It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A closer look at Trump's shooter: Thomas Matthew Crooks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good afternoon ATS,
Yesterday, we all saw the attempted assassination on Donald Trump at his rally in Pennsylvania. Im sure many of us were glued to our data-sources, youtube, various news websites, for a good part of the afternoon. I keep hearing diff bits of info about the shooter, so I thought id take everything and condense what is known about the shooter specifically Thomas Matthew Crooks:

Name: Thomas Matthew Crooks
Race: White/Caucasian
Hometown: Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Just graduated high school.
Height: GUESSING 5'7
Weight:GUESSING 145
Hair: long brownish
Social Media presence: Discord, (facebook, instagram, x, etc....: unknown)
Weapon: "AR style" (purchased by Thomas' father)

Crooks was registered as a Republican for voting.
Crooks father is registered Republican
Crooks mother is registered Democrat.

At the bottom of page I provided 2 links where I got some of my facts, but in the "Times of India" article....they state that Thomas' Father...says he is trying to "Understand what the hell is going on"...(and thats a weird response, eh?)....and said he wanted to "Wait until I talk to law enforcement" before talking about it. It seems that according to the india article, his father was the one to purchase the gun.

Crooks made a $15 donation ONCE "in 2021" to Actblue: Actblue PAC (political action commitee) a progressive political action committee that fundraises for various democrat things. I have also seen that they report that the donation went to "Progressive Turnout Project"

Id be interested to see, which was first, if he registered as a republican first, or donated to the pac first. Its odd that a registered republican would be donating at all to any democrat fundraising organizations. My initial suspicion, without any reason, would be that some of the antifa-types....would mask as republicans and attend republican events and stuff like that to cause various disruptions or to gather information for whatever their purposes. I have seen nothing linking him (YET) with any other politically affiliated organizations such as Antifa, BLM, (the usual suspects). But wouldnt be surprised if that comes out later.

In the article from reuters, they sort of allege that the firearm may have been purchased from "Allegheny Arms and Gunworks in Bethel Park". But the gun store owner, would not disclose wether or not he sold to him, he first gave what sounds like an unequivocal NO...but then afterwards: I think his actual words were "Thats between me and God".I respect that response.

He died without ID on him and they had to ID him by other biometrics.

There were "materials able to make explosives" found in his car, and in his home.

He didnt leave a note, which (to me) indicates that maybe he thought he would be successful at this and escape? I dont know about that one, what do yall think?

I know authorities raided his house, Im sure they got his computer and hopefully it was Windows and they are able to unlock his user. I hope they go deep in there and try to see whatever kind of conversations he was into, social media he may have been involved in, and try to get to the bottom of his personal motivations and convictions that led him to do this, but ultimately, I hope that information is shared with the public because I feel like we need to know these details.

Easy to say "Well....we all know why he did this...hes been radicalized by the rhetoric from the left for the past 7 years"...which could be true. I heard somebody put it like this: that since the kid was so young, pretty much (almost half) of his lifetime....he has heard the media and half the world calling Trump: Hitler, dictator, evil, saying he needs to be stopped...etc...and it comes at a time right after Biden's failed debate when it seems many democrats kind of....well....gave up hope.

If i was a young impressionable teenager.....and wanting to do what I thought was good for my country....watching MSNBC and CNN everyday for the past 7 years.....I could understand if that is how his "radicalization" came about. But somehow, I think its deeper than just watching the wrong news stations daily. I dunno, they sure make it seem like the world is going to end and all hope is lost for humanity if trump were to be elected.

Theres many many people that hate Trump. But this one was beyond even the normal TDS that you hear and see people having....and I want to know more.

D.I.

Respectfully,
-Z

"What the hell is..": Father of suspect in Trump's assassination bid responds
Ti mes of India
Who is Thomas Matthew Crooks - Reuters

EDIT UPDATE:
"The firearm was purchased by the suspects Father" (cited from the Reuters article)
edit on 14-7-2024 by hydr0cannibal because: missed a spot

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hydr0cannibal

I personally believe you're right about the antifa bit.
He's in that age group, as it's almost exclusively that generation doing the leftist larping.

Am very doubtful that this kid was set up Eagle Eye style.
Not likely that he's a lone wolf either.

