It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump obligated to the Biden debates now that the Dems started a new campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Is Donald Trump obligated to honor commitments made to the Joe Biden campaign regarding future debates?

Now that the Democrat party has been successful in stopping the loosing campaign of Joe Biden and started a new presidential campaign with their selected candidate Kamala Harris it stands to reason that the new campaign would need to negotiate their own agreements with their opponent on future debates. Why is the Harris campaign afraid to stand on its own?

Would it be in Donald Trump's best interest to decline the Biden campaign agreed September debate and renegotiate better terms with the Harris campaign?

In the first debate the Democrats were afforded all their desires in debate planning giving them a large advantage. Would Harris be as confident in her abilities to renegotiate with Donald Trump?

‘Let’s go’: Harris agrees to debate Trump, accuses him of ‘backpedaling’ on Sept. 10 date

Harris, the vice president, said she has agreed to face off with Trump on Sept. 10. ABC News had been scheduled to hold a debate on that date with Trump and President Joe Biden, who withdrew from the race on Sunday.

“Now it appears he’s backpedaling,” Harris said of Trump on Thursday afternoon. “But I’m ready.”

Trump signaled in a press call earlier this week that he did not “like the idea” of participating in a debate hosted by ABC, which he called “fake news.”

But he said he “absolutely” would want to debate Harris if she becomes the Democratic nominee.

“I would be willing to do more than one debate, actually,” Trump said on the Tuesday afternoon call.

link

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

No, he's not obligated.

He could chicken out and show himself for the craven coward that he is.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

He just released a statement that he is not going to debate her.

Crooked Joe Biden, blah blah blah, chaos, Barack Hussain Obama, Marxist Kamala, no debate because the Democrats could change their minds
edit on 25-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

No, he's not obligated.

Why would renegotiate amount to chickening out?

Why is the Harris campaign entitled to what the Biden campaign negotiated. Why can't the Harris campaign stand on its own?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Trump should demand Biden show up for round two..

The dems are really putting all campaign finance laws and every other tradition in a huge industrial shredder so they can manipulate the entire system to suite only themselves. Last week they despised Kamala openly, and now the propaganda MSM mill is churning out the most preposterous crap the world has ever seen.

It even exceeds "Joe is sharper than a tack" and the next day, "he's a worthless cadaver". By these same people who think all regular Americans are dumber than simple farm rodents, proven by the crap they expect people to even begin to believe, and yet some do.

What's happening right now is some sort of Horror, Mystery, Comedy side show that has never been seen before, because of the lefts Hitler like lust for power and influence.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

No, he's not obligated.

LOL

The coward that got shot in the face on live TV and stood up and said "let me get my shoes" and turn to the crowd and said "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT"

thats OG boss s### any but a coward.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

why should he when they moved the goal post? now if they gave him time to prepare for ones with her. i bet he does.
trump ain't to afraid to speak his mind, the threat of jail or losing ton of cash hasn't stopped him yet.

i'd love to see one like the one with hillary where they can walk around.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here's a link to his statement.

link

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

“Therefore, it would be inappropriate to schedule things with Harris because Democrats very well could still change their minds,” Cheung said.

Sounds perfectly responsible to me; the Democrats have already demonstrated that they are willing to disrupt the 2024 elections by changing their candidate after the primarys were completed. Why shouldn't the Trump campaign wait untill the DNC officially chooses their candidate before negotiating on debating that candidate?

In any other context that would be a perfectly valid course of action.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

He just released a statement that he is not going to debate her.

Not calling you a liar but .... Link please .

Do you really think Trump is afraid to debate ' Kamala on her Record ? or her Ideals ? If all he had to debate her on was Record And Ideals he would Shred her into A Billion pieces .

She is Black and She is a Woman and She is A Marxist, Trump debating that is like walking through a Minefield in Vietnam surrounded on all sides by complex ambushes .

The Truth is quite simple . Joe Biden # the bed so in comes Kamala and she is a disaster but the MSM will protect her at all cost.
edit on 25-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Here's a link to his statement.

link

not even close to what you posted .

