It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Talk of Peace Deal is a Sham - And That's Official

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

So you say.

Yes I do, what say you?

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Imhere

You have a very odd obsession with Bandera.

How come you aren't in Ukraine fighting all these "Nazis"?

How come you’re not in Ukraine/Russia fighting all these Russians ?

Scared? Don’t care to get involved? Or is it really not in your personal backyard? Pick one. Because the more this has dragged on, the more people in the U.S. just don’t give a rats ass anymore. Last years hyped up and failed Zelensky summer offensive proves that this is probably going to lead to the negotiation table anyway coming up.

edit on 13-7-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Because I m in my 60s and am disabled.

Bored with your propaganda and defeatism.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Tolkien

Russia has had static lines against a non peer.

I don’t see how that makes the logical jump to conscription across the west.

Ukraine is OUT OF SOLDIERS.

Who, do you think, will be asked to supply the new cannon fodder ?

www.politico.eu...
"Germany scrapped the draft in 2011,but Russia's war in Ukraine is forcing a rethink."
Clear enough for you ???
CONSCRIPTION BECAUSE OF UKRAINE

Same in the UK, the "national service" option is a red herring
www.bbc.com...

You seem very eager to send "OTHER PEOPLE" to the Ukraine front to get killed !
BUT, OF COURSE, NOT YOURSELF !!!!!

If you do not respond right here with a date as to when you are going to the front in Ukraine, you are just a hypocrite, and sociopathic with "other people's" lives.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Not this BS again?

From your own source:

"Eighteen-year-olds would be able to apply for one of 30,000 full-time military placements or volunteering one weekend a month carrying out a community service.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said he believed bringing back compulsory service across the UK would help foster the "national spirit" that emerged during the pandemic.

Labour criticised the plans, expected to cost about £2.5bn, as "desperate" and "unfunded"."

There was going to be a choice and this was not "conscription".

By the way, the Conservatives are no longer in power.

Labour is.

Your propaganda looks a bit tired and stale.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: berbofthegreen

If England had never invaded Ireland, they would be 100% distinct cultures.

You do realise that The English where INVITED to invade Ireland by The Irish ?

Dermot MacMurrough was the King of Leinster during the twelfth century and is most remembered as the man who invited the English into Ireland.

www.ireland-information.com...

I wonder if they realized they made a mistake once England started murdering them and deporting them into servitude to the Americas and Australia?

You must be English because your version of history seems to forget why the Irish are not that fond of you.

You must be American. Before you take aim at The English. maybe you need to take into account the genocide your country carried out on The Native American Indians. Pot Kettle.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

www.politico.eu...
"Germany scrapped the draft in 2011,but Russia's war in Ukraine is forcing a rethink."
Clear enough for you ???

Maybe if you did some research on the topic your reaction would be less hysterical. If Germany and some other countries start thinking about the conscription, it's because they want to have a more numerous and stronger army to defend their own countries in the case of potential Russian invasion, not Ukraine. Let's not forget that half of Germany was actually under the Russian occupation during the cold war. Russian attack on Ukraine undermined the security system in Europe.

Also your idol? Trump regularly criticized Germany for not spending enough on defence. Germany is under pressure from NATO so they are trying harder.

Is this a freaking hippie forum?

Maybe if we put some flowers in our hair, hold hands and sing "Imagine", all the wars will miraculously end.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Stand tall , stand proud and if necessary die fighting or face enslavement , the time for chewing gum is over.

Well I hope you and your kids are at the top of the list for volunteers to go fight against Russia

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

www.politico.eu...
Clear enough for you ???

Maybe if you did some research on the topic your reaction would be less hysterical. If Germany and some other countries start thinking about the conscription, it's because they want to have a more numerous and stronger army to defend their own countries in the case of potential Russian invasion, not Ukraine. Let's not forget that half of Germany was actually under the Russian occupation during the cold war. Russian attack on Ukraine undermined the security system in Europe.

Also your idol? Trump regularly criticized Germany for not spending enough on defence. Germany is under pressure from NATO so they are trying harder.

Is this a freaking hippie forum?

Maybe if we put some flowers in our hair, hold hands and sing "Imagine", all the wars will miraculously end.

Ever think why Crimea was taken back by Russia? Can’t blame them when looking back 30 years how NATO has been encroaching. Did you forget when Croatia annexed part of Republic of Serbia in the 90s and wasn’t punished for it yet got a NATO membership afterwards?

Croatia annexed the Republic of Serbian Krajina during the 90s. Were they punished for that? Nope, they even joined NATO later.

Go Crimea river now.

edit on 13-7-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Thanks to your hero Putin and his expansionist aims you've got even more NATO "encroachment".

Ever think why?

Boo Hoo.

PS. You forgot to whine about Bandera.

(post by Tolkien removed for a manners violation)
(post by Tolkien removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

OK. I'll read it again with my mouth moving.....

By the way, I was actually talking about your second link, so, maybe, you might want to read my post again. Slowly?

The UK is also looking at conscription, for the same reasons.
Grow up.
If NATO sends troops to Ukraine, do you really think for a second that the non-military conscription option of "national service" will remain on the table ?

There is NO reason, NONE, for any Western nation to talk about conscription, except because of the dire situation in Ukraine.

You still have not answered my question :
When are YOU going to the Ukraine front, or is it that you just want "other people" to fight and die ?
edit on 13-7-2024 by Tolkien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
Community Announcement re: Decorum

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's not "conscription" in the UK. As is clear from your own source.

See my response to Imhere.

I'm in my sixties and am disabled.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Read, first sentence:
Clear enough for you ???
NOTHING TO DO WITH "their own defence"

The article says nothing about Germany wanting to send their soldiers to Ukraine but that the worsening security situation in Europe caused by Russian invasion of Ukraine makes Germany and other countries think about improving their military forces. Unless you have verified information about official plans to send troops to Ukraine, it's about European countries preparing for the potential global war so that they have armies ready to defend their own countries. Or the NATO territory if the article 5 is invoked. This is what it's all about in a nutshell.

Germans realized that Europe is no longer a safe space, that Russia is a potential threat so it's necessary to invest more in defence. Conscription is one of the ideas. For now on, it's merely offered for a discussion.

edit on 13-7-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I dont think Britain has any plans for conscription.

Especially now Rishi Sunaks got his jotters.
edit on 13-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

"If NATO sends troops to Ukraine, do you really think for a second that the non-military conscription option of "national service" will remain on the table ?"

Nobody thinks that will happen.

Well, no one with the slightest grip on reality, that is.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Irish people do not hate the english, no more than they do us.

What you seem to forget my friend is that even though you are Irish, I am English and the poster is neither these people know far more than you or I do about Anglo-Irish relations etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join