It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Then They Came For The Crossbows UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2
I think you are talking about Jörg Sprave. He also has a website: Slignshot channel

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You obviously have no clue about swiss culture and politics.
We are absolutely not a homogenous culture!
there are 3 zones that speak diffrent languages. There are clear lines between these zones and they are purely cultural. Politically we are even more divided. But we are swiss and we all carry the decisions taken together, no matter what party got "their way" , we trust our government and the democratic Process. Once you loose that the country loses its integrity and is easily corrupted. You can't get # done when half the population work against your democratically choosen political opponents.

Don't come with the old "US is not a democracy" bullsnip the process that includes you having a vote is called democratic. There are diffrent tiers where US is more like a farce where as our is only half a farce. It still works by the dictatorship of the masses.
It's ok to loose if you can suck it up and trust the process, it's ok to support whatever the majority wants. Otherwise you might as well live in a dictatorship...

Granted the size makes it more manageable in Switzerland, but then again it's also the allocation of resources that guarantees a certain readiness to protect citizens from crimes. Just blaming it on the size is playing the victim card.

The wording about a well regulated militia in the US constitution was suggested by the swiss that had a very strong reputation in Europe's military circles at the time.
Who'd have thought it would turn out to be taken in the sense of protecting yourself FROM the government. It kind of paints a rather unhealthy patriotism. It also underlines the Trauma the young USA was trying to cope with, getting rid of the queens shackles.

Here in Switzerland there was one mass shooting couple of years ago, in the parliament none the less. And what did we do? We changed our constitution so now you can carry your gun wherever, but you can't carry bullets.
They can only be had at shooting ranges. If you are a hunter the permit for that is so strictly regulated i don't see how somone mentally instable could ever hold up with that. Not that it was anymore easy to get a sports or leisure licence. But hunting is one of the few civilians that carry life rounds now.

Switzerland loves their guns, but there is alot of respect and honor too
It's more about the sport and comradery. It's a completely diffrent mindset. We just want to be good at shooting whomever invades us. We have the police to shoot threats to our security, and they are pretty well trained in de-escalation.

Instead of finding excuses for why the situation in the US is just fine, maybe it's time to think about how to make it better.
because I think we can all agree that the amount of kids sacrificed to the bestest gun laws in the universe is too much.
I mean grow a pair and hit them where it hurts shoot up the parliament or something, but a school or mall shooting every other week is just mental...
Something has to be done, the most effective way is make access to firearms harder. You just have to agree on the criterias you want to set and then take the bitter pill if you don't fulfill them.

There is is plethora of none lethal self defense, if your issue is anxiety.
Because if i need a gun to feel save the next anxiety driven moron might too.
so I'd gladly renounce that freedom for the benefit of everyone's security. I don't want to take away the guns of those who are apt to wield them. I just don't want to see them in the hands of irresponsible people. You need regulations to guarantee that... How this doesn't want to get into some peoples head is worrying.

At this point you might as well use them to try and take the whole thing down. See how that goes...

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   
problem
reaction
solution

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

so I'd gladly renounce that freedom for the benefit of everyone's security

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” -Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

A net won't drop a man with ill intent from 25 yards like a gun or crossbow would do. Helpless victims here is their battle cry.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

your word salad ended for me when you tried to say we are a democracy, we have not and have never been a true democracy... you are forgetting the republic aspect of our nation and if you think that is wrong you obviously know nothing about our country.

Also its hard to maintain trust in the country when half the country is saying we are responsible for every evil ever in the history of mankind. The whole communist play book we are currently going through, the left destroyed the cohesiveness through the department of education teaching young people to hate their country, coupled with open fricking borders.

We have had more people in 3 and a half years come in than the entire population of the swiss, you cant maintain any sort of country with those two things happening.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Lol the wordsalad is only so because of the sauce you call a brain...

The process that gives you a vote is called democratic... Thats all i said!!!
Triggred by a word you don't even understand it's meaning... Lol indeed

For the rest of your divisive rant, it takes two to tango and everyone with the slightest foresight saw that division coming a mile away. Have fun...

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Oh Benji... He was a wise man, I'm sure you are against seat belts too.

I get it you rather have every nutjob have a gun, so you can have one too. Who cares about the kids in the schools or the malls, it's a necessary sacrifice.... Right?

i say blood on all those hands that think USA gun law is just dandy, your a bunch of kid murdering psychopaths by proxy.

