bad.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Oh boy. Can't say how it's going on its entirety, but he was asked about stating Obama and Haley were not born here

a reply to: frogs453
Actually, it was Hillary who started the "birther movement" and by the way....she was right.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Trump was bombing so badly he ran away after only half his allotted time has passed.

You missed the part where he said they delayed him for 35 minutes?
He didn't leave early...and you know it.

The woman running the thing declared the time was at an end...they all stood up, shook hands and left.

So why did you just lie about him leaving early?

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Trump was bombing so badly he ran away after only half his allotted time has passed. He also gave the Harris campaign a lot of sound bites to use against him.

This was a massive fail on the Trump campaign's part.

Thank you for letting us know the Rachel Maddow spin on this issue. Usually we have to wait at least 12 hours. The speed is admirable.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

She wasn't interviewing Hillary and whether she started it, he took it and started running.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Trump was bombing so badly he ran away after only half his allotted time has passed.

You missed the part where he said they delayed him for 35 minutes?
He didn't leave early...and you know it.

The woman running the thing declared the time was at an end...they all stood up, shook hands and left.

So why did you just lie about him leaving early?

If they couldn't lie, they wouldn't be able to post.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Threadbarer

That is a total lie. The journalist who opened with that nasty question called it after the time agreed upon had expired. You make up a lot of stuff. Did you even watch the event all the way to the end? Trump even graciously shook her hand.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   
He also said, he "didn't know Kamala was black" "she turned black" "We should look into it. "

Not sure how he plans to "look into it"

edit on 31-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Firstly He had the Balls to sit there in that Room knowing full well the kind of questions he would get . He didn't have to but he did it anyways .

Kamala was supposed to be there but didn't show.

It's called ambush Journalism.

He wasn't afraid to be surrounded by people that he supposedly hates . He wasn't afraid to be asked tough questions . And where was Queen Kamala ???

Can you imagine if that ABC Reporter asked Kamala Harris a similar question to what she asked Trump
She would be fired before she made it back to her office.

I feel sorry for you mate I truly do .

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Totally, I'm sure we will see the upswing in black support after this.

And if Kamala made the statements he did about various white people like he did, she should face questions like that. I'll not argue that point. I mean she hasn't, but if she did. Sure.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Biden said his pick for VP would be a black woman.

So it’s pretty obvious how we got to this chain of events.

That said, I don’t see how it helps him to call it out. Just gives fodder to the “he’s a racist” narrative even if it’s totally fair to say how she got to the point she’s at now.

Calling it out only helps him with his base who is already with him.

I don’t think Harris is a strong candidate, but the only way o see the left winning is if the right clings too hard to the DEI angle. I think it could turn off independents.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
He also said, he "didn't know Kamala was black" "she turned black" "We should look into it. "

Not sure how he plans to "look into it"

I'm sure he was just talking .... but it wouldn't be that hard to see how she identified while in school and at different places of employment and in clubs/organizations.

When in school, did she belong to any ethnic oriented groups, did she check off the black box when applying, that kind of thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join