It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Then They Came For The Crossbows UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Crossbows aren't brilliant survival tools. Small game isn't worth the price or time investment in a good bolt. (The bolts go straight through then get lost in the undergrowth behind the victim.) Large game is better snared, or netted then clubbed Japanese style. Sometimes they carry them home alive to preserve the meat.

Crossbows are good for medieval style warfare.

To prevent the use of crossbows as defence weapons in the 'coming apocalypse' a false flag had to be arranged ASAP. Here it is.

Carol Hunt, 61, Hannah Hunt, 28, and Louise Hunt, 25, were killed, and evidence suggests some of the victims were tied up inside the home in the Bushey neighborhood, near London. All had been shot with a crossbow, and the attack may have involved other weapons, police said. Clifford, a 26-year-old British military veteran, was seen on surveillance footage leaving the scene carrying what police believe is the crossbow used in the crime.
wegotthiscovered.com...

Clearly a mind-controlled agent who was triggered just as a new government was installed with a bucket list of oppressive legislation to administer.

The British government had just recently considered tightening crossbow regulations when Hunt’s family was killed.
wegotthiscovered.com...

It'll be airguns next, then pointed sticks.

If you're thinking of using a crossbow as an emergency survival tool in the UK maybe think again. A net may be better suited to your need.

penelope.uchicago.edu...*/Retis.html

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

if you are angry enough, a spoon could kill. Best remove them as well. It's for the kids.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

if you are angry enough, a spoon could kill. Best remove them as well. It's for the kids.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Man, that’s rough that they’re even thinking about cracking down on hobbyist type weapons.

Really makes me appreciate what I have here. There’s less regulation arguably for the AR I had before the boating accidents than the pistols that are also under water.

If I still had said pistols, they could even be in the glovebox of the car without any extra license.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

originally posted by: network dude

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That is bad news for all around.

Bolts being expensive is quite wrong though. Aluminum bolts 6.5" 50- 80 lb with screw in tips, steel tip 60 for $26.59, broadhead 25 for $31.95. Those prices are for bolts with tips. I have a couple of crossbows and some bolts stashed in outbuildings just in case. And I do practice with them. Nice little pistols. I had to make a rubber target though. Shot one info a log once. Took 10 minutes to dig that thing out with a knife. It only went in about 3/4 inch. It was a steel field point. I would hate to think of how hard it would be to get one out of bone.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Pencils, on the other hand...

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The already got the airguns in Scotland you need a licence for one now ikyn , Bloke I know had one legally and the cops came and took it away because of a motoring offence he did many years before , I was stunned when he told me .

The Dunblane incident many years ago was 100% a fit up and that was from 1st responders to the incident but the article has been scrubbed from the net of what they witnessed .

I wonder how this dude got injured and ended up in a cemetery hiding out ?

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I cannot carry a multi tool or pocket knife into a government building, in my state (nor theme parks or state/county fairs). Which I class as tools rather than weapons.
I assume you are English by your quote and link. It's a historical weapon in your country.

I know I could wield a crossbow in my state, at the lest for target practice (8 years ago- haven't checked recently), I also know I could carry a sword or a bow with (possibly looks) no legal concern, other than folk who do not know the law.

Your citizens need to start pushing back.

Stated with all respect.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Not sure I'm for outlawing them.....but no getting away from their potential misuse especially considering the tragic killings of these three women.

It most definitely is not a false flag.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I wonder how this dude got injured and ended up in a cemetery hiding out ?

I've been kinda hoping he made some attempt at suicide with the bow into his mouth, but #ed the angle up so missed his brain.
Hopefully missed major arteries as well so had a shockingly painful slow bleed before they found him...so he lives to do time.

I have a lovely old Barnett Commando crossbow, I've chuckled a few times thinking it would be my last choice for suicide...I want guaranteed fast death, not a slow bleed-out!

On topic, I wouldn't be surprised with licences for bows coming under the new Labour government...nothing surprises me now since this crazy decade started!

edit on 11-7-2024 by AdultMaleHumanUK because: Fixed typo, chucked to chuckled

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Next they will be banning pitchforks for us plebs thinking this will stop us ,But those public school boys making the rules have no idea what life is like on the streets of the UK .

Kids are walking about tooled up and do not fight with fists now they carry Stanley knives or worse in their gangs .

And some of us can make a phone call and have a gun delivered in a hour or cobble something together in the workshop real easy

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Or have Vin Diesel Kill you with the Key to a Can of Tuna Fish ....
edit on 11-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   
this is what happens when you blame inanimate objects instead of looking at crimes, mental health etc.

It will never stop.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

It is a lot of decades since I played with a crossbow last but I remember them going through telegraph poles when I was a teenager, I dread to think how powerful they got in that time just like air rifles .

I am a country boy who grew up around weapons

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
this is what happens when you blame inanimate objects instead of looking at crimes, mental health etc.

It will never stop.
This is not about stopping crime , this is about control. 100% to stop citizens a better chance to fight back.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Im glad I bought my crossbow 3 years ago.

Its 175lb draw weight and cost £250.
The bolts cost me about £35 for 6.
I spent another £30 on broad heads.

Its bloody powerfull.
I get out of breath just cocking it lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've seen Tim Wells take down a bear and to mid sized hogs with a blowgun.

Played around with blowguns myself, literally a 5 foot piece of 1/2" pvc, there is no way that will ever get banned.

Once I used a 1 foot piece of pvc with electrical tape to fit snugly in the mouth of 500 ml coke bottle, used a soldering iron to make a hole in the bottom, 4 spray pumps of alcohol, a long neck lighter and the tip of the dart ended up poking about 1/8" on the back side of a 3/4 piece of pine. IIRC 1/2" penetration in pine is considered lethal.

And then there are slingshots....

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The easiest to make when I was a kid about 10 yrs old.

We called it a Jonny gun/popper.
very simple and cheap to make.

PVC tube about 6" or more.
Or the metal tube from a bicycle seat.
Washing up glove and cloth tape.

Cut a finger of the washing up glove
PLace over the end of the pipe
Strap it with the cloth tape.

Then you simply put a roundish pebble or ball bearing down the other end.
Pinch the stone/bearing pull back and twist.
Not to accurate till youve made a few.

I made one at 10 years old and hit a glass milk bottle.
The pebble went straight through the glass leaving a perfect round hole and didnt break.

Then my brother and I started shooting each other...
didnt end to well lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Don't forget you can shoot arrows and bolts with a flip. I don't call them slingshots because they can meet a long cord that has a pocket in the middle they you swing around. Just put a rubber band across the arms to hold the arrow up. Not as accurate but if you don't have the bow or crossbow, it is possible.

I have a pocket rocket that has an arrow brush attachment. Shoots arrows or anything a flip can. It is like the rubber glove finger shooter but made for the purpose.

The person matters more than the tool. Ban the tool and the person will find or make something else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join