It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since Trump lied so much in the debate, can you list them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Jeez, no takers? Can I be the masochist?

Oh, this will be picked apart thoroughly.

“everybody wanted to get it back to the states, everybody, without exception.”

Hyperbole. There are indeed exceptions.

Is he in an alternate reality? There are all the women that wanted it federally protected. The Due Process Clause's applicability to a women's right to total body self-governance, and he must not make an exception for the 68% of women that wanted that upheld.

I think women (in places left in limbo or reverting to old laws) are making due with states rights and trying to return it to the protections they had under Roe v. Wade.

It's not close to his retcon of reality.

“The problem they have is they’re radical because they will take the life of a child in the eighth month, the ninth month, and even after birth, after birth.”

Overstating and unfairly demonizing rare occurrences and fatal birth defects which manifest later in pregnancy as the fetus nears or even passes viability.

Most screens are only 81% accurate to detect trisomy even during 15-22 weeks of pregnancy. 1 in 5 fatal defects may elude detection until week 22 or later. These are the majority of cases that occur in the late second or third trimester. And they certainly don't want to kill it, most of the time they're f*cking heartbroken because they wanted it.

It's incredibly misleading and disrespectful to the VAST majority of the women getting late trimester abortions.

“If I didn’t bring in the National Guard, (Minneapolis) would have been destroyed.”

Taking credit for The Minnesota governor? Who ACTUALLY deployed the National Guard.

"We had the greatest economy in history.”

Greatest economy in history?

www.c-span.org...

Concensus surveys say it all. Usually every one of these historical or economist surveys says trump ranks, just like at Wharton Business School, in the bottom 50% percentile. Usually ahead of Carter, Ford, and G.W. Bush, but behind Obama, Clinton, and Reagan.

“during my four years, I had the best environmental numbers ever”

The numbers were GREAT in half of 2020, I guess. But this is misleading. The numbers cited in 2016-2020 were consistently falling since 1990. Only Outdoor particulate air pollution and outdoor ozone reached lowpoints during his administration. He actually rolled back over 100 climate rules no doubt for being part of "the green scam".

partially true, but very misleading.

They talk about a relatively small number of people that went to the Capitol and in many cases were ushered in by the police.”

Capitol police ushered in 2000-2500 people? Really? While most took in the sights, there were several that looted and vandalized government property.

This is largely based on the defense being employed by several of the rioters, that "they thought they could enter because the police were letting them in."

www.factcheck.org...

140 capitol police were assaulted, many abandoned their posts, others tried to sympathize to deescalate the situation. E.g. Stockholm Syndrome.

“Because I offered her 10,000 soldiers or National Guard and she turned them down.”

It was 20,000 initially. Now it's 10,000. Which is it?

Pelosi did say she'd punch him, but never blocked a mythical offer, and would have no say in deploying National Guard troops anyway.

"He basically went after his political opponent because he thought it was going to damage me,"

Projection/Conjecture. The Manhattan District Attourneys Office went after him. While allied with Biden, and obviously a witch-hunt, there's no proof it was a DoJ directive. They acted on their own accord to get Trump for something.

"He's got the largest deficit in the history of our country," 

So misleading. Racking up record debt is a guarantee of president's now.

www.investopedia.com...

Over the past 60 years, nearly every U.S. president has run a record budget deficit at some point, with former Presidents Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and George W. Bush running the largest U.S. budget deficits in history.

Trump blew it up over covid. He had to. They all freaking deal with this, last surplus was during Clinton and the rise of the internet.

www.investopedia.com...

Deficits are as American as 94-98% of an apple pie.
edit on 10-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Even if we looked precovid, there’s no metrics that make it true. You could say it was better compared to other administrations, but the best is a big claim.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

"During the first three years of the Trump administration, real wage growth for the bottom 10%." We're looking right down at the bottom now. "Was more than double real wage growth for the top 10%. Since the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act real wealth for the bottom 50% rose 28.4%, while that of the top 1% rose 8.9%. In one year, 2019 real median household income rose by more $4,400 than in the entire 16 years through 2016 combined." All right, economic growth. But those who are experiencing the most rapid increase in wealth and wages are those at the bottom. How did that happen?

That was from the journalist asking one of Trumps economists how did they achieve this. A very good interview full of really good data and other tidbits.
Here is his response..

