It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service failures prompts calls for agent recruitment changes...again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There should be one set of standards, for everyone. To do otherwise is double standards and hypocritical. Why dei?

There's MERIT then there's nothing.
We deserve the best, not the bs racist dei crap, push back or pushed aside.

We believe that there ought to be one set of standards for Secret Service agents. There shouldn't be multiple different ways you can qualify based upon your sex or your political beliefs. If people who are being protected by [the] Secret Service – if they want the opportunity to let those who can't meet full historic standards on their details, let them handle it. Don't force it upon everybody else and potentially make them more vulnerable to an assassination attempt. There should be one set of standards."

Woke Secret Service Sucks and They Know It

How did America ever get to this point, especially after knowing our enemies will stop at nothing to crippled America.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

I think they first have to give evidence that DEI was the cause of the failed protection of Trump rather than their operational planning and the investigations into that are not yet completed. Jumping the gun a little IMO.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

You may be playing devil's advocate here, but it only makes you look like a supporter of the dei bs. So I'll let this be known, DEI is a problem in and of itself, attaching it to other things make them worse. DEI isn't going to solve a damn thing, makes it worse. Meritocracy goes out the window.

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion have failed. How about ...
www.weforum.org...
The DEI industrial complex came into existence as a preemptive defense to avoid litigation by members of protected classes, particularly under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. For decades, the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies have implemented DEI trainings, or other initiatives for their employees.

Why Diversity Programs Fail - Harvard Business Review
hbr.org...
Businesses started caring a lot more about diversity after a series of high-profile lawsuits rocked the financial industry. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, Morgan Stanley shelled out $54 ...

DEI Has Failed; We Do Not Need More of It | The Heritage ...
www.heritage.org...
In truth, studies show that DEI offices accomplish little more than producing a lot of bureaucratic sound and fury on the taxpayers’ dime. ... The research demonstrates failure. Teachers ...

The DEI Industry Needs to Check Its Privilege - The Atlantic
www.theatlantic.com...
The DEI spending of 2020 and 2021 was a signal sent from executives to workers that the bosses are good people who value DEI, a signal executives sent because many workers valued it. Put another ...

Any one with Common Sense, can figure it out.
Only a biased hypocrite, would suggest otherwise.

People who choose woke, support dei, those who don't do not. It's that simple.

Go ahead thought, play devil's advocate and see where it gets you, having too open of a mind, may cause ones brain to fall out...

🍻

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   

And having a closed mind causes rot as fresh air can't get in and circulate.

Again, the investigations are not yet complete and you nor anyone else can make the determination that DEI was the main reason for their failures.

Equality for all - isn't that what that GOP politician, Josh Beecheen said before?, it looks like he doesn't put his political statements where his religious convictions are. So far he seems hypocritical to me.

edit on q00000033731America/Chicago4848America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

We could agree to disagree.

I'm not interested in giving anything dei chance, it's a commie demoralization scheme, and people who choose not to ignore that, can see it for what it is.

As for the assassination attempt and the fault for it, incompetent agents who never should have been there, and the political appointee formerly in charge. Their inexperience showed and every talking head on video has already said so.

We don't need an investigation, countless security professionals already gave their Expert opinions and we can see for ourselves.

The federal government and it's agencies are full, FULL of incompetent political appointees. Period.

Democrats under o'buma regime, replaced the meritocracy with an incompetent autocracy.

That is my report of the situation.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   

It is irresponsible to say an investigation is not needed from anyone who is saying it IMO.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

It is irresponsible to say an investigation is not needed from anyone who is saying it IMO.

I'm not saying that.

Am saying the investigation should be done by now, and the professionals in that industry have stated as much.

Why is the counter sniper survey, being withheld?
It's not classified and is public information...

Why is it the left can always resolve any thing, to do with Trump before it's official investigation results come out, but everything else needs more time...how much time?

Enough time so that it drags out until the next scandal and it's forgotten then buried?

What exactly are you waiting for?
The next bs "Official Story" ...

I am not interested in entertaining the lefts woke commie bs.

Nor those who do, open mind or not, I will not capitulate to the known enemies of these not so United States of America.

It is, what it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Why does it always have to be DEI?