The only thing i take is that you'd all loose the right to bear arms because you are the nut jobs that shouldn't be alowed to wield them....

the world is disgusted by humans that have no compassion for the kids and this will just keep on eroding the polished image of a great nation, now in rapid decline... Like a psychopath with guns refusing any treatment, you know authorities will have to intervene sooner or later...

Good times

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 02:15 AM
link   

A well REGULATED militia works

Yes, to promote civil wars and destroy the state.

It's happening around you even as you type.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Good post.

I sort of gave up trying to discuss this some time ago.
Gun ownership and The Second Amendment are so ingrained in American psyche it is genuinely almost impossible to have a reasoned discussion.

They are right, European style legislation would only result in criminals having lots and lots of guns and being able to terrorise at will. But they seem to refuse to accept that its not normal, that what they have at present isn't working and that they need to have open and honest discussion and debate about what to do because they simply can't carry on like they are.

But that is for them to work out, its their problem and for America and Americans to find a workable solution.

I was interested in reading how things are in Switzerland, a place I've never been despite travelling all over Europe.
Of course I know bits and pieces about Switzerland but not as much as I should.

As for the open carry laws in Switzerland; I don't want to seem stupid - which is pretty hard because I am - but obviously the guns can be loaded with one clip or whatever its just you can't carry ammunition to relaod them?

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah sure if you got the permit for open carry which is so hard to get it's very rare, you can carry a loaded gun.

That law is for anything competitive, from home to the range and back, and i was wrong you can carry your ammunition, but all the clips have to be empty...

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Ahhh the glove gun. Bane of my youth and source of much mirth for my older siblings.

a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Vermilion

Oh Benji... He was a wise man, I'm sure you are against seat belts too.

I get it you rather have every nutjob have a gun, so you can have one too. Who cares about the kids in the schools or the malls, it's a necessary sacrifice.... Right?

i say blood on all those hands that think USA gun law is just dandy, your a bunch of kid murdering psychopaths by proxy.

The only thing i take is that you'd all loose the right to bear arms because you are the nut jobs that shouldn't be alowed to wield them....

the world is disgusted by humans that have no compassion for the kids and this will just keep on eroding the polished image of a great nation, now in rapid decline... Like a psychopath with guns refusing any treatment, you know authorities will have to intervene sooner or later...

Good times

Compassion for kids? Don’t the swiss guard the pope? Does that make you a country of pedophile thieves by proxy?

Any clarification you care to provide would be greatly appreciated 👍
edit on 13-7-2024 by Dalamax because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

We used to make them out of a couple of bits of spare timber, a few nails, and rubber bands from the postman.

They shot the old wooden clothespegs a good fair distance depending on the quality of the bands.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Eloquently put.

And I think you may well have hit a few nails on the head there Terpene.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Only the top of the military crop gets to be a swiss guard, and in switzerland that means you're so incredibly law abiding the pope is most definetly a siner in comparison. I wouldn't be surprised if the swiss guard is kept far away from any shady stuff that might happen.

But hey if you want to move the goalpost I guess you could insinuate that. I do wonder how many of the known cases of protecting and moving pedo priests are US based occurances...
All the goal post moving isn't going to change the disgusting fact that the amount of life lost to needles gun violence in the US is inaceptable for a 1st world country, nice try though...

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You obviously never read Plato’s Republic, or have any idea where the idea of democratic representation comes from.

Just because the majority of people believe something does not make it fact or true. The truth of this desire to ban anything that is dangerous to the government, because it’s “for the children” or “the common good” takes away rights from those who are law abiding, who have done nothing wrong.

If owning a firearm for protection from bad actors, makes one a nut job, what do you use for self defense where you live? Do you have a baseball bat? Because statistically speaking more people die from blunt force trauma in a day than those who die from firearms in a year.

I look forward to the day when your kind find themselves in a dangerous world, looking for people like me and others to protect them with our firearms. We will hopefully have the common sense to say “No” and let you starve. Because it is your inherent weakness and lack of intellectual honesty that will bring about the violence that is coming very soon in this country at the hands of people just like you who believe things that are not true.

A reply to: Terpene

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They can NOT take your bows!
Unless the King repeal a Old law!