Well, I'm glad that you had those figures before you so that I didn't have to reach into my memory bank to take them out. And yes, it does put complete lie to, I think what is the standard narrative about the 2017 tax reform and the Trump economy generally is this reality that not only were the gains largest at the lower end of the wage income and wealth distributions, but we actually saw that reflected in the inequality data with inequality declining by pretty much any measure.

very good interview which I believe gives a better snapshot of the Trump economy

The consumer confidence was very high and companies were investing and money offshores was being repatriated.
And then there was this just, literally days, just before the first confirmed covid case was confirmed in the US...

The United States and China signed an historic and enforceable agreement on a Phase One trade deal on January 15, 2020. The agreement requires structural reforms and other changes to China’s economic and trade regime.

this was a big deal that was soured by covid 4 days later and about 10 weeks before the lockdown
These articles were pre Biden campaign so they have less "spin". Things were really moving in the right direction inspite of the 2+ years of Mueller special council Russian scam and impeachment and non stop negative coverage from the msm. I hope Trump can get the job done in a second term but one thing is for sure a vote for Joe Biden is a vote for a secretive shadow government.
edit on 10-7-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

first one, lie. Decision was the correct one based on the COTUS and it's lack of mention of abortion, but still a lie.
second one, explained here.
third one, link to facts.

he didn't control the Min, Guard, but he did want to gain control of the idiocy, and tried, but was denied by the left. Remember it?

fourth one, lie, it was good, but not the best. Stinker has the data on that.
fifth one, what does the data say? it either is, or it's not. You can't use Covid as a cudgle, then ignore it when you don't want to see it used. be honest.

sixth one, www.reuters.com... it can't be both ways. He wanted troops to protect his fans. remember?

seventh one, to say that Biden's administration isn't coming after Trump using the courts is to deny reality. Play the game if you like, but everyone can see it. Even from the cheap seats.

eighth one, look at the numbers, not the feelz.

Trump did lie. But not like it's been reported. That reporting was....a lie. You even tried to "interpret" things differently when the facts say otherwise. I do it as well, like with Covid. The job loss and spending wasn't due to Trump's incomitance, it was due to a global pandemic, and the world being turned off for over a year.

edit on 10-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Goes to show how many facts are being kept from Democrats by the sources they get their news from. But they're too dumbed down to get angry over being lied to. So sad.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

He certainly wasn’t without accomplishments.

But a lot of those figures are pretty molecular with the exception of the bottom 50% and median household growth (which was a direct result of tax cuts).

Again, trump isn’t without accomplishments, and I’m sure we can find some specific statistics that paint a good picture, but I haven’t seen any broader metrics that support the claim that Trump had anywhere close to the greatest economy in the last thirty years much less for the history of America.

I just don’t understand the point of making such claims. I understand he often embellishes, but the country had around average GDP growth before COVID. There’s very few years we don’t have growth, he had growth and certain groups of people did benefit, even at the bottom.

But if we look at some of the growth that was purely tax cuts, and they’re not coupled with spending cuts than people in the future pay for that with interest. That’s not being fiscally responsible in my book.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33
This is what Trump was speaking to.

By ALEXANDRA DESANCTIS

January 30, 2019 12:03 PM

This morning on WTOP’s “Ask The Governor,” Virginia governor Ralph Northam defended the new abortion bill introduced by state Democrats this month, the Repeal Act, which would legalize abortion up to the point of birth.

The interviewer brought up Monday’s committee hearing, during which Democratic delegate Kathy Tran, the chief sponsor of the bill, stated that her legislation would allow a woman to receive an abortion even while she was going into labor. The host then asked Northam whether he supports the bill and asked him to explain Tran’s comment.

“This is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved,” Northam said. “When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician — more than one physician, by the way — and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.”

Northam is either unaware of the specifics of the bill, or he’s lying about them. Tran’s legislation explicitly removes the current requirement that three physicians agree that a woman is in need of a late-term abortion. The new bill would require only the consent of the mother and of the physician performing the abortion. But he went on to say something even more heinous.

This was the real troubling part, at best ambiguous at worst pure evil but you can translate if you can.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” he continued. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

defintely sounds like he is saying after birth they will make a decision after birth
I mean it does sound like the govenor is saying after birth the mother and doctor will decide, decide to "infanticide"?Please feel free to explain what I am missing and by the way I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

But if we look at some of the growth that was purely tax cuts, and they’re not coupled with spending cuts than people in the future pay for that with interest. That’s not being fiscally responsible in my book.

