It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump obligated to the Biden debates now that the Dems started a new campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to: frogs453

What choice do women have? Trump? If he can't do the whole 4 years, then Vance? Who stated women without children have no stakes in the country? Who said women should stay in a violent marriage? Who doesn't want to protect IVF, and would like to ban abortion nationally?

I can't tell you what most women think; but my wife was beside her self when she told me Biden had dropped out on Sunday and Harris was going to be the nominee. She was wondering why the political parties always pick such bad candidates; saying later she thinks we are all doomed no matter the outcome of these elections.

From were I am sitting (centrist from NY metro) I don't think women in general are necessarily as enthusiastic as you would like them all to be over the Harris campaign.

I suspect more will sit out, as my wife plans to do, than the Democrats can afford.

edit on 25-7-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Trump will utterly destroy Kamala at a debate.

Hope he waits until after D convention so she is official and they can’t back out and try to put someone else in after he utterly demolishes her.

No doubt.
He’ll go through her like Tulsi did.
There’s only one way she’ll beat him.
She’ll try and get him to call her a ho, hopefully he won’t take the bait.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
a reply to: Dandandat3

No, he's not obligated.

He could chicken out and show himself for the craven coward that he is.

Trump could debate both Harris and Biden at the same time on their garbage policies and still come out on top.

At what point do you Liberal idiots realize Harris and Biden can barely form coherent sentences while talking about anything?

I mean the goddamn proof is on 10,000 videos that have been saturating the internet the last 3 1/2 years, hell Biden's been bumbling on videos going back decades.

Or do you just cover your eyes and plug your ears to everything that goes against facts as you see them?

I would really like to know how a simple switch from him to her makes you guys all of a sudden grow some stones to predict crap like this?
edit on 25-7-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
He's so hoping she isn't. She's got the delegates, has raised over 1. 7M in an hour tonight on a zoom call of over 150,000 women tonight.

She has no bound delegates.

The delegates she has were Biden's.

Which I guess you are OK with as a Democrat....

Saving Democracy by installing a nominee nobody actually voted for.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Trump will utterly destroy Kamala at a debate.

Hope he waits until after D convention so she is official and they can’t back out and try to put someone else in after he utterly demolishes her.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

He's so hoping she isn't. She's got the delegates, has raised over 1. 7M in an hour tonight on a zoom call of over 150,000 women tonight.

Installed like the toilet that she is.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

But the fact of the matter is that the Democrats choose almost every aspect of the format.

I don't think that's true. I think I recall reading about how they negotiated and reached a compromise. Trump wanted an earlier debate than planned and refused to debate under Commission on Presidential Debates forum.

Biden compromised by agreeing to debate early, outside of the Commission on Presidential Debates's forum. I don't see how Trump compromised at all, unless it was to let go of FOXNEWS as a host and accept CNN and NBC.

Besides, Trump stated several times he was willing to debate Kamala, should she be the candidate.

Trump Says He Is Willing to Debate Harris Multiple Times

edit on 1520242024k46America/Chicago2024-07-25T21:46:15-05:0009pm2024-07-25T21:46:15-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

A toilet has an every day function and is useful.

She is neither.

I'm having a lot of fun watching how zealous the left on here have gotten about her though.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

No matter how Trump debates it is a certainty that many media people and Democrats will say he was being too toxic masculine for her. Several have already made that excuse in this tread already before we even know there will even be a debate.

If Harris (or Clinton, or Biden) can't weather someone looming behind them on a debate stage how can they stand up to the country's advisers who plan to do much worse? But I actually don't believe in that pitty party for the Democrat candidates or Harris more particularly. I have confidence she can debate Trump no matter where he might be standing.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't think

We can stop there.

The first Truth you have posted in a decade.

And if you are upset that I quoted you out of context, the left has been doing that to Trump for years...

edit on 100000007America/Chicago7pmThu, 25 Jul 2024 22:00:00 -050000 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And it sounds like he still is willing; he just wants to make sure she is the official candidate first.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

A toilet has an every day function and is useful.

She is neither.

I'm having a lot of fun watching how zealous the left on here have gotten about her though.

That's for sure.
It's going to make their screams of despair that much more satisfying when Trump wins.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Neither contender owes anything to the other.

They both need to honor the American people by debating their ideas so that they can be compared by us, the people.

This piss pour kind of idea that has been going around that the position of the president of the United States is a status symbol or a game to be won is killing the entire ideal that was attempted at the founding.

That it is a position of service. Debates are not contests to be won, they are presentations to the public.

But who am I kidding, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

And it sounds like he still is willing; he just wants to make sure she is the official candidate first.

Is that what it sounds like to you? Not me. It sounds to me like he's looking for a way to weasel out of the debate. Nobody is expecting he's going to have to debate her if it turns out she's not the Democratic candidate.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
Neither contender owes anything to the other.

They both need to honor the American people by debating their ideas so that they can be compared by us, the people.

This piss pour kind of idea that has been going around that the position of the president of the United States is a status symbol or a game to be won is killing the entire ideal that was attempted at the founding.

That it is a position of service. Debates are not contests to be won, they are presentations to the public.

But who am I kidding, right?

I agree with you, maybe for the first time.

What is your opinion on Harris being installed without a single vote?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Why waist time negotiating over a debate schedule and format before she is the nominee?

You can still be right that he weasels out thereafter. But today hia argument is perfectly valid; whether you want to accept it or not.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Why waist time negotiating....

It's already been negotiated. It's September 10th, on ABC. It doesn't matter who the candidate is.

edit on 3520242024k06America/Chicago2024-07-25T22:06:35-05:0010pm2024-07-25T22:06:35-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That debate was negotiating with the Biden campaign. Joe Biden is no longer running for President.

The Harris campaign (or whom ever the Democrats choose to run for their party) has not yet negotiating a debate.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   

He should avoid debating her at all costs.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

As a strategy I would agree; he has little to gain. A national debate is more advantages for Harris, she is behind in the polls and needs the TV spot to try and reach more voters.

But Trump could/would be seen as week if he doesn't debate. He hates that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join