It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing with regard to SCOTUS roe v wade thing?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

Well, you didn't type you think that, so I'm going to take it that you don't think a woman has a constitutional right to access abortion to save her life.

But, you're okay with her having an abortion to save her life, anyway, because you're such a nice guy.

again, if you payed attention to the words I did say, and not the one's you pretend I said, you would know. It's not because I'm a nice guy, I'm not, I'm a dick. But it's not may place to say. I have an opinion, and taking a life is murder. Justified is another conversation, but it's still murder. I am against murder. I prefer life.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

It's not in the Constitution.

A lot of things you take for granted aren't in the Constitution. Your right to marry. Your right to parent the kids you gave birth to. Your right to own land property, grow food, to access fresh water...none of those things are enumerated in the Constitution, yet those are things that are critical to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Again...The Constitution doesn't give you your rights. it doesn't enumerate all your rights. Your rights, all of them, are encompassed under the umbrella of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That's a huge umbrella.

Yes, and it applied to everyone. Even the one's on the inside.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Everyone has a right to access any service they want, under the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

... any service that is legal and that they can afford .. but that's not in the Constitution.

14th Amendment

Sigh....

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If you can't afford a gun and bullets, you still have a constitutional right to access your 2nd Amendment rights. Your poverty may exclude from possessing a gun, but it doesn't preclude you from defending yourself with your fists, or whatever weapon is available to you.

edit on 5820242024k15America/Chicago2024-08-08T15:15:58-05:0003pm2024-08-08T15:15:58-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Well, you didn't type you think that, so I'm going to take it that you don't think a woman has a constitutional right to access abortion to save her life.

But, you're okay with her having an abortion to save her life, anyway, because you're such a nice guy.

again, if you payed attention to the words I did say, and not the one's you pretend I said, you would know. It's not because I'm a nice guy, I'm not, I'm a dick. But it's not may place to say. I have an opinion, and taking a life is murder. Justified is another conversation, but it's still murder. I am against murder. I prefer life.

All I read/hear is you telling me is that you don't believe that a woman has an inalienable right to protect her life by accessing abortion. Otherwise, you'd say so.

edit on 1420242024k21America/Chicago2024-08-08T15:21:14-05:0003pm2024-08-08T15:21:14-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Sigh....nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Sigh right back atchya ... that's not abortion.

In fact, it could be said that the unborn baby has protection of the law because he or she lives under the jurisdiction of the law. So trying to use that as a right to abortion will backfire on you. FAIL.

edit on 8/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

so you are saying abortion is murder? glad you agree. Or did you not say that?

how about we stick to things said, and leave the fantasy sh!t alone. Or are you not capable of a conversation without projecting your thoughts on others?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Everyone has a right to access any service they want, under the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

... any service that is legal and that they can afford .. but that's not in the Constitution.

14th Amendment

Sigh....

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If you can't afford a gun and bullets, you still have a constitutional right to access your 2nd Amendment rights. Your poverty may exclude from possessing a gun, but it doesn't preclude you from defending yourself with your fists, or whatever weapon is available to you.

So the 2nd amendment is about self defense?

I don't think you understand any of this.
edit on 8-8-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I don't think you understand any of this.

People smarter than her and who have actual law degrees and who practice law and who are Constitutional judges ... they say that Abortion is not covered by the Constitution. And it's obvious that they are correct. Her bias and wishful thinking is clouding her brain.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   

they say that Abortion is not covered by the Constitution.

In the Dobbs ruling, SCOTUS ruled that the privacy protection, provided by the 14th Amendment, which was what Roe hinged on, doesn't apply to abortion.

SCOTUS has before it, right now, the EMTALA case, which asks the court to decide if the Federal EMTALA requirement, to provide abortions to women whose doctors believe they would die otherwise, is constitutional.

There are also cases winding through the courts that ask the court to hear their case that the 1st Amendment's promise of Freedom of Religion and Self-Expression also protect reproductive rights.

When you have states forcing 10-year-old rape victims to give birth to a child they can't legally keep and raise, but must give away, you have a 13th Amendment violation as well.

edit on 3320242024k48America/Chicago2024-08-08T15:48:33-05:0003pm2024-08-08T15:48:33-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   

According to SCOTUS, it protects personal self-defense of persons, home and hearth (your stuff), as well as national defense and the defense of the states.
edit on 3020242024k49America/Chicago2024-08-08T15:49:30-05:0003pm2024-08-08T15:49:30-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

blah blah blah

abortion is not 'freedom of religion' or 'freedom of expression'. It's a medical procedure.

People smarter than you and who have actual law degrees and who practice law and who are Constitutional judges ... they say that Abortion is not covered by the Constitution. And it's obvious that they are correct. Your bias and wishful thinking is clouding her brain. If abortion was covered by the Constitution, it would have already been declared so by the SCOTUS. It i not. The END.
edit on 8/8/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Please provide a citation. That's not what "they" say. Dobbs says Roe's 14th Amendment's privacy protection doesn't cover abortions. Dobbs overturned Roe's right to access abortion under the 14th Amendment. It never said that a pregnant woman doesn't have the right to access abortion to save her life. That is in fact, before the Court, right now.
edit on 0820242024k53America/Chicago2024-08-08T15:53:08-05:0003pm2024-08-08T15:53:08-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

According to SCOTUS, it protects personal self-defense of persons, home and hearth (your stuff), as well as national defense and the defense of the states.

should I just take your word for that, or is there something a tiny bit more official?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Please provide a citation. That's not what "they" say. Dobbs says Roe's 14th Amendment's privacy protection doesn't cover abortions. Dobbs overturned Roe's right to access abortion under the 14th Amendment. It never said that a pregnant woman doesn't have the right to access abortion to save her life. That is in fact, before the Court, right now.

and that ruling will be made. Based on the arguments made, and the justices decision. I am curious, if they give a ruling you like, will you praise them, and if they don't, will you call for their removal? Just trying to get an idea how much integrity you may have, or not have.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   

In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Supreme Court undertook its first-ever "in-depth examination" of the second amendment's meaning Id. at 635. After a lengthy historical discussion, the Court ultimately concluded that the second amendment "guarantee[s] the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation" (id. at 592); that "central to" this right is "the inherent right of self-defense"(id. at 628); that "the home" is "where the need for defense of self, family, and property is most acute" (id. at 628); and that, "above all other interests," the second amendment elevates "the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:18 AM
link   

so if the left gets their wet dream, and nullifies the second, there will be no more baseball?

and wiki? solid.
edit on 9-8-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Please provide a citation.

Just stop. If Abortion were covered in the Constitution then the states wouldn't be allowed to put restrictions on it. If Abortion were covered in the Constitution then the left wouldn't be calling for a Constitutional amendment.

You embarrass yourself.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Absolutely, it is before the court right now.

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yep! And this one too.

Federal court sets date for EMTALA oral argument hearing in Idaho-based case

Following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in June not to rule in the Idaho case about whether emergency room abortions can be prosecuted under the state’s abortion law, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals scheduled a hearing for the week of Dec. 9 to hear oral arguments in the next step of the case.

The lawsuit traces back to 2022, when the U.S. Department of Justice sued the state of Idaho over its strict abortion ban that provides an exception to save a patient’s life, but not to preserve their health, because the government argued the ban conflicts with the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

If Abortion were covered in the Constitution then the left wouldn't be calling for a Constitutional amendment.

I'm not aware of anyone pushing for a constitutional amendment for abortion. Maybe you're referring to the Equal Rights Amendment? The ERA?

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join