THE LINK SAYS HE WILL NOT DEBATE HER UNTIL IT IS OFFICIAL SHE IS THE NOMINEE .
edit on 25-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A bit off topic; but have the Democrats set a precedent whereby political parties will hide or not pick their presidential candidate until the last possibility moment. This tactic that Democrats choose to use this year could give political parties an advantage in disallowing their opponent to build an effective strategy against an unknown candidate. It would also keep the candidates' dirty laundry out of the news for as long as possible.

Will we start to see ever shortening election cycles?
edit on 25-7-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Better terms? What was wrong with the way the last debate was handled? Jake Tapper and Dana Bash let Trump say whatever he wanted, didn't cut him off, didn't contradict him. What else does he want?

I guess he wants to go back to pacing the stage and looming behind Kamala Harris, like he did with Hillary, interrupt and cut her off, not let her speak, like he did to Biden in their debate. If he can't do that, he won't debate. He can't do a real debate against a real candidate about real issues.

edit on 4020242024k13America/Chicago2024-07-25T21:13:40-05:0009pm2024-07-25T21:13:40-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   

From your link-

The Trump campaign said Thursday it would not agree to a general election debate with Vice President Harris “until Democrats formally decide on their nominee” after Harris said she was ready to debate the former president.

“Given the continued political chaos surrounding Crooked Joe Biden and the Democrat Party, general election debate details cannot be finalized until Democrats formally decide on their nominee,” Trump communications director Steven Cheung said in a statement.

Where does it say he won't debate her ?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Better terms? What was wrong with the way the last debate was handled? Jake Tapper and Dana Bash let Trump say whatever he wanted, didn't cut him off, didn't contradict him. Wat else does he want?

I guess he wants to go back to pacing the stage and looming behind Kamala Harris, like he did with Hillary, interrupt and cut her off, not let her speak, like he did to Biden in their debate. If he can't do that, he won't debate. He can't do a real debate against a real candidate about real issues.

In my opinion, there was nothing wrong with the format of the last debate; I enjoyed it. But the fact of the matter is that the Democrats choose almost every aspect of the format. It is not unreasonable for Republicans to want to negotiate for some things they would like to see in the debate now that Democrats have started a new campaign.

I don't know how Trump would like to debate; however logic would state he should have some say during the negotiations with the Harris campaign. I am not really sure why that is objectionable.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
He's so hoping she isn't. She's got the delegates, has raised over 1. 7M in an hour tonight on a zoom call of over 150,000 women tonight. Women who stated they always felt safe and just voted how their communities, family expected them to. They no longer feel their rights are safe, for themselves, their daughters and sons.

She has a surge of support whether you don't believe it, or call them stupid, or whatever. And the states with the most on the call are Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Again, he does not want to run against her. But fine, he can just prepare quickly to debate her once she's the delegate. Or will he then say, "it's too quick!"

What choice do women have? Trump? If he can't do the whole 4 years, then Vance? Who stated women without children have no stakes in the country? Who said women should stay in a violent marriage? Who doesn't want to protect IVF, and would like to ban abortion nationally?
edit on 25-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I agree Trump would much rather have been running against Biden who was much farther behind in the polls than Harris currently is. She might still be behind Trump in the polls but it has become a much closer race.

Switching candidates was a good strategy for the Democrats; it brought them back to life.

Trump-Harris Swing State Polls: Harris Trails Trump In Most Key Battlegrounds—But Outperforms Biden - Forbs
edit on 25-7-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   

damn you sound just like all those dem jabber jockeys on the lsm networks.
how much do they pay people to type that tripe. i might want to get paid myself if they pay good enough.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Trump will utterly destroy Kamala at a debate.

Hope he waits until after D convention so she is official and they can’t back out and try to put someone else in after he utterly demolishes her.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If Biden fairly reimburses Trump’s campaign for the money they spent on Biden being the nominee then it’s fair Trump should stick to the original debate schedule. 😉

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join