It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Then They Came For The Crossbows UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

Crossbows aren't brilliant survival tools. Small game isn't worth the price or time investment in a good bolt. (The bolts go straight through then get lost in the undergrowth behind the victim.)

if its a repeater it's a fairly decent weapon. and bolts are less than 3 bucks.

Cobra Adder R-Series Tactical Repeating Crossbow (V2 Magazine Bundle)

edit on 11-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

The person matters more than the tool. Ban the tool and the person will find or make something else.

Oh yeh

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

he already got the airguns in Scotland you need a licence for one now ikyn

bet they'd have a cow over this kind of air rifle. 50 cal or shot gun, punching through a 2x12 and from watching the video kicks like a mule.

edit on 11-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Actually, the 'looking into tightening crossbow rules' was an initiative of the just-kicked-out Sunak government. I'm sure Labour has far more important priorities than pursuing it. They have a whole country to put right after 14 years of right-wing wickedness and stupidity.

I hope they do, though. There was a time when only well-to-do, well-educated people could afford hobbies like this. Nowadays, though, every yob can afford a crossbow and a vicious breed dog. One doesn't have to be a Tory or a class snob to see how the world has changed, and take precautions accordingly.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I've seen Tim Wells take down a bear and to mid sized hogs with a blowgun.

Played around with blowguns myself, literally a 5 foot piece of 1/2" pvc, there is no way that will ever get banned.

Once I used a 1 foot piece of pvc with electrical tape to fit snugly in the mouth of 500 ml coke bottle, used a soldering iron to make a hole in the bottom, 4 spray pumps of alcohol, a long neck lighter and the tip of the dart ended up poking about 1/8" on the back side of a 3/4 piece of pine. IIRC 1/2" penetration in pine is considered lethal.

And then there are slingshots....

This!

There are tons of videos about how to craft simple but effective weapons made from the cheapest stuff that is everywhere available, for everybody. There is a german guy, forgot his name, who also shows how to craft very effective crossbows. I guess downloading and storing them is not a bad idea, who knows for how long YT allows such videos.

Here in Germany they are after knives like the devil after souls. Because of a "special clientele", their names are btw not Klaus, Hans, Heinrich, Hubert etc, who attract attention almost daily with meanwhile often deadly knife attacks. Politicians are happy to have a reason to create laws to make it impossible for the natives here to carry knives of any kind through more and more prohibition zones and ever smaller permitted blade sizes. In the end, you will have a completely defenceless indigenous population and countless imported criminals who don´t care for any laws at all and who are "a little more comfortable with knives", especially used as tools to attack people and not for carving.

I bought a slingshot just for fun and noticed that in a case of whatever i could kill small game like rabbits, birds, squirrels etc with it, without any problems. Some 8mm screw nuts as ammo and here we go. It was the cheapest one in a gun store (yes, we have someting like this in Germany xD) around the corner. Less than 20 Euros, steel, pistol grip, round slingshot rubber. I bet such a nut would penetrate the visor of a helmet too without any problems.

TPTB can try to make us completely defenceless but it won't work, the ingenuity of mankind is immeasurable and DIY tasks are a lot of fun too.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

Wrong!
A well REGULATED militia works if you respect the weapons and the duty is to your country. Unregulated access to fire arms and Individualism is the recipe for disaster...

Switzerland is well ahead of all you trigger happy mechanophiliacs morons...

Keep paving the way with good intentions, see where that gets you...

edit on 12-7-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
By going on about crossbows it stops folks wondering why this guy (and his jailed brother) look so muslim...

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   

This is the book written by the nurse who spent five years supporting one of the bereaved fathers as he travelled the world on the gun ban circuit. All that she saw and heard led her to realise it was a set-up. I communicated with her a few years back, she was scared after many death threats and a lot of nasty harassment. I don't know how it is for her now.

. . . meticulously researched all the evidence and presents a very different version of events from those in Lord Cullen's Report.

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter2

TPTB can try to make us completely defenceless but it won't work, the ingenuity of mankind is immeasurable and DIY tasks are a lot of fun too.

Yes, It is part of our nature to defend and protect. Trying to prevent people from defending themselves, their loved ones, their homes and in some circumstances, defenceless strangers, is also stupid and doomed to fail.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

Wrong!
A well REGULATED militia works if you respect the weapons and the duty is to your country. Unregulated access to fire arms and Individualism is the recipe for disaster...

Switzerland is well ahead of all you trigger happy mechanophiliacs morons...

Keep paving the way with good intentions, see where that gets you...

LOL, so it has #all to do with the guns, it's the mental health aspect. Whodathunkit?