edit on 14-7-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
He’s just another victim of the lefts strategy of indoctrinating young people.
The kid grew up being groomed by the liberal degenerate system.
He's grown up seeing constant examples of violence from the others in his political party.
By slugging his face (Robert De Niro), by decapitation (Kathy Griffin, Marilyn Manson), by stabbing (Shakespeare in the Park), by clubbing (Mickey Rourke), by shooting ( Snoop Dogg), by poisoning (Anthony Bourdain), by bounty killing (George Lopez), by carrion eating his corpse (Pearl Jam), by suffocating (Larry Whilmore), by blowing him up (Madonna, Moby), by throwing him over a cliff (Rosie O’Donnell), just by generic “killing” him (Johnny Depp, Big Sean), or by martyring him (Reid Hoffman: “Yeah, I wish I had made him an actual martyr.”).
In a widely reported call to hundreds of donors last week, Biden boasted, “I have one job, and that’s to beat Donald Trump. I’m absolutely certain I’m the best person to be able to do that. So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye.”
The rhetoric from the left needs to be toned way down.
I’m surprised we haven’t seen even one democrat leader call out his own party.
They are unhinged and it continues to cost people their lives.
edit on 14-7-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am still registered as a democrat and vote in the Democrat primaries...so I can attempt to vote out the more radical liberals running for office locally in case the democrats win. At one time I was a pretty strong democrat...a moderate liberal. But now I am a conservative after seeing the left go too far and pushing too fast changes without analyzing the overall impact of their actions. They are not being rational and patient anymore, disregarding history that is pertinent.

So, I am a registered Democrat now who is voting mostly Republican in the state and federal elections. I did vote for a representative of the area here the election before this last one who was a decent woman democrat who would look out for the interests of people in our area though. Not the woman we have now though who tries to suck up to our Democrat governor and doesn't think about our citizens future in the area. Our governor thinks legalizing pot is a boom for the economy, I think it is a boom for her political future.

I am entitled to may opinion yet, something I feel will be lost if the Liberals and progressives get complete control of our government.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hydr0cannibal
Id be interested to see, which was first, if he registered as a republican first, or donated to the pac first. Its odd that a registered republican would be donating at all to any democrat fundraising organizations.

I found that odd too, but it seems he made that $15 donation on January 20th, two weeks after January 6th insurrection. It would seem that as a Republican, he did not like what he was seeing and made a one time donation to the other side.

Then again, he has never voted. He registered as a Republican, but was never 18 and this would have been his first vote.

Also seems there may be some incel behavior there. He was described as an outcast at school, sat alone for lunch, did not interact with anyone. He wore hunter/camo style clothing to school and was made fun of daily. He did not have friends. He watched online content on how to use a rifle properly and was killed in a T-Shirt from Demolition Ranch, an online website that promotes weapons and demolitions.

The FBI found bomb making material in his car, near the rally, and in his home. So he got some bomb making training somewhere, if not online.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Found on X

x.com...

Also hearing Biden speech tonight will be taped in advance

This is breaking news!

Read this!

BUTLER, Pa. (AP) — On the heels of an attempt to kill him, former President Donald Trump called Sunday for unity and resilience as shocked leaders across the political divide recoiled from the shooting that left him wounded but “fine.”
A former fire chief attending the rally with family was killed, as was the gunman. Two other people were also critically wounded.
The presumptive Republican presidential nominee said the upper part of his right ear was pierced in the shooting. His aides said he was in “great spirits” and doing well. I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin,” he wrote on his social media site. “Much bleeding took place.”In a subsequent social post Sunday, Trump said “it was God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening."
“In this moment, it is more important than ever that we stand United, and show our True Character as Americans, remaining Strong and Determined, and not allowing Evil to Win,” his post said.
Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro on Sunday identified the rallygoer who was killed as Corey Comperatore, a former fire chief from the area, and said he “died a hero.”
“His wife shared with me that he dove on his family to protect them,” Shapiro said. He declined to discuss the condition of two others who were wounded.
The FBI identified the shooter as Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, which is about 50 miles (80 kilometers) from the scene of the shooting. An FBI official said investigators had not yet determined a motive. Secret Service agents fatally shot Crooks. The gunman attacked from an elevated position outside the rally venue at a farm show in Butler, the agency said.
Not long before shots rang out, rallygoers noticed a man climbing to the roof of a nearby building and warned local police, according to two law enforcement officials.
One local police officer climbed to the roof and encountered Crooks, who pointed his rifle at the officer. The officer retreated down the ladder, and Crooks quickly took a shot toward Trump, and that’s when Secret Service snipers shot him, said the officials, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.
The officials also told AP that bomb-making materials were found inside Crooks' vehicle, and bomb-making materials were found at his home. Investigators believe the weapon Crooks used was purchased by his father at least six months ago, the law enforcement officials said. Federal agents were still working to understand when and how his son obtained the gun and to gather additional information about Crooks, according to the officials.
Crooks’ political leanings were not immediately clear. Records show Crooks was registered as a Republican voter in Pennsylvania, but federal campaign finance reports also show he gave $15 to a progressive political action committee on Jan. 20, 2021, the day President Joe Biden was sworn in to office.
Authorities told reporters that Crooks was not carrying identification so they were using DNA and other methods to confirm his identity. Law enforcement recovered an AR-style rifle at the scene, according to a person familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the investigation.

edit on p000000317pm076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He also appeared in a Black Rock commercial, according to this post/video on X (which has been hands-down the best source of news so far on this topic--CNN's first headlines claimed Trump "fell down")

x.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
from what I've seen i don't think he's a leftist at all, i think some big figure in the Republican party wants the party to stop supporting trump so they ordered this as a warning, to drop trump or the next assassin won't miss. i think the temptation of total immunity was too much for this person to resist, i think your party might be in the early phase of a power struggle between ambitious opportunists that see trump as a threat to their ambitions, since unlimited political power is the prize being offered after the immunity ruling. maybe im wrong but thats how it looks to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If i was a young impressionable teenager.....and wanting to do what I thought was good for my country....watching MSNBC and CNN everyday for the past 7 years.....I could understand if that is how his "radicalization" came about. But somehow, I think its deeper than just watching the wrong news stations daily. I dunno, they sure make it seem like the world is going to end and all hope is lost for humanity if trump were to be elected.

