It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since Trump lied so much in the debate, can you list them?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There were quite a few partial truths that were told by both sides, but for some reason all the ones that Trump said were pushed as lies while the ones Biden said were ignored.

I think the actual lies were about equal from what I read. Politicians twist things all the time to make themselves look better, and they twist things to make their opponent look worse. If you have seen as many elections as us older people and actually looked at what politicians say, they twist things a lot all the time

I did not see any more than normal lies on either side, lots of twisting the truth for political gain like always, and of course, people taking credit where it was not due. Biden as the leader of the world takes all the good credit he can trick people into believing. Of Course, Trump also is like that too, he will take credit for things others under him do.

Biden should not be running for president, not because he is a seasoned liar, it is because he is not doing well with his ability to think properly...cognitive decline or dementia, I don't care what it technically is, his president shape is not adequate for the job he is doing.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Mention even a single word about anything to do with abortion and they just go off the deep end! Talk about a single-issue voter.

What we're talking about here is the lie Trump is promoting, and right-wing extremists keep reposting, that Democrats want post birth abortions.

That's a lie about me, a pro-choice Democrat, so sure, I'm going to actively argue against it.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There is no point. They choose to stick to this belief. They have to now, in too deep.

It's not a belief. It the willful promotion of a known lie. It's the willful conflation of Northam's words, from discussing what always already happens when an infant is born with birth defects that are incompatible with life, with wonton murder of healthy, but unwanted newborns.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Virginians sure knew enough about the garbage he said.
It was enough for them to make sure he shouldn’t be near a position of power.
At least while his moral compass is broken af.

Biden’s claim that democrats “are not for late term abortion” is a gigantic lie.
He himself has promised to legalize unlimited abortion through 9 months and wants the government to pay for it.
That’s the only reason some of you voted for him, of course.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Biden’s claim that democrats “are not for late term abortion” is a gigantic lie.

What? What does that even mean, "not for late term abortions"?

First, the Democrats aren't against late term abortion, whatever that is. Democrats want a reinstatement of Roe v Wade, which protected abortion on demand until viability. Since late term abortion are performed primarily because a fetus is not viable, the term "late term abortion" is superfluous.

Secondly, you're the only one perpetrating a lie, claiming Democrats are against late term abortion, not Democrats.

edit on 2920242024k43America/Chicago2024-07-10T16:43:29-05:0004pm2024-07-10T16:43:29-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

There is no point. They choose to stick to this belief. They have to now, in too deep.

It's not a brlief. What are you talking about?
This discussion was about Trump lies at the debate. If you read my post where I first bring up the govenor's interview and the govenor's response to Kathy Tran's Virginia abortion bill that is clearly, as I said, ambiguous at best and pure evil at worst. Trump, like many others, found the govenor's words disturbing and interpreted the govenor as saying that after the child was born THEN the mother and Dr. Would make a decision, how else is anyone suppose to interprete that?
Bottom line is you cannot say Trump was lying when he said that at the debate.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What? What does that even mean, "not for late term abortions"?

First, the Democrats aren't against late term abortion, whatever that is. Democrats want a reinstatement of Roe v Wade, which protected abortion on demand until viability. Since late term abortion are performed primarily because a fetus is not viable, the term "late term abortion" is superfluous.

Secondly, you're the only one perpetrating a lie, claiming Democrats are against late term abortion, not Democrats.

Biden said it.
His own words.

“But we are not for late-term abortion, period – period, period.”
amp.theguardian.com...

That’s a gigantic lie.
Democrats and Biden are 100% on board for unlimited abortion.
That’s why you keep voting for him.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I proved that to you yesterday in the other Trump thread but you didn't want to believe it. The gov said what he said.

PERIOD!

CNN was the source.

I REST MY CASE YOUR HONOR!

a reply to: fringeofthefringe
a reply to: network dude

Yes. Trump lied. He lied by saying that Democrats are advocating for abortion after birth. Trump keeps repeating it, and you guys keep reposting it, but it's still a lie.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” he continued. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

What is your problem with the above statement? In Northam's hypothetical example? It's always what's done "in cases where there may be severe deformities." What would you rather have happen? What do you think should happen?

The interviewer brought up Monday’s committee hearing, during which Democratic delegate Kathy Tran, the chief sponsor of the bill, stated that her legislation would allow a woman to receive an abortion even while she was going into labor.

This proposed law would have allowed for the doctors of that woman, who is in labor with a fetus with severe deformities to perform an abortion with the woman is in labor, rather than force her to give birth, only to watch her fetus writhe in pain and eventually die a slow painful death.

Here is Northam saying how a late term abortion in such a case as discussed above are traditionally done NOW.

“When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician — more than one physician, by the way — and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.”
In his full answer on WTOP, Northam explains that third trimester abortions are “done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that’s nonviable.” He then gives the hypothetical example about a mother in labor.
“Trump just posted this video of former VA Governor Ralph Northam supporting ‘post-birth abortions’ aka infanticide.
Many posts on multiple platforms quote Northam before stating: “In other words, the Baby would be executed after birth! ALWAYS REMEMBER - THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE RADICALS ON ABORTION.”

