It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump obligated to the Biden debates now that the Dems started a new campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

That debate was negotiating with the Biden campaign.

Under normal circumstances, the debates issues and dates are decided well in advance of either party's nominations, by the Commision on Presidential Debates. Trump got is way in nixing that forum. Maybe Kamala should demand The Commission's hosting authority be restored?

Trump got his early debate, before the convention, even though the delegates hadn't voted yet. That was his risk to take.

Remind me, who did the Republican people vote for during the Republican primaries in 2020?

edit on 5420242024k22America/Chicago2024-07-25T22:22:54-05:0010pm2024-07-25T22:22:54-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It would be reasonable that Harris demand The Commission's hosting authority be restored.

Trump was the Nominee in 2020.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Trump wasn't voted the nominee by the Republican people during a primary election. He was selected at the convention by delegates, just like Kamala Harris will be.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Trump wasn't voted the nominee by the Republican people during a primary election. He was selected at the convention by delegates, just like Kamala Harris will be.

Ok?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
a reply to: Vermilion

No matter how Trump debates it is a certainty that many media people and Democrats will say he was being too toxic masculine for her. Several have already made that excuse in this tread already before we even know there will even be a debate.

If Harris (or Clinton, or Biden) can't weather someone looming behind them on a debate stage how can they stand up to the country's advisers who plan to do much worse? But I actually don't believe in that pitty party for the Democrat candidates or Harris more particularly. I have confidence she can debate Trump no matter where he might be standing.

I remember the media doing a similar thing with his debate with Hilary.
It’s some weird lib projection driven by feels not facts.

He’s going to demolish her on the top issues…

Border, she’s toast because everyone knows she’s the Border Czar

Inflation, her team utterly destroyed the economy

Foreign policy, 13 dead Americans and the Afghanistan circus, Ukraine war, genocide Joe, Chinese spy balloons

And at the end of the day, she wants to be the nominee after winning zero votes and have debates she didn’t negotiate and had no part in.

The entitlement is comical.

edit on 25-7-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That debate was negotiating with the Biden campaign.

Under normal circumstances, the debates issues and dates are decided well in advance of either party's nominations, by the Commision on Presidential Debates. Trump got is way in nixing that forum. Maybe Kamala should demand The Commission's hosting authority be restored?

Trump got his early debate, before the convention, even though the delegates hadn't voted yet. That was his risk to take.

Remind me, who did the Republican people vote for during the Republican primaries in 2020?

There’s a reason “The Art of the Deal” is one of the most famous business books ever.

Maybe Kamala should read it and start negotiating her own deals.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I just found this, very interesting,
Seems Kamala doesn’t even meet the ABC News debate qualifications….

The ABC News qualifications for debate include:
1) receiving at least 15% in four separate national polls of registered or likely voters that meet ABC's standards for reporting
2) appearing on a sufficient number of state ballots to reach the 270 electoral vote threshold to win the presidency prior to the eligibility deadline
3) agreeing to accept the rules and format of the debate

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

As it has been my contention that the slow dribble towards public awareness of Biden's deterioration was timed to conclude right after the Republican Convention in order to misdirect the focus of the Republican attack plan, so too do I question this period of Harris's climbing popularity. This sudden rise in her popularity is more than I thought it would be yet still it does not mean, at least as far as I understand the works, that she is a shoe in when their convention convenes.

I think the general body of Democrats, or liberals as such are so in need for a centralizing figure to combat Trump, which of course we saw slip from Biden's grasp, along with so much else, that they would grasp on to the first life preserver tossed at them. That real possibility that that life preserver may not be capable of buoying them as they swim to shore may, I say may, become clearer to them as their convention draws nearer and nearer.

Should that happen, that the awareness of her weaknesses sinks in deeply enough, the entire flow of that convention could change upon the whims of liberal celebrity and any number of other possible candidates, political or simply celebratory candidates could arise.

As the last week and a half have shown us, this next four weeks could be a very looooooong time. Who knows how many tricks, let alone sleeves there may be hidden from our eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

1) receiving at least 15% in four separate national polls of registered or likely voters that meet ABC's standards for reporting
2) appearing on a sufficient number of state ballots to reach the 270 electoral vote threshold to win the presidency prior to the eligibility deadline

Furthermore and Above All Else...

