It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A closer look at Trump's shooter: Thomas Matthew Crooks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Good analysis. Couple of questions.

How could someone hide a gun there a couple of days before? Tough to hide that through a pre event sweep of the area. How did he know a couple days before that he would be able to get a shot off from that location? Did he get it from the van or someone else hide it closer to the time?

Easy. If you've ever looked carefully at the siding on a metal building right at the ground, the metal sheeting stops usually a couple inches up off the ground. Perfect place to stash a firearm, and it could have been left there right next to the ladder or a few feet away. A person would just need to tuck it underneath the bottom edge of the sheeting, and you'd never see it. A person could walk right by it and not see it. You'd never think to look there.

Now, the question of how did he know is a little more involved. I would say it was just a lucky guess on his part based on the ladder being there. A couple days before the rally the temporary fence around the venue was set up. He would have seen that his chosen building was outside the fence and it had a ladder, so he just stashed it there. Again, I think it was all just a fantasy at that point. He was playing like he was in a movie and never expected it to become real.

With the ladder, looks like it was already there so far. How the team inside missed it? Yet the shooter knew about it? Got caught with a range finder 30 minutes before. This implies that it is the first time he had been to that location to prepare, or maybe he just had to check where the stage actually was? He was familiar enough with his weapon to dial it in. Got the height spot on.

There is absolutely no excuse for the pre-event security sweeps by the SS (or anyone else) to have missed this ladder. If the SS or LEO's weren't going to use this building as a location to stage a counter-sniper team, then the ladder should absolutely have been removed. The SS completely owns this serious lapse in security. This was a major failure.

Getting caught with the range finder is another serious lapse in security (by the SS / LEO's). There's no credible reason for a person to have a laser range finder at such an event; he should have been detained immediately upon discovery of this device (but he wasn't). Plus, the range finder shows just how amateur he really was. At that distance, no range finder would have been required. Anyone familiar with the 5.56 NATO round ballistics would know this.

Good questions.

I know the system ain't perfect. It does work better when more eyes are on it catch the mistakes.

edit on 7/17/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:03 AM
link   

If the fence was setup a couple of days before, was also the stage? Or enough to know where it was going to be? Much better time to do any range finding as he was doing his situation analysis and preparations.

I don't know where the gun was. Having it near the ladder does make the plan more feasible. Walking a long way through the crowds with a rifle is risky.

With how the system has treaded Trump since his first election and the political division going on, the idea of some faction within the government wanting him out is on the radar. JFK, 9/11, the state has a reputation.

I don't know how the internal investigations will go. With Trump still alive, a lot of support to keep it that way. Some reports that Jill Biden caused some last minute changes to the security detail that was supposed to be there. Could there be a few bad apples in key administrative positions that looked for an opportunity to stop the Trump train?

Could some group that the shooter was a part of had been infiltrated by the the CIA or some part of the anti Trump faction? Someone connected enough to the bad apples in the administration?

Maybe you are right? The kid fell to demonic forces and instead of all his hate fulfilling his goals, it backfired and made what he hate even stronger? Maybe there was some greater planning and organization going on with it?

With trust in short supply these days, can be tough finding the solid evidence to put things beyond reasonable doubt.
edit on 17-7-2024 by kwaka because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:53 AM
link   
One other possible source of the gun, he broke it down and had it in a back pack. There are reports he was walking with a back pack later after earlier using the range finder. The location where the ladder was does provide some cover to reassemble it. He did not have a back pack on the roof.

Is the back pack at the base of the ladder? No longer needed and lower his profile on the roof. With using the range finder that day, it does suggest that was his first time there, took +30 min getting prepared on the day. How did he know about the ladder?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:54 AM
link   

he had asked his daddy if he could borrow his AR-15 Saturday morning so he could go to the range.

The ladder was attached to the building and was in pictures both before and after the event.

these are things that have been shown or said to be true thus far. Not saying your theory isn't good, just that a couple facts are "wrong" at this time.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Recent news: "Three days after attempted assassination, Trump shooter remains an elusive enigma"

apnews.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'd like to know what the FBI has found regarding his movements leading up to this. From his phone or car GPS perhaps.
The venue is about an hour and a half from where he lives. I would think if he prepped anything prior, his movements would show it. If not, how did he get that close with a gun, ammo, range finder....?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been debunked here already...but:

“That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there’s a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn’t want to put somebody up on a sloped roof,” she told ABC News in a startling admission.

www.msn.com... /ar-BB1q5qr6

Except, that doesn't fly, because the roof where the Secret Service snipers were, were also just as sloped!

But, I guess that's the excuse Cheatle was given from agents on the ground. Still, there's no excuse for passing on such a lie to the media.
edit on 2620242024k02America/Chicago2024-07-17T11:02:26-05:0011am2024-07-17T11:02:26-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Well I think her statement shows that this was probably an inside job, If that is the talking point she was told to give.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

There is a video of a woman screaming his name after he climbed on the roof. She screams..."CROOKS...get over here! What are you DOING???...

This sounds like a video I did come across, but it sounded like the lady was screaming Joe NOT Crooks?

Unless its another video you are talking about?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Except, that doesn't fly, because the roof where the Secret Service snipers were, were also just as sloped!

In fact, the roof with the counter-snipers had a much greater slope.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Report from ABC says the latter was not used, that he climbed atop the roof by an AC unit. It also says he had no support or accomplices, and no mention of attending the rally with a group of friends.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 17-7-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

No he didn't.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You're wrong.
LOOK at the side-by-side image of roofs:
ussanews.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
One other possible source of the gun, he broke it down and had it in a back pack. There are reports he was walking with a back pack later after earlier using the range finder. The location where the ladder was does provide some cover to reassemble it. He did not have a back pack on the roof.

Is the back pack at the base of the ladder? No longer needed and lower his profile on the roof. With using the range finder that day, it does suggest that was his first time there, took +30 min getting prepared on the day. How did he know about the ladder?

That Scenario makes more Sense . He would want to have his Weapon with him at All times in case he could not retrieve it from a hidden Location . His Backpack could also be Used to hold Other items he thought he would Need to have with him at the time . As for the Ladder , did there happen to be Any Photos of the Building Prior to Sat. July 13th that Show a Ladder in that Location ? There are Still to Many Questions to be addressed about this whole thing , and in Time I am sure more Information will come to Light .

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Ha! Are you serious? Take a look at your own post.

The top pic of the government sniper's is a much steeper roof than the one in you second image that the crooks was on.

The roof the cops say was too steep to get on is practically flat.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

You're wrong.
LOOK at the side-by-side image of roofs:

CarlLafong

Sorry. I read your post wrong. I thought you said the shooters roof was too sloped. In fact, it's Cheatle that's wrong here, like I originally posted.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Here’s a very interesting view of the buildings, and both ladders.
Probably raises more questions than answers…

x.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Just saw this:

LOL... this the same roof that was too sloped for snipers.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: CarlLaFong

Just saw this:

LOL... this the same roof that was too sloped for snipers.

It's concerning that they can't manufacture more believable excuses for their actions (or lack thereof).

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Really ? Looks to me like a Dude that can Wiz with the Best of Them . I'm Jealous ! .........*)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join