Nice reply. You make good points. It was reported and also Trump has spoke to the fact that there were more taxes paid into the treasury due to both the repatriation of dollars and the job growth which led to one of if not the highest job participation rate. I would say in addition to the tax cuts the Job Act, cutting overbearing regulations and putting tariffs on China to offset their unfare trade practices was also a big factor. The public sentiment was very good and irregardless of the data points(which were good)consumer confidence is very important.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well the question was "where Trump lied?"

And sure. They (Liberal MSM) are stuck with an invalid for candidate. They are going to highlight "ALL 30 TIMES TRUMP LIED" and disseminate every one. Meanwhile they will downplay Bidens poor performance, calling it like his "Miracle on ice moment." Where after the Soviets (Trump) thoroughly kicked his ass in the exhibition, and he learned to just crosscheck them and take away their pretty soviet style of play.

"He's down, but not out."

You knew they were going to do this. It's rally time until it isn't anymore.

As far as lies, I counted like 18 to 10 or thereabouts.

And I could do the "Where Biden lied" one too. He tried to stay to the facts, but still lied his ass off. My count was biasly around 2-1, but others could easily invert that based on different sources.

That's normal politics as far as I'm concerned.

edit on 10-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

it was a political debate. I don't know that I've seen one where nobody lied, or one that anyone didn't lie. My reason for this thread was to see if my recollection of reality meshes with actual reality. I know he lied some, he does that. But to say "he did nothing but lie the whole time", which was said by many and parroted by many more, was in fact a lie.

I just like my lies to feel gentle and soothing. Like watching Bob Ross.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

And I could do the "Where Biden lied" one too. He tried to stay to the facts, but still lied his ass off.

There is no need for that. Poor Joey has enough issues with being able to form a sentence.
I hate that the pit is gone and all the threads made went *POOF*. I did a few asking how they were going to deal with Biden when everyone found out he was a vegetable back in 2020. I never thought it would come to this, but then, I've never lived in clown world before, so it's all new to me.

But thanks for being the only one to take the bait answer the question. You are a good egg Danny.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Here's quite a few porkies:

www.factcheck.org...

The one about Dems allowing "abortion after birth" seems to stand out?

Seriously? Your sides whole platform is we have the right to kill our babies but they dont want us to.

The supreme court took away our right to kill babies. Its the whole platform.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They both lied many times.
And they both avoided directly talking about the war in Gaza.
(Trying to get that Michigan Muslim vote!!)

Did you read the Title of the thread? You are supposed to LIST THEM. What lies did Trump tell everyone?

Zealots these days.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Did you read the Title of the thread? You are supposed to LIST THEM. What lies did Trump tell everyone?

I didn't have to. Someone else posted a link to a fact check showing some of them already.

Zealots these days.

What am I supposedly a 'zealot' of?
That's ridiculous.
I didnt' come down on either side.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You're purposely misunderstanding. An abortion can't be done on a woman actively in labor or after a baby is born. That is infanticide.

However, some states have put language in their laws that will allow palliative care to be decided between parents and the doctor in regards to infants with such severe situations that they will die, instead of using extreme medical interventions that at most will just extend the life for a little longer. The law clarifies they cannot be legally charged with a crime of the baby dies due to a defect that happened in the womb caused by nature.

Seems much more humane for the baby and family in those situations to make it comfortable for the infant and the parents get to hold and love the child for the little time it has.
edit on 10-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123

My side? I'm English.

You think that's my "platform"? Think again. Or even, think?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Apparently, I'm a "zealot". Who knew?

What a load of bollox.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: pennylane123

My side? I'm English.

You think that's my "platform"? Think again. Or even, think?

Ok the side you agree with everything on

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

But thanks for being the only one to take the bait answer the question. You are a good egg Danny.

Oh no problem. I like to be direct. Sometimes too direct. But if you just keep changing it no one believes it anyway. Lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I think they could fix that pretty easily though.

If you or I move abroad and make money in the US, we still pay US taxes. If corporations are people, than let’s treat them as such.

If Apple wants to sell phones here, pay your taxes. They benefit from being a US based company, and it looks a lot better than being a Chinese phone company. So they can pay their dues. Especially seeing as they consistently have growth and their market cap is higher than most nations GDPs.

The other thing would be to fix how our monetary system works. Our currency should be more debit than credit IMO. Many of the founding fathers fought (in blood) over that.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

so can you show what part of that post that has the verbiage included was incorrect? I'm sure you would prefer that wasn't said, as it does complicate the part where it's claimed that's a lie, but the facts say it actually happened, but unless you have "alternative facts", it looks like you are wrong.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join