Headline-Trump Campaign: ‘Inappropriate’ to Schedule Debates Until Harris Nomination Official, Democrats ‘Could Still Change Their Minds’

Full Story here: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Allow me to quote the great MAGA philosopher catturd:

If you refuse to debate, you're a fraud.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
He's so hoping she isn't. She's got the delegates, has raised over 1. 7M in an hour tonight on a zoom call of over 150,000 women tonight. Women who stated they always felt safe and just voted how their communities, family expected them to. They no longer feel their rights are safe, for themselves, their daughters and sons.

She has a surge of support whether you don't believe it, or call them stupid, or whatever. And the states with the most on the call are Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Again, he does not want to run against her. But fine, he can just prepare quickly to debate her once she's the delegate. Or will he then say, "it's too quick!"

What choice do women have? Trump? If he can't do the whole 4 years, then Vance? Who stated women without children have no stakes in the country? Who said women should stay in a violent marriage? Who doesn't want to protect IVF, and would like to ban abortion nationally?

You sound as if women are automatons. Maybe the ones you mingle with are like that, but I fail to see how any normal functioning female can't like Trump?
What, because he's a man?
I am seriously confused. Women are working for trump, they go to his rallies, he has a smashing wife...I am a woman and I'm a Trumpette, even though I'm not American, not republican, not even 100% right leaning.

The day I'd vote for someone just because they are my gender or have a similar hue to my own skin tone instead of merit would be when I'm dead and someone uses my name illegally to vote.

edit on 26-7-2024 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Looks like Harris has the easy way out so she doesn't have to debate Trump.

We all know she is terrified to debate him because the word salad queen wouldn't have any excuses for why she lost.

At least Biden's excuse that he is a confused old man.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
A bit off topic; but have the Democrats set a precedent whereby political parties will hide or not pick their presidential candidate until the last possibility moment. This tactic that Democrats choose to use this year could give political parties an advantage in disallowing their opponent to build an effective strategy against an unknown candidate. It would also keep the candidates' dirty laundry out of the news for as long as possible.

Will we start to see ever shortening election cycles?

I hope so. You guys will really enjoy not having politicians in your life 24/7 👍

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Biden is such a chicken scared wimp. 😃 He has the perfect chance to rectify his poor performance.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Here's a link to his statement.

link

here is what he actually said. Not that it differs at all from what the gaslighters democrats have been saying.

The Trump campaign said Thursday it would not agree to a general election debate with Vice President Harris “until Democrats formally decide on their nominee” after Harris said she was ready to debate the former president.

It seems since the democrats really have no idea who's running for president, he just wants to make sure he's not wasting time debating some senile old man, or some cackling fool that may not be the nominee. BTW, who is running with her? It's July 26th, and we still don't have a VP candidate. Or is she so good she doesn't need one?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:37 AM
link   

He's so hoping she isn't. She's got the delegates, has raised over 1. 7M in an hour tonight on a zoom call of over 150,000 women tonight. Women who stated they always felt safe and just voted how their communities, family expected them to. They no longer feel their rights are safe, for themselves, their daughters and sons.

She has a surge of support whether you don't believe it, or call them stupid, or whatever. And the states with the most on the call are Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Again, he does not want to run against her. But fine, he can just prepare quickly to debate her once she's the delegate. Or will he then say, "it's too quick!"

What choice do women have? Trump? If he can't do the whole 4 years, then Vance? Who stated women without children have no stakes in the country? Who said women should stay in a violent marriage? Who doesn't want to protect IVF, and would like to ban abortion nationally?

didn't Biden have the delegates as well? I thought he did.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Or is she so good she doesn't need one?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Allow me to quote the great MAGA philosopher catturd:

If you refuse to debate, you're a fraud.

totally agree. 100%.

so Trump refused to debate then? Got a link?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Is Trump obligated to the Biden debates now that the Dems started a new campaign

No. Different person - Harris - is running, therefore new agreements must be made.

Trump said he wants 'many' debates with Harris. So I'm sure they'll happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Here's a link to his statement.

link

He won't commit to debate until the Democrats formally decide on the nominee.

That' makes sense. The Democrats are in chaos and it makes no sense to debate someone who may not even end up being the nominee.

And that's in no way 'refusing to debate'.

He just released a statement that he is not going to debate her.

That's simply untrue.
edit on 7/26/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join