It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France bans head coverings but allows Christianity to be mocked at Olympics.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

What's really absurd is that some countries have a lower PG rating for violence than for sexuality...

Making love is worse than making war... Go figure

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Wrong.

Mocking Christianity is a common theme in trans performances, they do it all the time.

Just because they mixed in a few other ancient religions doesn't change that.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: Boomer1947

Your French must be very good considering they would never speak to you in English.
That’s beneath them.
Sound about right?

My experience is that French people are more than happy to speak English if they know it and generally do so very well.

This applies to most European countries.

It's only countries that are English speaking that seem to have a major problem with using other languages.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Wrong.

Mocking Christianity is a common theme in trans performances, they do it all the time.

Just because they mixed in a few other ancient religions doesn't change that.

Why would the Olympics mock Christianity? Jesus wasn't bright blue and there were only 13 at the last super and the Olympics has always been secular.

They're Greek gods not different religions, Greek gods like Hermaphroditus were intersex and is the origin of the word hermaphrodite, Apollo was the God of Homosexuality and most were bi. Greek gods lived on Mount Olympus, the Olympics are Greek and started in Olympia to honour them and it was before transvestism became taboo.

It was a terrible ceremony and that float was weird but it doesn't bare any resemblance to the last super (see frogs post for the full image instead of delibaretly cropped one used in the vid).

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

🤣 I saw a social media post of a person who was very offended and livid. They went on and on about how the Olympics should go back to Greece and how they originally were.

The Greeks loved nudity and thought only barbarians wore clothes. The Persians and Egyptians thought naked men oiling each other up and wrestling promoted sexual deviance.

Homosexuality and the mentoring of young boys in the "gymnaisuim" culture was socially acceptable and considered part of the boys "education".

Can you imagine the heads that would explode if we went back to oiled up nude people? And it's only men?
edit on 27-7-2024 by frogs453 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The christian version of the imaginary almighty one seems not be mocked, only some it´s gang members who believe in their imaginary almighty friend are mocked. Because if this alleged god would feel mocked, why isn´t it raining fish or frogs or whatever the cult book says, where are the massive floods, why didn´t the water turn into blood and all that miserable stuff he allegedly caused because he was angry about his alleged own creation? When this imaginary friend was a bit younger he allegedly had no problem to punish it´s gang members for the slightest bit they allegedly did wrong in his eyes.

So either he doesn't feel offended or he does care about his allegedly own creation since around 2000 years so little that he doesn't even get angry anymore about the shenanigans his alleged own creation comes up with. Maybe he looks at what he created and simply thinks: "What a miserable fail", learned from his mistakes and works on something better than his first alleged creation. Which he now simply leaves to its own until the bitter end.

Or, and this is the most likely scenario, this imaginary friend is just what it is, an imaginary friend. Planted in the minds of gullible people by clever people in order to have power and control over the followers of the respective imaginary friend cult, to be able to incite them against the followers of other imaginary cults/cult members and thus divide humanity so that it cannot make any progress in its development.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They were clearly mocking Christianity and Christ.
That's demonic.
It was completely unnecessary and it was insulting to God as well as Christians.
I never bother watching the Olympics.
I find them boring.
Now I find them demonic.
The world keeps sliding deeper and deeper into evil.
What is good is mocked and lied about.
What is bad is celebrated and elevated.
Satan rules.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You do know this is the Modern Olympics, emphasis on Modern. If you want to go down the ancient route, only men allowed and they must compete naked. But I don't know how that would work with the Winter Olympics?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You do know this is the Modern Olympics, emphasis on Modern. If you want to go down the ancient route, only men allowed and they must compete naked. But I don't know how that would work with the Winter Olympics?

I certainly wouldn't be keen on doing the Luge.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Devil's advocate here. If you look at this situation with secular eyes, you'll realize that France is being fair.

They disrespected the Muslim athlete by not allowing her to wear her hijab and they disrespected Christians with a theater performance.

All we need now is the Russian judge to snub Israel and everyone will be equals.

If you're looking at this topic as a Christian and the debauchery seems troublesome, I'd say worry about the potential Anti-Christ that just survived a head wound more than a satanic theater production.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

The IOC has also disrespected every athlete there and decent humans everywhere by allowing a convicted child rapist (convicted of raping a 12 year old) compete for Netherlands men's volleyball team.

Unfortunately this means I won't be watching. I was really looking forward to Nikola Jokic playing basketball for Serbia, too.

edit on 27-7-2024 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Cry us a river...

remeber Charlie hebdo? Satire making fun of Muslims, and the subsequent terror attack, remeber the argument?

That's right freedom of expression, remeber that?

So what, it's also save to say that many that push the vile rhetoric against transgender are Christian...

Maybe grow a pair and learn to eat what you dish out....

But it doesn't even mock anyone, seems like being sheep makes people extra scared snowflake that see evil everywhere...
good luck to them poor souls

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
No class whatsoever. Regardless of what it actually represents, this jumble of ugly on top of more ugly is, well, rather ugly. And I'm leaving out all the appropriate expletives.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

But can't we see them (and Monty Python, too) mocking Muslims ?

I mean, the fireworks would be spectacular.

But, bottom line, those mocking the Christians are cowards. MP admitted as much, saying they didn't mock Muslims because they "didn't want to die".

Super, lose-lose for society.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's a sign of the times, the world has fallen away from God.
The anti Christ spirit is alive in this world, and growing in strength because mankind is of the world. Not of Spiritual cleanliness. Perversion and inversion of what's right...

The perversions were so widespread by the time God gave the Law to Moses that admonitions against specific perversions had to be included in detail

For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever.

Woe unto them that call evil goodd, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

When we should be looking beyond this physical life.

But people today, want instant gratification, without working to earn anything, just like willing slaves, they want to be micromanaged and given a meager ration.

Free men & women do not ask permission.

We were given free will. That, is the proverbial boulder do big even God can't lift it...we choose right or we choose wrong.

It's that simple.

The world needs Jesus.
🙏
edit on 27-7-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Cry us a river...

My statement stands.
It was mocking Christ, God, and Christians and it was unnecessary.
There was no need for it.
It wasn't a political satire piece like Charlie hebdo making a statement
in a political magazine or a newspaper.
This is the OLYMPICS where everyone is supposed to play nice and get along.
It's supposed to be about coming together ... not ridicule and division.

So as to your 'cry us a river' ... # that.
edit on 7/27/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And quite unnecessary as part of the opening ceremonies for the Olympics.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

The torch lighting ceremony and opening ceremony lighting of the flame is all about ancient Greece in the moden games since 1896- it's always started with prayers to Apollo to light it at the Temple of Hera in an ancient ceremony before being relayed to the sacred floating cauldron eventual games (though snoopdog carried it/smoked the torch this time).

This year
www.youtube.com...

London 2012
www.youtube.com...

If the float/scene resembled the biblical depiction of the last supper people may have a point but it looks nothing like it and all and the blue guy is indentical to Dionysus.
medium.com...@dr.victor.bodo/dionysus-as-archetype-ea85f26d4a30

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Maybe they're also largely passive-aggressive too?

But things like this to answer your question. So somewhere between "white supremacists" and "open-minded."
edit on 27-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yeah but my feelz are important...

Maybe they see things because Christianity is just a cheap knock off

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join