It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,100 Migrants Arrived in First 10 Days of Labour Government

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I've got a feeling not much is going to happen , no reports of much except Anti-racist protesters are on the street , there have been many calls from figures on the right to calm it down hopefully they have been heeded and a more thoughtful and organised approach will be taken , stop giving Starmer the ammunition he's feeding on.
edit on 7-8-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Still wont do it. You still have to put your name on it, then they trace your IP. No thanks
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I find it very odd that the number of protests has, in the last 24 hours, gone from 30-40 during the week to 100 expected tonight.
Hmmmmmm......
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Starmer has factory courts running so they're ploughing through the majority and concentrating on the few , the question has to be how much is this impacting on our already stretched judicial system.

The count currently stands at 101,476.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Two Tier Kier Starmer took UK Govt to court 20 years ago to grant asylum seekers benefits.

Our future under a Starmer government set out by Starmer in a letter from 2020 , illegal migrants should be allowed to claim benefits , work and bring their families here.

The future's so bleak I've gotta wear shades .... to hide the tears for this once great nation.

Now we see why Labour are calling them "irregular migrants".

109,539 Signatures.
www.change.org...

edit on 8-8-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As an update to the title of this thread more than 4,000 migrants have now arrived in Britain on small boats since Sir Keir Starmer entered 10 on the 4th July.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

11 Days Really ?

More like the actual figures under the Tory's was squashed.
Nice try though .

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

11 Days Really ?

In the 7 days to July 21st 1,426 migrants were brought to England , last week 1,071 were brought here.

Over 1 million illegal migrants entered the EU last year many of them heading this way since Germany tightened its asylum process and Starmer opened our border even further.

With the Olympics wrapping up this weekend next weeks figures could be eyewatering.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Signatures to the petition for Starmer to stand down have risen to 116,617.
www.change.org...
edit on 8-8-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The antics of our new "guests " Starts at 1.14.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

All signatories will probably be arrested on counter-terrorism charges.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I'm not sure a petition of roughly 0.17% of the UK population is going to have too much sway but it is certainly a more constructive approach than we've been seeing.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

All signatories will probably be arrested on counter-terrorism charges.

Where are they going to put them ? Prisons are full.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Agreed , it won't change anything but it will be being watched in Labour central office , the higher the number the more they have to think about.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Agreed , it won't change anything but it will be being watched in Labour central office , the higher the number the more they have to think about.

It's a way away from reaching that level though. Perhaps they should lower their expectations if they want attention from Labour central office. Make a more popular request or at least reframe the request because clearly the overwhelming majority doesn't lack confidence in Starmer's handling, or is at least willing to give the situation time to properly play out before making any sort of decision in that respect.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The antics of our new "guests " Starts at 1.14.

The way he wont answer a question on the cause of the riots shows me theres an agenda at play here. He wont even talk about why people are angry, talk about helping his own countrymen and women.
He's a bleedin' disgraceful PM, worst one ive seen since, since, since the last one lol. No seriously, since Thatcher. We Irish didnt like her for obvious reasons.
15 grand to get on a dinghy and put your life in danger like that? Might give the lads a call and see can we get to Calais for a weeks eh, fun and sunshine. Now where can i buy a few rubber dinghy's lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Signatures to the petition for Starmer to stand down have risen to 116,617.
www.change.org...

Current number of signatures has risen overnight to 119,745.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
We're All Far Right Now (Official Music Video).

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Current number of signatures has risen overnight to 119,745.

At this point it doesn't really matter, it has achieved it's aim of reaching 100,000 signatures and therefore whoever raised the petition can apply for the petition to be considered for debate by parliament - once the incumbents set up the new committee that is.

www.gov.uk...

As I said earlier, a vote of no confidence in the PM is unlikely to result from the petition unless it exceeds the number of those who voted him in in the first place, they do have to consider the petition but I'd just manage your expectation a little of what that entails, but the process at least, is reasonably transparent.

The more people who understand and utilise the petitioning process, both directly to government and via their local MPs, the more likely they are to recognise their own agency and have their voices heard and perhaps little less likely to let others plant seeds of political powerlessness in their heads.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   

That is brilliant! I'd probably get a 'ban' if I posted that on my social media! Sad really.
Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join