Just thinking of all the past assassination attempts on politicians, all I can recall is most of them were out of doors. Does it not stand to reason to you that that alone is a main factor, or has many factors as to why SS would fai?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Who cares about DEI being the cause here, it's still a moronic idea. Never in the history of mankind have feelz topped merit.
It's inane.
I say that as a petite woman who can't be many things because of it. For some strange reason I can accept this, based on logic.
You know why?
Because I have other merits, big strong muscle men don't have.
I worked in science, I am creative and many other things which would put me ahead in certain jobs.

Nobody is saying to completely ignore for example women in jcertain jobs.
If a tall, strong, experienced woman applies, hire her if she fits the bill. It doesn't matter what gender if the person fits the bill.

But DEI is so crazy now that totally incapable people are hired just because of their chromosomes or skin colour or other dumb reasons, even if they are totally incompetent.

Life isn't a playground, humans are not all the same.
Certain jobs require merit over feelz.

Can this be abused? Certainly, but so can DEI. That's what we have courts for. Only difference at the moment is that it seems DEI cannot be challenged.

I only want equality where differences truly don't matter.
Otherwise I am full on for merit only, even if the outcome makes the blue haired kidults cry.

Was this failure down to DEI? My eyes who watched the assassination malarkey say, partly yes.
Not all of it, but some of it. Just the presence of short, some quite unfit, women running (one was hiding) around like headless chicken should scare any next client.

Those shouldn't be there at all. At all. It's like a beehive making their worst bees watch the hive. Nature doesn't do DEI, only some dumb humans do.

edit on 24-7-2024 by Hecate666 because: A word

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Nobody has proved DEI hires do not have merit.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Am I stupid here? I said that in my post. The word DEI shouldn't even exist. If someone has merit, then they are not a DEI hire.
If you however let better candidates go because of superficial crap, then it becomes a problem.

You couldn't have read and digested my post at all. I don't like reactive skimmers of posts.
ETA, I have worked with DEI hires personally, who put lives at risk. So have many others. Don't need an official approvement for direct observations.
edit on 24-7-2024 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Am I stupid here? I said that in my post. The word DEI shouldn't even exist. If someone has merit, then they are not a DEI hire.
If you however let better candidates go because of superficial crap, then it becomes a problem.

You couldn't have read and digested my post at all. I don't like reactive skimmers of posts.

And I don't like reactive knee-jerk posts which are worthy of skimming.

Again, nobody has proven those DEI hires did not have merit.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   
DEI hires .... getting hired for having a vagina or more melanin in your skin than a white person ... NOT getting hired for merit or ability or talent. End DEI recruitment. It's obviously racist and insane at it's core. Instead of building something up ... it just tears it down to lowest levels.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
DEI hires .... getting hired for having a vagina or more melanin in your skin than a white person ... NOT getting hired for merit or ability or talent. End DEI recruitment. It's obviously racist and insane at it's core. Instead of building something up ... it just tears it down to lowest levels.

That could happen in some situations, but the way you are going on about it, it appears you think it goes on everywhere. Again, in this specific case with SS, it has not been proven that DEI hires do not have merit.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

So you did skim!
How did you know it wasn't worthy reading?
I know, you realised it was contrary to your own opinion.

Shame. But we can't discuss anything further now, because you don't read nor even try to understand why other people have concerns.
I am never unreasonable, you'd know this if you'd ever read my posts. I'm coming from a point of logic. It's how I'm wired.

I can even be convinced of things I wasn't before, but that requires first understanding where I'm coming from and then I'd like thoughtful reasons as to why I'm wrong.

Unfortunately you don't meet that requirement as of now.

Read my frigging long post and digest it before you react. I'd appreciate it more than you think.
How can you be for DEI if you already cancelled me without even reading?

Why would I trust your opinion on who to hire with such a closed mind?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Secret Service Failures Prompt Calls for Recruitment Changes

...brought a magnifying glass to the Secret Service's recent diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives that some experts have criticized as counterintuitive

Counterintuitive. Yeah.

It's called COMMON SENSE.

Hire someone simply because they have a vagina, or more melanin than someone else, instead of because of ability or talent .... you are going to get problems.

I mean ... comeon .... DUH!

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The first impression of your post let me know everything I needed to know and yes we can't.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

lol Fox News and Josh Breecheen, I think not.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

it's the entire premise of DEI. You can't defend what you cannot comprehend.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
How come they don't allow the physically handicapped (think person who requires the use of a wheelchair for mobility) into the Secret Service?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join