King Henry 13th century ?.
passt a edicts that people must practice Archery.

Queen Elizabeth I.
some time before 1603 passt the law again!

odinsonarchery.com...

I did Try to look up more!
But Google No longer lets you find Good info.
its all controlled by Google.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Unseendimension

People like me... how creative, but still a huge fail...

I'd rather have a bad actor with a baseball bat than with a gun, and I'd rather see guns in the hands of good actors.

The question is are you willing to set rules that ensure bad actors have a hard time getting a gun, while good actors get a chance to proof they're apt for it?

The diffrence between the good guy with a gun and the bad guy with a gun is more often than not just a mental disposition to snap. Sounds like most are only affraid that they wouldn't be mentally apt to wield a gun if put to the test...

I'm not from the US, Switzerland and people like me will be just dandy... We have plenty of guns, and we stand united as one country... Very few consider their guns to protect from domestic threats. It's sports and patriotism. Some people will never touch a gun because they do not fulfill the requirements, and that's ok with me... Because the stats clearly say that it works.

I'm sorry to tell you, but to swiss people US gun culture is barbaric.
Definitely not how civilized people treat a tool to protect first and foremost your country.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You obviously have no clue about swiss culture and politics.
We are absolutely not a homogenous culture!
there are 3 zones that speak diffrent languages. There are clear lines between these zones and they are purely cultural. Politically we are even more divided. But we are swiss and we all carry the decisions taken together, no matter what party got "their way" , we trust our government and the democratic Process. Once you loose that the country loses its integrity and is easily corrupted. You can't get # done when half the population work against your democratically choosen political opponents.

Don't come with the old "US is not a democracy" bullsnip the process that includes you having a vote is called democratic. There are diffrent tiers where US is more like a farce where as our is only half a farce. It still works by the dictatorship of the masses.
It's ok to loose if you can suck it up and trust the process, it's ok to support whatever the majority wants. Otherwise you might as well live in a dictatorship...

Granted the size makes it more manageable in Switzerland, but then again it's also the allocation of resources that guarantees a certain readiness to protect citizens from crimes. Just blaming it on the size is playing the victim card.

The wording about a well regulated militia in the US constitution was suggested by the swiss that had a very strong reputation in Europe's military circles at the time.
Who'd have thought it would turn out to be taken in the sense of protecting yourself FROM the government. It kind of paints a rather unhealthy patriotism. It also underlines the Trauma the young USA was trying to cope with, getting rid of the queens shackles.

Here in Switzerland there was one mass shooting couple of years ago, in the parliament none the less. And what did we do? We changed our constitution so now you can carry your gun wherever, but you can't carry bullets.
They can only be had at shooting ranges. If you are a hunter the permit for that is so strictly regulated i don't see how somone mentally instable could ever hold up with that. Not that it was anymore easy to get a sports or leisure licence. But hunting is one of the few civilians that carry life rounds now.

Switzerland loves their guns, but there is alot of respect and honor too
It's more about the sport and comradery. It's a completely diffrent mindset. We just want to be good at shooting whomever invades us. We have the police to shoot threats to our security, and they are pretty well trained in de-escalation.

Instead of finding excuses for why the situation in the US is just fine, maybe it's time to think about how to make it better.
because I think we can all agree that the amount of kids sacrificed to the bestest gun laws in the universe is too much.
I mean grow a pair and hit them where it hurts shoot up the parliament or something, but a school or mall shooting every other week is just mental...
Something has to be done, the most effective way is make access to firearms harder. You just have to agree on the criterias you want to set and then take the bitter pill if you don't fulfill them.

There is is plethora of none lethal self defense, if your issue is anxiety.
Because if i need a gun to feel save the next anxiety driven moron might too.
so I'd gladly renounce that freedom for the benefit of everyone's security. I don't want to take away the guns of those who are apt to wield them. I just don't want to see them in the hands of irresponsible people. You need regulations to guarantee that... How this doesn't want to get into some peoples head is worrying.

At this point you might as well use them to try and take the whole thing down. See how that goes...

My friend the whole of the constitution is written through the lens of people who didn't trust the government as they had just fought a lengthy war against one. They were afraid of another king and afraid of anything too similar to English rule (like the church of england which led to no institutionalized religion).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join