Maybe he has/had mommy issues and was looking for a way to engratiate himself in her eyes.
Public education plus a liberal mommy will 'trump' (sorry-:roll
common sense and daddy every time.

Since it's legal for 18 year olds to own rifles in Pennsylvania, I have to wonder why his daddy bought it for him. Perhaps a 'welcome to adulthood' gift? Dunno.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Seems quick to identify using dna. How did they do that? Fingerprint biometrics from DMV?

I’m quite convinced this is just an angry kid playing out a fantasy and no political conspiracy to see?

I don’t know, whattaya think?

edit on 14-7-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
from what I've seen i don't think he's a leftist at all, i think some big figure in the Republican party wants the party to stop supporting trump so they ordered this as a warning, to drop trump or the next assassin won't miss. i think the temptation of total immunity was too much for this person to resist, i think your party might be in the early phase of a power struggle between ambitious opportunists that see trump as a threat to their ambitions, since unlimited political power is the prize being offered after the immunity ruling. maybe im wrong but thats how it looks to me.

Doesn't sound like anyone 'ordered' this kid to do anything. He may have gotten some ideas from online chat or whatever people he was interacting with, but it seems he was making bombs, not having friends or relationships, no girlfriend ever, he was teaching himself how to shoot from watching online content... just not a very developed and not a very happy human being.

I don't even think being a registered Republican makes much difference here. Real Republicans don't act like this. He was outside all spectrums, doing what his ill brain told him to do.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There's a much bigger issue than just the shooter, since the SS ignored the shooter on the roof which they were staring at the whole time according to witnesses, and then once they saw the shooter failed and all their collective asses were on the line, they then took out the shooter.

The Secret service, (and the powers currently behind them) are guilty of attempting to facilitate a presidential assassination.

The shooter was just a tool in the toolbox of larger forces that are involved, including Joe Biden and the people behind his puppeteering, corrupt maggot filled carcass.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

i don't think he's a leftist at all

He donated money to a progressive left political fund on the very day Biden was inaugurated, and then attempted to kill Bidens political adversary months before election.
An election he knows Biden can’t win.
We don’t need him to come back to life to confirm for us that he’s a lefty.
It’s a no brainer.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is sounding more like an f u to the town he lived in. This kid wanted to be remembered for being the one who got Trump. Reports say he was badly bullied throughout school. It’s a wonder his white privilege didn’t prevent that?

They’ve put a bullseye on Trump and now the crazies are going and try to cash in on the infamy.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hard to say unless he left something to explicitly state why he did it. I'm leaning towards the usual mentally ill individual who easily got ahold of a weapon and wanted to go out big. It's a damn shame as usual.

I mean depending who he watched online, it's actually possible that he was an Alex Jones fan who on Infowars with Ivan Raikin although said it would be terrible if Trump was assassinated, also said in the same breath it would be great because retaliation assassinations would start on their hit list, from the President on down to certain media personalities. Maybe the youngster thought he would be the catalyst for change? The greatest "Patriot"? We've seen the people who actually attacked police officers on Jan 6th say in court that at the time they thought they were doing it for the good of the country. So it's not far fetched.

No way of knowing. One assumption is as good as the next at this point.
edit on 14-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: namehere

i don't think he's a leftist at all

He donated money to a progressive left political fund on the very day Biden was inaugurated, and then attempted to kill Bidens political adversary months before election.
An election he knows Biden can’t win.
We don’t need him to come back to life to confirm for us that he’s a lefty.
It’s a no brainer.

I saw a report that he registered R in order to vote against Trump in the primary.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

At least he didn't leave behind a manifesto saying he was a time traveler. That would have been a frickin' ride. Or if they found a time travel device/pad on him. Pheeeew.

As horrific as this situation is, I am marginally content that he was only an incelibate and not part of some revolution. We all know there are crazy people everywhere, we just have to tighten up and make sure they can't get access to weapons like these.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

He was in a confrontation with a policeman then proceeded to still try and succeed with the assassination.
It’s clear his objective was killing Trump, not just suicide by cop.
You don’t have to claim him as one of your own lefties.
We know.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Yes.
Pennsylvania is a closed primary state so he would have to register as a R to vote in the R primary.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

He was an antifa commie, who donated to Act Blue.

If I had to guess, he registered republican to vote for Oz in PA's closed primaries.
It's a common tactic on the left to get bad candidates on the ballot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join