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

he already got the airguns in Scotland you need a licence for one now ikyn

bet they'd have a cow over this kind of air rifle. 50 cal or shot gun, punching through a 2x12 and from watching the video kicks like a mule.

Nice one bud ,I am impressed with the way that went through the cinder block and the power a air rifle has now compared to when I was young and how the calibre has increased .

I used to consider them kids toys even as a kid with 1.77 and .22 air rifles and pistols going through a half inch of wood when you played about with the spring , Now with all the modern tech they are a viable òption

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Yea... well the swiss are by enlarge a single group of people compared to the US, also a smaller group of people with a well controlled border that doesnt allow gangs to swarm in through an open border.

once you breakdown the statistics its simply gang shootings and suicide for 99% of all shootings.

So that meme kind of fails on multiple levels kudos, try using that thing on your shoulders for something other than a hat rack.

When you think about it as a whole, we have 40k ish deaths via gun violence a year in a country of 350 million with 400 million guns in citizens hands, in a country with little in the way of meaningful mental health care.

Can we do better sure, but it could be so much worse.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alwaysbeenhere2

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

The person matters more than the tool. Ban the tool and the person will find or make something else.

Oh yeh
And never mind that good law-abiding citizens won't be able to stop a criminal on a shooting spree in a packed shopping center when the police is 10 minutes away.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I used to consider them kids toys even as a kid with 1.77 and .22 air rifles and pistols going through a half inch of wood when you played about with the spring , Now with all the modern tech they are a viable òption

yep their a far cry from you'll put your eye out kid nowadays.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Yeah....regulated doesn't mean what you think it means in that context. I like how you totally ignore the next part by the way. "The right of THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall NOT BE INFRINGED".

But one of the reasons Sweden doesn't see the same rates of firearm homicides that we do is their percentage of homogeniety and their small population. Another one of the reasons Sweden doesn't see the same rates of firearm homicides is their more or less uniform culture.

And one thing to note. If we were truly trigger happy you'd be begging for the rates of firearm homicides we have now because what we have now is tame in comparison.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

many people don't realize one of the first gun laws was each and every able body man shall furnish himself a musket of sufficient bore with enough powder and shot.

in other words own a weapon and not some pea shooter.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TimBurr

This is the book written by the nurse who spent five years supporting one of the bereaved fathers as he travelled the world on the gun ban circuit. All that she saw and heard led her to realise it was a set-up. I communicated with her a few years back, she was scared after many death threats and a lot of nasty harassment. I don't know how it is for her now.

. . . meticulously researched all the evidence and presents a very different version of events from those in Lord Cullen's Report.

www.amazon.co.uk...

I lived near that area in the central belt for years Tim in the yearly 2000s and one night at a lock in a the a pub the subject of Dunblane came up as one of the people there had been on scene very quickly afterwards and told a very different story about the scene .

It was another impossible double tap scenario that was totally staged for the press , And the person telling us this was a very straight shooter and angry at what was getting told and I believed this person 110% . I looked into the history of the weirdo Hamilton and his connection to high up MPs and was shocked at how he had access to young kids through the scouting movement, Things sure did change since I was a young Cub and Boy scout Tim , I used to enjoy going to the nearby summer camps with the scouts and learning everything from archery , abseiling, canoeing and my grandparents enjoyed the rest from a hyper me and the calibre of the men teaching us was totally different en.m.wikipedia.org...

My family were close to that guy and I have a badge from the Lovat scouts on my jacket that has a crazy history of warfare and where it has been , I remember helping him out to his car one afternoon pissed as a fart when he came to visit my grandfather who was basically his taxi driver in the royal navy in Ww2 and my family had a long history of working and serving beside his , changed days Tim ,

This was the Britains Sandy Hook but without poor AI photos of a made up Lanza kid and I wonder where all this control is going as do a few of my mates with kids are they going to be banning rocks next or pick axe handles

Thanks for the link been searching for that story a few times and noticed everything was scrubbed that i originally saw years ago

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Some actually thaught Americans still had all their marbles, but obviously not... LOL

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

yep their a far cry from you'll put your eye out kid nowadays.

Been a while since I heard that saying .
gogun.co...

pricey little thing especially with the shipping risks to the UK ?

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

talking about these caused me to remember back when a i was a kid of 9, 10, 11, back in the 70's. when the county fair would come to to town we'd all load up and go.

they had this one game that had air rifles that looked like M-16's with a air hose hooked up to the pistol grip that fired full auto, and it was fast. made a brrrr brrr sound to. took time to learn not to hold the trigger down and burn up your pellets. me and my brothers would spend 85% of our money playing that game, and the rest on all the junk food and beg our folks for more money so we could ride the rides before we went home.

i always wished they sold them in the stores so i could ask for one at Christmas.

edit on 12-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join