But Northam was only addressing what happens in cases where a baby is born with severe deformities and has a low chance of survival.

apnews.com...

Trump lied about Democrats wanting post birth abortions. And so are you guys.

edit on 10000000343120247America/Chicago07pm7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

(post by Tarzan007 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Roe v Wade protected nothing. It was illegal to begin with. It is a state issue. It was sent back to the states. This is why you will not see Trump talking about it.

Abortion should not be an issue to vote on or even discuss at the national level.

Every state, where abortion is banned, allows in the case of the mother could die. ALL of them and that is the main argument from you and others. Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Dakotan, and Texas have stricter guidelines regarding health.

Link

Removing Roe v Wade, to be very honest, changed nothing.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

HAHA
Oh, you're talking about Biden's ramblings at the debate, where he got Roe wrong!

“I supported Roe v Wade, which had three trimesters. First time is between a woman and a doctor. Second time is between the doctor and an extreme situation. And a third time is between the doctor – I mean, it’d be between the woman and the state,”

Yeah. That's not how Roe worked. So, please don't try to tell me that's what Democrats think or want, because Joe stumbled.

At any rate. A few sentences later he contradicts your “But we are not for late-term abortion, period – period, period.” with

“The idea that the politicians – that the founders wanted the politicians to be the ones making decisions about women’s health is ridiculous. That’s the last – no politician should be making that decision.”

He continued: “A doctor should be making those decisions. That’s how it should be run. That’s what you’re going to do.”

Nobody is FOR late term abortions. They almost always means a wanted fetus is very, very diseased. But Democrats aren't for forcing women carry nonviable fetuses until their hearts naturally stop beating, regardless of the health risks for the woman.

So again, regardless of what Joe Biden rambled on about on stage at the debate, there are no Democrats pushing for post-birth abortions. Democrats want to reinstate the guildines imposed by ROE, which was a viability limit, determined by the doctors themselves. Because some fetus will never achieve viability, not at 15 weeks, not at 24 weeks, not at 38 weeks.
edit on 1120242024k14America/Chicago2024-07-10T18:14:11-05:0006pm2024-07-10T18:14:11-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

LOL
No you didn't. You purposely ignored the fact that the dicussion was about non-viable or horribly diseased infants with dire prognosis for any quality of life.

Northam was not advocating for post-abortion murder. He was explaining what happens right now, always, every day in every states of the Union, when an infant is born with defects that are not compatible with life.

You want to tell me that doesn't happen? What do you think does happens when an infant is born alive with its undeveloped brains outside of its crainium? Or, do you still want to argue that Northam was talking about the way it would be, if the VIrginia passed a law allowing doctors to colude with the parents to murder healthy newborns?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Sure I did, you are gaslighting yourself on this one in an open forum sook.

He said it, CNN reported it. I don't care the circumstance it was said. I can handle the truth. Some of us here can't.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Pretty bad when lefties call out Biden's lies. A good one was when he said the medicine cap is 200 and it is actually 2000. That there is what we would call a BIG lie.

edit on x31Wed, 10 Jul 2024 19:10:58 -05002024191America/ChicagoWed, 10 Jul 2024 19:10:58 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Nobody is FOR late term abortions.

There is an entire industry devoted to selling baby body parts. There was an undercover sting a few years ago that uncovered it, doctors talking about getting a second house, giddy about buying a sports car. After it was brought to the msm the story died.
Getting back to the topic, it doesn't matter who said what at the debate because Joe Biden looked like a corpse and could not finish a sentence. MAGA is coming back and Trump is the next president. Get used to it, it's happening!

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Pretty bad when lefties call out Biden's lies.

Wait. Is Biden a liar, or senile rambling fool, who couldn't put two sentences together?

edit on 2120242024k45America/Chicago2024-07-10T19:45:21-05:0007pm2024-07-10T19:45:21-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

There is an entire industry devoted to selling baby body parts.

Adult body parts and corpses too!

OMG!

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Wait. Is Biden a liar, or senile rambling fool, who couldn't put two sentences together?

You forgot to add, on top of being a senile fool, he's also some sort of criminal mastermind that they are sure of, but he's so good that Comer can't find any impeachable offenses after 4 years, and don't forget, he's managed to finagle both DOJ charges and state charges against his opponent, while he is basically mentally incapacitated from what is claimed here.

How he's all of those things at the same time, I'm not sure, but ATS tells me this is so.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   

There is an entire industry devoted to selling baby body parts.

Adult body parts and corpses too!

OMG!

No, just baby body parts. Do you even know what you are talking about. It is shameful, don't support it.

edit on 10-7-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Biden is proof that those things obviously aren’t mutually exclusive.

It must be nice that Biden has such a hivemind set of devoted drones that he can do no wrong because…
1) too old and senile to know better
2) cult like fan base is oblivious to how inept and corrupt he’s always been

Half the country has known Biden is a walking corpse.
Time for the other half to see.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join