It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service failures prompts calls for agent recruitment changes...again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: quintessentone

The Trump shooter didn't have an automatic AR15. 😃

The whole concept is moot now. Go back and edit all your posts now.

Is this news piece incorrect?

An AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle was recovered by law enforcement at the scene of the attempted assassination of former President Donald J. Trump at his rally in Butler, Pa., on Saturday.

The AR-15 rifle, billed as “America’s rifle” by the National Rifle Association, has been commonly used by mass shooters and is one of the most ubiquitous weapons in the United States.

AR-15-style rifles are frequently customized with easy-to-purchase scopes and other accessories that can make even an untrained shooter lethal.

The rifle can be built to fire heavier and lighter rounds, such as .22-caliber and .308-caliber, but most commonly fires a 5.56-millimeter round, and has an effective range of between 500 and 800 yards.

In the hands of a trained shooter, accuracy at that range is difficult but possible, especially if the rifle is supported by bipods or sandbags that can stabilize the sway of its barrel.

www.nytimes.com...

Yes it is

Nor is it stated anywhere in that piece that it was an automatic rifle

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Trump shooter didn't have an automatic AR15. 😃

The whole concept is moot now. Go back and edit all your posts now.

Is this news piece incorrect?

An AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle was recovered by law enforcement at the scene of the attempted assassination of former President Donald J. Trump at his rally in Butler, Pa., on Saturday.

The AR-15 rifle, billed as “America’s rifle” by the National Rifle Association, has been commonly used by mass shooters and is one of the most ubiquitous weapons in the United States.

AR-15-style rifles are frequently customized with easy-to-purchase scopes and other accessories that can make even an untrained shooter lethal.

The rifle can be built to fire heavier and lighter rounds, such as .22-caliber and .308-caliber, but most commonly fires a 5.56-millimeter round, and has an effective range of between 500 and 800 yards.

In the hands of a trained shooter, accuracy at that range is difficult but possible, especially if the rifle is supported by bipods or sandbags that can stabilize the sway of its barrel.

www.nytimes.com...

Yes it is

Nor is it stated anywhere in that piece that it was an automatic rifle

Do both automatic and semiautomatic still shoot continuous rounds?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No

Google is your friend

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No.

An AR15 is a semi automatic and fires one shot at a time. One pull of trigger = one shot. It is NOT an 'assault weapon' even though the left wing TV news is calling it that.

An automatic, like an M16 when put on automatic mode, is an assault weapon that shoots rapid fire, many bullets at once with one pull of the trigger.

Firearm Trade Industry
edit on 7/24/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

No

Google is your friend

So Trump's shooter did not continuously shoot however many rounds rather he did in quick succession?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

No.

An AR15 is a semi automatic and fires one shot at a time. One pull of trigger = one shot. It is NOT an 'assault weapon' even though the left wing TV news is calling it that.

An automatic, like an M16 when put on automatic mode, is an assault weapon that shoots rapid fire, many bullets at once with one pull of the trigger.

Firearm Trade Industry

So if the shooter managed to get off multiple rounds quickly, what does it matter if his weapon was semiauto or not?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes, that is correct
edit on 24-7-2024 by Moon68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No.

Firearm Trade Industry

So if the shooter managed to get off multiple rounds quickly, what does it matter if his weapon was semiauto or not?

Because that's the difference between a sporting rifle and an automatic rifle.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You have all of the same capabilities as I, look it up yourself bub

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No.

Firearm Trade Industry

I guess I have to spoon feed you my context. What is the difference to an amateur mass shooter whether or not the gun is a semi auto or not?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You're not even spoonfeeding context. You're making patently false statements and then trying to wiggle your way around having to admit that your statements are patently false. No one but YOU made the claim that the firearm was automatic. YOU said it. Then you clearly demonstrated that you don't understand what the difference between automatic and semiautomatic is. I have never in my life seen someone talk themselves into a corner so many times and STILL KEEP TALKING.

What the hell difference does it make what the difference is to a mass shooter whether the gun is automatic or not? What even is the purpose of asking that question?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The shooter did not have an automatic AR15. 😀✅

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No.

Firearm Trade Industry

I guess I have to spoon feed you my context. What is the difference to an amateur mass shooter whether or not the gun is a semi auto or not?

This was not a "mass shooter" so your point is moot from the get go.

But either way, if you did one single shred of research before spouting off your nonsensical BS then you would know the difference jsut like everyone else in the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No.

Firearm Trade Industry

Let me retard it all the way down Slingblade:

One trigger pull one shot = semi-automatic

One trigger pull multiple shots = automatic

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Do you even know?
Semiauto and auto are vastly different.
Educate yourself on weapons before you speak.
It'll go better for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I did that a while back. Doesn't look like it sank in.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: oops

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No.

Firearm Trade Industry

Let me help you...either gun --- eight shots --- both very fast.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No.

Firearm Trade Industry

Let me help you...either gun --- eight shots --- both very fast.

now go look up the official story on JFK's shooting. Oswald was able to get of several on target shots with a bolt action. And no, his bolt action was not automatic.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

No.

Firearm Trade Industry

Wait a minute, you forgot;
Squeeze fires-release fires = Binary
Probably the one binary identifying thing they won't like...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join