It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service failures prompts calls for agent recruitment changes...again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Now you're just F'ing with me right?

Deny ignorance my friend

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   
@ everyone

Like this Kevlar body armor against the velocity of bullets from an automatic weapon?

So the retired military special ops guy was right and you all are wrong.

edit on q00000003731America/Chicago0909America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Go ahead and go to point 3:42.

You're welcome

ETA:

And 5:53
edit on 24-7-2024 by wAnchorofCarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

For those of us that cannot access the video at this time, why not give a brief description of the actual test being ran?

The shooter in the Trump scenario was using an DPMS AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NATO. That firearm uses a variety of ammo, usually the most common available is a 55grn FMJ. If using a level IIIA armor, this would be stopped without hesitation.

The only way that a SS agent's body armor would not stop this round is if they were not using proper protection, or they were not wearing it all together.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

"play devil's advocate"

OK, in reality DEI doesn't even matter anymore! The pool of available workers is so crappy it wouldn't make any difference to do away with DEI. Who does DEI actually discriminate against? White males? The statistics show that something like 60% of college graduates are female of which 20% are Gay. These jobs require college degrees. In the meantime, the percentage of whites as graduates of College/University is falling every year.

Bottom line? You gonna get DEI whether you like it or not! If you flew on a commercial airliner today........who was your pilot?

And then there's the matter of the level of "fitness" required for jobs at the SS or the FBI or the Military. Wonder why they can no longer meet recruitment quotas? Less than 50% of the pool of potential volunteers for the all volunteer military meet the fitness requirements.

Oh.....wait. I'm wrong......only 23% meet fitness requirements:
www.military.com...

A new study from the Pentagon shows that 77% of young Americans would not qualify for military service without a waiver due to being overweight, using drugs or having mental and physical health problems.

It's already game over, DEI or no.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Right, so what type of body armor were the SS agents wearing? Was Trump wearing body armor? Facts please. Include the shooter's bullet type too.
edit on q00000014731America/Chicago1515America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

See my last post asking for sources and facts to back up your claims.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
Right, so what type of body armor were the SS agents wearing? Was Trump wearing body armor? Facts please. Include the shooter's bullet type too.

That is on you to clarify.

As it was your claim that:

It didn't matter what any agents did or didn't do because bullets from an AR15 would still have gone through their bodies and into Trump.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

we don't have that information yet. All we know are the facts that exist. But wanting to be right, doesn't change any facts. Body armor can stop a round, not all rounds, but most. And there are different kinds of armor, based on weight, and need. Just as there are different rounds, based on weight and need. I can kill a squirrel with a pellet gun, or a 300 win mag. Squirrel just as dead either way. But one is a little excessive.

Not telling you your business, but arguing about things you have ZERO idea about is what makes you so damn silly. I have actually seen semi intelligent posts from you, but not many.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You Can't hire a 5 feet tall person to guard a 6 feet tall person.
That's just Common Sense and it is terribly lacking in our Government Officals.
this D.E.I B.S. is beyond Stupidity.
If you can't do the Job that you are hired for you Don't need the job.
there seems to be no Qualification for Idiots.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If you could read, I was not claiming anything. I was simply giving you facts as to how body armor works and the type of body armor one would need to combat the most common ammo used for the firearm used.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The CULTURE of being a SECRET "untouchable" service, produces horrible top level leaders. The agency needs to be rebuilt from the TOP DOWN, and given a new name.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

originally posted by: PorkChop96

No member was being attacked bud, try again.

Substance is there, you are just blinded by your TDS and bias echo chamber that you have lived in your whole life.

Substance and facts are not there, IMO and that is why we can't have a reasonable and kind discussion.

Have you considered that if you are the only one who can't have a reasonable discussion that just maybe it's not everyone else who is unreasonable?

Have you considered that political bias and taking sides will always have triggered members?

There is nothing wrong with being ' Wrong

It's how we learn and grow but then again that's why so many Adult Humans are still children in their mind . They cannot accept when they are wrong and they cannot accept that they are responsible for their Actions .

Blaming others for your Problems is a Mental condition many people never grow beyond .

Those Three woman in the video I posted above should not be anywhere near the Secret Service Protection Detail for Trump or anyone for that matter. They are so completely clueless as to what they are doing it's pathetic .

This is the Secret Service we are talking about , The most high end Private Security on the PLANET and they have three woman who stand probably 5ft 4 ' ....... Are you kidding ? is this a joke ? No that is the reality just like the song says .

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

If you could read, I was not claiming anything. I was simply giving you facts as to how body armor works and the type of body armor one would need to combat the most common ammo used for the firearm used.

Good try.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Of course they are wearing Body Armor ? Of course Trump was wearing Body armor ?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Of course they are wearing Body Armor ? Of course Trump was wearing Body armor ?

Sources?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Not sure what you're on about now.

I made no claims, I had opinions and yet you still are ignorant to that fact.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Sources?

WHAT !!!!!!!

Oh wow you're Cognitive dissonance is really showing .

You are so clearly out of your depth with this conversation you are drowning mate let it go .
edit on 24-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The Trump shooter didn't have an automatic AR15. šŸ˜ƒ

The whole concept is moot now. Go back and edit all your posts now.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Trump shooter didn't have an automatic AR15. šŸ˜ƒ

The whole concept is moot now. Go back and edit all your posts now.

Is this news piece incorrect?

An AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle was recovered by law enforcement at the scene of the attempted assassination of former President Donald J. Trump at his rally in Butler, Pa., on Saturday.

The AR-15 rifle, billed as ā€œAmericaā€™s rifleā€ by the National Rifle Association, has been commonly used by mass shooters and is one of the most ubiquitous weapons in the United States.

AR-15-style rifles are frequently customized with easy-to-purchase scopes and other accessories that can make even an untrained shooter lethal.

The rifle can be built to fire heavier and lighter rounds, such as .22-caliber and .308-caliber, but most commonly fires a 5.56-millimeter round, and has an effective range of between 500 and 800 yards.

In the hands of a trained shooter, accuracy at that range is difficult but possible, especially if the rifle is supported by bipods or sandbags that can stabilize the sway of its barrel.

www.nytimes.com...

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join