It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since Trump lied so much in the debate, can you list them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I realize all the oxygen is getting sucked into the void that is Joe Biden, but I keep hearing things like Trump lied the whole time, or he told 25 to 30 lies. he has been known to "embellish the facts", so I'm not saying it can't happen, but I do want to fully understand what the lies were, just in case they were damaging to the republic or something. So if you know what they were, and can list them out in your own words, that would be super.
Then perhaps we can talk about something other than Basement Biden.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Here's quite a few porkies:

www.factcheck.org...

The one about Dems allowing "abortion after birth" seems to stand out?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I prefer to focus on the truths he told:

The border crisis is Biden's fault.
World leaders are laughing at Biden.
The Biden administration is the worst in U.S. history.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I think he stayed true to his own form in embellishment.

The only one that bugged me was his claims of having the greatest economy.

Even if we looked precovid, there’s no metrics that make it true. You could say it was better compared to other administrations, but the best is a big claim.

Doesn’t really matter though since his opponent couldn’t even make a coherent point. Trump has free reign to say what he wishes, if he makes complete sentences he looks better.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Politicians all seem like meglomaniacs tooting their own horn. The most laughable lies were from Biden telling us how he saved the economy and made our lives so much better than they were under Trump's administration.

There's difference between exagerating and outright lieing.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They both lied many times.
And they both avoided directly talking about the war in Gaza.
(Trying to get that Michigan Muslim vote!!)

edit on 7/10/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

All politicians lie, all the time
What a shocker!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Here's quite a few porkies:

www.factcheck.org...

The one about Dems allowing "abortion after birth" seems to stand out?

www.cnn.com...

Washington
CNN

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam is facing backlash after he voiced his support for a state measure that would significantly loosen restrictions on late-term abortions.

“[Third trimester abortions are] done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s nonviable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” Northam, a pediatric neurosurgeon, told Washington radio station WTOP. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

The bill – which among other things would end a state rule that requires at least three physicians confirm “that a third trimester abortion is necessary to prevent the woman’s death or impairment of her mental or physical health” and ends “the need to find that any such impairment to the woman’s health would be substantial and irremediable” – is currently tabled in Virginia’s legislature.

sorry for the extreme right wing source, but it does explain what this was about. I'm sure he didn't really mean it, but he did really say it. CNN said so.

Any others on the list someone else made up that shocked you?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"Made up", how?

Who said I was shocked?
edit on 10-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think he stayed true to his own form in embellishment.

The only one that bugged me was his claims of having the greatest economy.

Even if we looked precovid, there’s no metrics that make it true. You could say it was better compared to other administrations, but the best is a big claim.

Doesn’t really matter though since his opponent couldn’t even make a coherent point. Trump has free reign to say what he wishes, if he makes complete sentences he looks better.

it was the best ever, better than any other. The greatest. He does that all the time, and if you were going to pick the nits, you could find a better economy at some previous time I'd wager. But things were going very well, if you recall, the main problems in the US at the time were:
1. mean tweets
2. a mean wall to keep out innocent newcomers
3. Trump asked Ukraine to look into the things we now know were on the laptop that the FBI verified as true, and not altered in any way, and was impeached
until the coof came. Then we had to shut down the world and blame any and all problems on Trump. I was doing pretty good in his economy, most I know were as well. So while it may not have been the goodest ever, it was pretty goodest.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

"Made up", how?

I asked in the OP for what he lied about "in your own words", your list was one that others made. Someone other than you. A person outside of your orbit. An outside entity.

eta:

Who said I was shocked?

not sure what's going on with you today, you usually have a better grasp on things. But I wasn't saying you were shocked, I asked what other lies shocked you. If none did, that's fine. I was asking a question based on the OP in a thread you are posting in.
edit on 10-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Oh, sorry. But they are there for all to see. It's what he said.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh, sorry. But they are there for all to see. It's what he said.

Yes, thanks for linking that. Do you think all on that list are verified lies and understood in the context they were said?
Did you get to see the link provided about the one thing you brought up?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No lies shocked me. All politicians lie it doesn't shock me at all.

Me? Busy with work.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think things under his economy were good for the short term. But that deficit that was rising precovid were still going to catch up.

We were still cutting taxes while increasing spending.

I’ve used the analogy before, it’s credit card spending. It’s like the friend who gets a new car, buys a bunch of stuff, but isn’t making any more money. Sure they’ll look better off in the short term, but all things come to a head.

The debt we were racking up would still have interest on it and we’d have to pay it back sometime.

We did see some jobs and companies come back under him, but ultimately it was positive in the immediate scope aside from that.

He is still far from a fiscal conservative or even a responsible admin when it came to the nations book keeping.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

"Made" and "made up" have different meanings.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

"Made" and "made up" have different meanings.

in the US, you can make your bed, or make up your bed. If you make up your bed, that's not to say your bed is a figment of your imagination, just that you put the covers and pillow where they belong. I'll do my best not to confuse things going forward.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

My apologies. I misunderstood you.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   
GDP growth by year-

Nothing stood out even before COVID.

Here’s a breakdown by president. If you include COVID Trump is second to last behind Hoover. If we omit COVID his admin was average at best.

www.thebalancemoney.com...

He’ll likely get a second go at things though, so I’m curious how that will go.
edit on 10-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

He’ll likely get a second go at things though, so I’m curious how that will go.

I predict the greatest economy known to man. Better than any other economy. the greatest.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join